• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Romance Dawn RPG Not Coming to N. America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Why does North America always get the short end of the stick when it comes to One Piece games?

It seems like Europe gets the better deals on Namco Bandai games in general.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Well why not make a kickstarter to bring this game to america?
labmember001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
And the 3ds is region locked, so no way to play it if you have a US 3ds -_-;
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
...the translation is going to be done anyway. They could at least put it on the eShop.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
labmember001 wrote:
And the 3ds is region locked, so no way to play it if you have a US 3ds -_-;

No way to hack it either as of now?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Okay, how well is the franchise doing in our neck of the woods? If it's not doing moderately well, then I can see from a business standpoint why this game won't be released here. If it is doing well, then I'm not understanding the issue here.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
The reason is that Europe has much bigger fan base and also money to release in Europe, namco bandai excepts almost everyone to buy it not including anime fans I mean everyone, it's because the money issue I mean in America who will really buy it most western fans buy dragon ball and naruto why do you think we only get naruto and dragon ball games only in the west. You see it's everyone fault most of people are casual gamers who will play call of duty and online crap games you that's true, Japanese publishers who don't want to waste they money for the west except for tekken, some tales games, soul calibur, naruto, and dragon ball. If your a friend write a comment about to namco bandai on their website and Facebook also twitter ask namco for a release in the west or ask Xseed or nis America to release it heck we got bleach ps3 game from Nis America please fans ask more anime based games
labmember001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
shadowsythe13 wrote:
The reason is that Europe has much bigger fan base and also money to release in Europe, namco bandai excepts almost everyone to buy it not including anime fans I mean everyone, it's because the money issue I mean in America who will really buy it most western fans buy dragon ball and naruto why do you think we only get naruto and dragon ball games only in the west. You see it's everyone fault most of people are casual gamers who will play call of duty and online crap games you that's true, Japanese publishers who don't want to waste they money for the west except for tekken, some tales games, soul calibur, naruto, and dragon ball. If your a friend write a comment about to namco bandai on their website and Facebook also twitter ask namco for a release in the west or ask Xseed or nis America to release it heck we got bleach ps3 game from Nis America please fans ask more anime based games

It will cost them next to nothing though with an English translation already done, especially if they do a download only release like the ps3 games.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
labmember001 wrote:
shadowsythe13 wrote:

It will cost them next to nothing though with an English translation already done, especially if they do a download only release like the ps3 games.

True but it's the fans need to talk namco for that remember how many people wants it
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Quick question: Did Europe have to put up with the 4Kids dub or were they spared it?
Tsukento

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
TheGameNinja wrote:
...the translation is going to be done anyway. They could at least put it on the eShop.

They could, but they won't. Same way how they completely blew off giving us the previous 3DS One Piece games.

It seems like Namdai has a thing against releasing anything anime-related physically in North America. Both One Piece Pirate Warriors games are digital-only exclusively in NA, while Europe got physical copies. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z's console releases are getting physical copies, but if you own a Vita? Enjoy that digital copy. As if memory cards on it weren't expensive as is.

I really appreciate that they pulled the stick out of their rears and are bringing Tales games to the west (with the exceptions of Tales of Vesperia on the PS3 and Tales of Hearts R for the Vita), but come on. They're effectively screwing the One Piece fanbase in NA.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
That sucks, especially in the days of region locking for Nintendo handheld devices. Luckily, I have a Japanese one... But I don't think I'm going to get this game. Maybe the PSP version...
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Quick question: Did Europe have to put up with the 4Kids dub or were they spared it?

Yes.

One Piece does much better in Europe than it does in America. America has a pretty small manga industry compared to Europe in general.
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
Damm you nintendo why you gotta region lock your systems?
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

Yes.

One Piece does much better in Europe than it does in America. America has a pretty small manga industry compared to Europe in general.
Well the misconception is that it is really popular in all of Europe which isn't the case.
It's only because of a few country's here where it is really popular where talking pretty much about France,Italy,Spain and then you got the UK and Germany that's pretty much it.

And the UK even got the 4kids version of One Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2