• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote

Season 1 - Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! (TV)
Season 2 - Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! (TV)
Season 3 - Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!! (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, fantasy, magic

Themes: magical girl

Plot Summary: Spin-off of Fate/stay night with Illyasviel von Einzbern as the protagonist, living an alternate life as a school girl.
----------------------------------

Episode 1
Just finished watching Nico stream and wow, that was funny. The staff reminds me a bit of Cardcaptor Sakura's but anyways, spoiler[poor Shirou. He walked in on the wrong time] Anime hyper

The fan service was more than I thought with the bath scene around the middle half. spoiler[Oh and the transformation scene was cool. Nice outfit!] Anyways, funny episode and got a lot of laughs. I'm definitely keeping up with this series.

Last edited by Stark700 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:07 am; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
They... actually adapted this into an anime?

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Magical girl anime sells merchandise. It might just be a more profitable venture than Fate/Zero.

Does the black haired girl correspond to anyone in F/SN? The blonde was Rin's rival at the mage guild, IIRC.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
The fan-service, even the bath scene was not sexual and not even entry level ecchi though. Not to mention the transformation.
They sure went out of their way not to offend the people who hate lolis sexualized.
kotelocl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
This franchise gets bigger and bigger...would someone who's not a type-moon fan enjoy it?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
Even this gets animated so does this mean I can be pretty hopeful towards a Heaven's Feel adaption maybe they'll use this to fund it?

Anyway I might check an episode or two before my subsriction on Crunchyroll ends. I'm not particularly interested though. Seems like the selling point here is that it's a spinoff of Fate/Stay Night so whether it has anything else to offer other than that (aside from ecchi) remains to be seen I guess (expect for those who read the manga).
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote
This is an unusual version of Fate series.
All the same characters, just in a different story.
This is like Fate meets Mahou Shoujo.
The bathroom part was totally ROFL though.
This is too much magic loli for my taste.
Dropping it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
so is this another crappy nico stream first, then a week later a non crappy TV version?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
so is this another crappy nico stream first, then a week later a non crappy TV version?

In terms of visuals quality yes.

Same thing applies to Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi although it's only for the first episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed ep 1, it followed the manga and it's always nice to see the fate va's return.

Though I'm a bit worried about how well the pacing is going to be. Ep 1 covered chp 1 of the manga perfectly, But there's 13 chps total and it's only running for 10 eps. spoiler[ Next ep we should get the Rider fight and Miyu's intro. Though that chp was short in the manga, so they could combine chps 2+3 since it carries over with Miyu's intro.]
Beized

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Their getting right into the battles with servants. Exciting. I was worried the cool stuff was going to come to slow. Also got a nice little cameo of Waver ten years older.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
LOL, the part where Illyasviel yelled "distance!" cracked me up. Oh and nice to see Rider again this episode.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Twas a pretty cool Rider alternative design too.

spoiler[Also, hmmm... Those sad lonely eyes. Who could this more hardened magical girl be?]

I actually didn't like the Rider fight all that much. I felt it drug on even for an introductory battle. But it's funny and that's all that really matters to me with a spin-off.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
overall it's a light hearted series from what I've seen/watched and yet strangely fits into the Fate universe. I just hope some heartless people don't judge this series to harshly and take it for the soft hearted show it seems to be.

spoiler[If anyone can figure out the puns in Italic you win a prize.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
Twas a pretty cool Rider alternative design too.

spoiler[Also, hmmm... Those sad lonely eyes. Who could this more hardened magical girl be?]

I actually didn't like the Rider fight all that much. I felt it drug on even for an introductory battle. But it's funny and that's all that really matters to me with a spin-off.

You are correct, spoiler[it is a dark haired expy of Fate Testerossa, but if you were trying to imply Homura, then it is Homura being an effective expy of Miyu as the original Fate/Kaleid manga came out in 2008.]

Among other issues, Kaleid could not have come out at a worst time as being a part of the Magical Girl genre, not even counting the ongoing Pretty Cure series there are effectively 6 magical girl series this season alone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10