• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 20: Still can't buy beer

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Otakon 20 takes place August 9-11 at the Baltimore Convention Center. Long regarded as the Beast of the East (Coast), Otakon has been the American Atlantic's answer to her Pacific cousin Anime Expo since 1994. The convention not only sports an impressive guest list, but quite a few significant titles will have their premier here:

Anime Mirai 2013, including shorts featuring:
* Ryo - Gonzo
* Little Witch Academia - Trigger
* Aruvu Rezuru - Kikai Shikake no Yōsei-tachi - Zexcs
* Death Billiards - Madhouse

The premier of the English language dub for Mamoru Hosoda's Wolf Children with director Mike McFarland on hand at the showing

Finally the world premier of episodes 14-16 of Oreimo 2 a full week before viewers in Japan get to see it. Oreimo author Tsukasa Fushimi, director Hiroyuki Kambe and editor Kazuma Miki will be in attendance as special guests. There will be a talk session immediately following the screening and an autograph session.

Also, I will be on a panel about the state of anime in academia, so please stop by to say hi.
Ride and Room Share

I'm flying up to Baltimore with a friend of mine on Thursday August 8th, but as of now we have nowhere to stay. She has tasked me with finding us some crash space through Sunday August 11th, so if anyone wants to host a couple of 30-something anime fans, please feel free to check out my Couchsurfing profile. I think it speaks for itself on my previous experience both hosting guests and being a guest in others' accommodations over the years. My friend would also be a no-hassle guest who makes personal space and hygiene a top priority. Naturally we would pay whoever has rented out the room the day we arrive.

Everyone else, please share your ride and room offerings and/or needs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1