• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2006 - Tokyopop

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ther upcoming Pop Fiction novels include Magic Moon, Ki no Tabi, Scrapped Princess, Chain Mail, The Twelve Kingdoms, Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moon and Trinity Blood: Rage on the Moon.

I don't know about the Scrapped Princess but I am definetly looking forward to Trinity blood and The Twelve Kingdoms novels. Considering both of the anime titles stop short of where they are in these novels.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Ialdaboth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
'Rage on the Moon' ? They renamed Reborn on The Mars ?

Excellent news, though.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Other upcoming Pop Fiction novels include Magic Moon, Ki no Tabi, Scrapped Princess, Chain Mail, The Twelve Kingdoms, Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moon and Trinity Blood: Rage on the Moon.

Could it be Kino no Tabi?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Quote:
ther upcoming Pop Fiction novels include Magic Moon, Ki no Tabi, Scrapped Princess, Chain Mail, The Twelve Kingdoms, Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moon and Trinity Blood: Rage on the Moon.

I don't know about the Scrapped Princess but I am definetly looking forward to Trinity blood and The Twelve Kingdoms novels. Considering both of the anime titles stop short of where they are in these novels.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

AoD recently had an early review of the first Scrapped Princess novel and it seems that the first novel covers material from before the first episode of the anime that was barely even hinted at. Considering the novel series is 12 or 13 volumes (and possibly still going), I think there is plenty of material for us Scrapped Princess anime fans to drool over.

As for the rest of the Tokyopop panel, I was really didn't care. There was absolutely nothing that I was interested in.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Yep, we're pretty much screwed on the Kino's Journey novels...Tokyopop's licensed them and is going to release them as "Kino no Tabi". Granted, their work on Slayers is badass (if gruesomely unfinished; where the hell are volumes seven and onward?), but given their proclivity to produce so-called translations filled with random fanboy Japanese, I think we're hosed on this one. Damn.
midori kou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote
Star Trek manga? I doubt that's really gonna fly very well. =/
Peter Ahlstrom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quote
There is no fanboy Japanese in the TOKYOPOP version of Kino no Tabi. It's translated by Andrew Cunningham, and I for one am very happy with the result.
red stranger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote
Sign me up for the Kino no Tabi & Scrapped Princess books, but I'd rather have the Irresponsible Capitain Tylor, Fushigi Yugi and Cowboy Bebop novels....
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
AoD recently had an early review of the first Scrapped Princess novel and it seems that the first novel covers material from before the first episode of the anime that was barely even hinted at. Considering the novel series is 12 or 13 volumes (and possibly still going), I think there is plenty of material for us Scrapped Princess anime fans to drool over.

Wow I didn't know that what the novel were about....I assumed that the novels were basically covered by the anime. (techically the other way but you understand)

Now that I know that there is new material things are a bit different, perhaps I will have to see what the first novel looks like and see if I like it. I can't to see what is included before the anime took place, this is all way to exciting.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh. So that's why Tokyopop decided to ditch at Wizard World this weekend (not a great move). I've been interested in the Kino no Tabi novels for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NightHedgehog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Where's the rest of Slayers?
Yoda117

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
yeah, you guys are going to hate me, but...

the "100 people at the end of the panel" comment was somewhat innaccurate. They were there for the panel that was at 10AM, and most were standing in the back waiting for Tokyopop clear the stage.

Only know that because I was there... it was literally a line that proceeded from the back, out the door and down the hallway.

Soz.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1