• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Hiring Approvals Coordinator

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...I wonder if they can increase production of Shonen Jump manga with more people on board.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
Good show, Viz. This is your opportunity to readjust your problems with "quality control"; hopefully, we'll be seeing manga cleaner, cheaper, and more accurate in the prospective future!

Ooh, this is exciting.
Peter Ahlstrom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote
The "Approvals Coordinator" has nothing to do with quality control. He or she is the person who sends the cover and the copyright info page to the Japanese licensor to get it approved, and if they reject it for some reason, he or she forwards it to the correct person in the company so it can get fixed. Like, if there's a misspelling of an author name, or the copyright info has the wrong date, or the Japanese licensor doesn't like where the logo is positioned on the cover, stuff like that.

Well, if you look at the job listing there's a lot more duties, but it still doesn't have to do with quality control, and I'd hardly call it exciting, personally.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote
So how long until the idiots who think "ZOMG I CAN WORK FOR AN ANIME COMPANY WHEEEE LOL1111" and think this job is exciting and fun just because it deals with anime and that this is their chance to somehow become a voice actor start posting? Laughing
Riyousha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
So how long until the idiots who think "ZOMG I CAN WORK FOR AN ANIME COMPANY WHEEEE LOL1111" and think this job is exciting and fun just because it deals with anime and that this is their chance to somehow become a voice actor start posting? Laughing

I wouldn't be voice acting. Although I do a good job at some voice (e.g. Darth Vader, Marge Simpson, Kakashi, Sub-Zero, etc). But you have to star a voice acter by the age of 18 and I'm only 14. But I still do good with some voices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Yoda117

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
God Gundam wrote:

I wouldn't be voice acting. Although I do a good job at some voice (e.g. Darth Vader, Marge Simpson, Kakashi, Sub-Zero, etc). But you have to star a voice acter by the age of 18 and I'm only 14. But I still do good with some voices.

To the first person in the quote, I'd say about 24 hours or so...

To the second, I would love to know where you got that info from.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:
Riyousha wrote:
God Gundam wrote:

Most voice actors for shows are grown ups. But there was this one Japanese kid who did Kenshin's voice (making his voice in Japanese very bad).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Yoda117 wrote:
Riyousha wrote:
God Gundam wrote:

Most voice actors for shows are grown ups. But there was this one Japanese kid who did Kenshin's voice (making his voice in Japanese very bad).

To be an actor you don't need to be 18, you just need to be someone who wants to be hired, and is hired by other people (there are a lot of actors/voice actors that are under 18).
Yoda117

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm going with Steve on this one save for one addendum

you need to have the talent to get hired.

and now that we've gone off topic, let's jump back.

So... I wonder what the health plan for a job like this would be? I can see the legal aspects of it being more stressful on a person compared to many other jobs in the industry.
linlinchan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Peter Ahlstrom wrote:

Well, if you look at the job listing there's a lot more duties, but it still doesn't have to do with quality control, and I'd hardly call it exciting, personally.

Ditto, as someone who's been there. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1