• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Summer 2013 - The List

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Yay, it's here. I'm not sure if I have a lot of interest in il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion yet but looking forward to a lot of summer titles this summer especially continuing series like The World God Only Knows III and High School DxD New.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Myaow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Lookin' good! I'm really curious about this one. I like how cranky-looking the magical girls are, he he he.

This next season looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. Anyone else excited about Uchoten Kazoku?
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited for summer! Very Happy I can't wait for more of the monogatari anime. I'm also looking forward to Silver Spoon given it's pedigree. Free! looks to be a lot of fun and Makai Oji sounds interesting. I'm curious about Genshiken Second Season. I saw the first but admittedly haven't seen the OVAs or Genshiken 2 yet but from what I've read of the manga genshiken second season focuses a lot on new characters. Uchouten Kazoku I'm mainly curious about because I have yet to come across a PA works show I haven't liked. Oh! And I'm also curious about Gatchaman Crowds because of the director.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Il Sole...I love the main character so much I'm basing an Exalted character on her.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
It looks interesting, I've always been attracted to the tarot theme. I'm just bummed by these magical girls that don't change clothes. Will check it out.
Redcrimson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
So the post-Madoka era of Magical Girls seems to have arrived. I'm looking forward to it.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't know why, but I'm interested in watching il sole penetra le illusioni.
Raneth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Redcrimson wrote:
So the post-Madoka era of Magical Girls seems to have arrived. I'm looking forward to it.

Me too. Day Break Illusion has my attention.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Day Break Illusion is in there with Blood Lad and Devils and Realist, as a show I'm interested in checking out, but not really hyped for.

The show I'm probably most looking forward to this season is Silver Spoon since I recently read and fell in love with the manga, and I'm interested to see what the story is like animated.

Overall this season doesn't look quite as interesting as this past Spring did, but I'll at least be on the lookout for some new stuff. Might even try catching up real quick on Symphogear to watch the sequel.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Il sole penetra le illusioni is an Aniplex show, and thus likely to be licensed by Aniplex of America. I also have zero interest in it.

I am really interested in Hyperdimension Neptunia and I hope that Sentai gets it so they can get the video game cast(Funimation wouldn't make the effort) for when they do the dub. I am also hopeful that Daisuki isn't going to act like Niconico 2.0(it does seem headed that way) and interfere with what Crunchyroll(the superior streaming service) can get.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Interesting VA choices. We've got Rorona from Atelier Rorona and Sayaka from Madoka as the first two girls. : )
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
good voices at least. overall summer doesnt seem so exciting for me. then again we just had an amazing Fall,Winter, and Spring...Has to slow down sometime Anime hyper
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had your problem. there are about 28 that I'm considering watching
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
The Summer looks pretty dire honestly. Not a lot that looks like something I want to watch.

I will watch the new Gatchaman Crowds because I'm curious. The promo art hasn't been great, but not enough to turn me off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
So how exactly do you tell if this is a Magical Girl show?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10