• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Wolf Children Dub to Premiere at Otakon

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Woo! Been dying to see this movie.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
They sure dubbed this faster than I thought they would. I want to watch this really badly.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am going to Otakon, as long as it doesn't conflict with any panels I'm dying to go to (mostly the Vertical industry panel), perhaps I shall see it.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
But the schedule on the first day of Anime Expo (which takes place before Otakon) says they're gonna play the dub of Wolf Children. Wouldn't that make the screening at AX the premiere? Or did someone make a mistake at AX or Otakon?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Never saw any mention of the AX showing to be dubbed. Pretty sure it'll be shown with Japanese audio with English subtitles.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
The schedule claims it'll be dubbed, unless it's a typo
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
But the schedule on the first day of Anime Expo (which takes place before Otakon) says they're gonna play the dub of Wolf Children. Wouldn't that make the screening at AX the premiere? Or did someone make a mistake at AX or Otakon?

I saw that too. It seemed like all the anime Funimation is showing at AX is listed as dub, including Psycho Pass, so I'm not sure if that's legit or not. I'd imagine it's false if this article says otherwise.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I asked AX on their facebook, they said that they are going to show the dub
Kisuka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
We are showing the subbed version. The post is in error on our side.

Last edited by Kisuka on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone! This is Gia, an Associate Brand Manager at FUNimation. It is our understanding that Anime Expo's announcement is in error; we will premiere the Wolf Children dub at Otakon this year. We are in touch with everyone trying to resolve this confusion.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Otakon premiere!
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
AX gets Psycho Pass but Otakon only gets this? Any way we could swap those? Smile

Damn, it's tough being the #2 con.

If this runs up against nothing of interest to me @ Otakon, I'll see it...I guess. Maybe. To be brutally honest, I'm hoping that this runs up against something in which I have interest @ Otakon as so to lessen the lines for that which interests me.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
OHH F*CCK YESSS!!! I've been dying to see this.

LET'S GOOO MARRRYLLANDD!!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
AX gets Psycho Pass but Otakon only gets this? Any way we could swap those? Smile

Given the choice between a couple episodes of a TV series that's been available subbed online for a while or a complete movie that isn't available legally anywhere but at cons I'm going to go with the movie every time.

I was starting to worry that there wouldn't be anything like this at Otakon this year, really glad I'm going this year.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I am fairly happy with the kind of anime/movies mr. hosada directs, that and the advent of Mr. sadamoto's designs, this is definitely worth checking out.

HOWEVER I dont dig the fact they turn into wolves.... and their mom dates a wolf..... ugh my furrie senses are tingling....
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Echo_City wrote:

Given the choice between a couple episodes of a TV series that's been available subbed online for a while or a complete movie that isn't available legally anywhere but at cons I'm going to go with the movie every time.

I was starting to worry that there wouldn't be anything like this at Otakon this year, really glad I'm going this year.

Emerje
AX is said to have Psycho Pass dubbed, however, which is as "rarified" as this movie.

This movie looks to be a fluffy & overly-emotional piece that requires the viewer to stifle his evaluation of the movie based on logic and reason and instead just go "along for the ride", letting the movie play his heartstrings in order to get any enjoyment out of it. Because this is something that I am not willing to do, I can't countenance giving a movie's logical failings a pass just because of its emotional appeals, it was agonizing for me to sit through Summer Wars. Since this movie looks to be more of the same, and from what I can find online it is more of the same, I'd prefer almost anything over this.

But hey, Funimation, if you could put the "premiered" eps of Psycho Pass dubbed up on your Elite streaming service and get the powers that be to schedule this screening up against another "big draw" event then I would consider that to be the Best of Both Worlds. Thanks Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2