• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Series that you'd like to see get a "proper" anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeburPT

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see a remake or reimagining of Blade of the Immortal as the manga seems to be approaching its end now, and the anime adaption only covered up to volume 6 - besides, it wasn't that great to begin with: they didn't actually get the original material, it's a lot more toned down and the soundtrack is so unfit for the show that when I watch the action sequences they seem out of synch to me... I'd like to see something highly stylized like Redline, something that really captured its mad energy and Samura's artwork... Also, the pacing was terrible...

Another series I'd like to see (re)done right is Gantz. It suffered greatly from poor pacing also, to the point it became ridiculous: you can actually read a volume of Gantz in 10/15 minutes, as it is so visual and action packed; in the series they managed to extend the first five volumes to thirteen episodes, making the action sequences unbearably slow. The "filler" ending was also quite forced, and this is another manga that will be soon concluding, like Blade of the Immortal, and that has recently even had two popular live-action films coming out: if it were to happen, now is (almost) the right time.

It's sad that it's not that often that we get a second season in anime, and that it's all so dependent on the right conditions on the right time for the adaptation to happen: I enjoyed Claymore and would definitely watch the continuation of the story if they adapted the remaining volumes.
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Fruits Basket- A version that goes all the way to the end of the manga. Also, one that didn't royally mess up spoiler[Akito's true gender].

This. So much this. More than anything, I want to see the Fruits Basket manga adapted fully into anime. And with higher production values this time, please! The first one's animation was so bad it was basically a slideshow. Probably not gonna happen, though--the impression I get is that Fruits Basket is kind of past its heyday.

Also, while I have absolutely no problem with the anime and think it's actually rather perfect, more Baccano!, please!! There are so many more storylines in the light novels that would be perfect for an anime adaptation! spoiler[(Alcatrez, anyone?)]

I want to see a continuation of Mushishi that includes the other stories from the manga. The existing 26 episodes cover some great stories, but there are some later in the manga that I would love to see animated. I think color and motion add so much to that series.

I thought it started strong, but I was disappointed with the ending to Blue Exorcist. I wish we could have another season covering some of the later arcs. :/

And I'll second Black Butler, if only because I want to see the Circus arc animated so badly! The Zombie Titanic arc would be fun to see animated, too. Very Happy
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Konjiki no gash bell: Ok I know full and well its a strech considering it pulled 150 eps and whatever the heck the 'final act' was would be more likely, but the anime simply didn't do the fadou arc justice escpecially with Gash's final clash with spoiler[Zeno] besides if it DID get a reboot, it'd make collecting the series ALOT more easier than trying to import and such.

Beelzebub: I don't give a DAMN about what anyone says, I've seen the manga and the anime did EVERYTHING to it BUT justice. If there is another anime adaption, I'd want someone from sunrise to do it, or someone who's acctually competent at these types of series as its more in line to gintama than a regular shounen series. I'd only want this though when the manga is closer to completion.

Blue exorcist: I didn't like the ending, and thought they wasted a perfectly good chance to just divy up the anime in seasons. the end.

Soul eater: pertty much the same reason as the above minus the season divy. besides the baba yaga castle arc is too damn good to NOT be animated.

now as for manga I would like to get an anime:

Animal land: Made by Gash's creator, I'd LOVE to see this animated I just pray that it goes into the hands of a fairly good studio.

Pokemon special/adventures: Seriously who has read this manga, been a fan of pokemon and NOT thought this? We also know its a long shot from ever happening considering we already have an anime *that I no longer care for much* and the company is trying to focus on games not adaptions, but dammit, some OVAs or something would be nice!

Ratman: I was surprised when I found out there wasn't a anime for this, I thought I saw it in a ad for one of my anime DVDs but when I looked it up there was nothing. Its not phenomenal or anything but I do think alot of the humor could translate really well if animated. *though I wouldn't be surprised if I had to endure a shitty ending as well... it may be better off to wait a while later until someone's smart enough to divy it in seasons or when its about to end.*

Tonari no seki-kun Like the above this REALLY is not anywhere close to a ground breaker, its merely a nine page gag series that I think at the very least would make fell for one of those 2-5 minute short animes.

Soul eater not: I really think its a no brainer that this will get a anime eventually, but its always good to toss it out there.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
timesteel wrote:
I may take a lot of flak for this but im gonna say Akira. I love the movie but I really don't think it does the manga justice.

no flak, i agree 100% even though akira is a great movie its still only a snippet of the manga.

Would love to see a propper OAV series of Battle Angel Alita, a short movie mashing 2 volumes together isnt good enough.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Soul eater not: I really think its a no brainer that this will get a anime eventually, but its always good to toss it out there.

I want a Soul Eater Not anime as well. But hopefully not for awhile. I don't want it to catch up after only a handful of episodes. I feel the same way about Drifters. But then again, with Kouta Hirano writing spend, it'll probably be a decade before there's enough material for an adaptation. Laughing I'd love for there to be more seasons or reboots of Durarara, Baccano, Black Butler and Sankarea as well as an adaptation of Maoh.

But the one I want most (and the most unlikely) is Cirque du Freak. I would die of happiness if a series by my favorite author was adapted into an anime. After the awful movie adaption it had it deserves a truthful adaption, and anime would be the perfect media for it. It had a manga adaption, so it's possible, right?
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see D.Gray-Man continued or redone.

I started watching it recently, got a tiny bit annoyed by the fillers, decided to try the manga instead, and I'm almost up to date now, all within a very short time. It pretty much switched genres by now, turning from a slightly gothic, but all in all not that bad world into a depressingly hopeless, sad and tragic crapsack world filled with nothing but suffering and body horror. Although I didn't finish the anime yet (and don't know how and if the tone will change there as well), I sincerely doubt they will show things likespoiler[nine year olds being tortured by the good guys until their limbs fall off and then forced to kill one another.] The original anime does not seem like the right place to do this, tone-wise, so maybe a reboot would work better. (Also, I do believe the anime ends a lot earlier.)
What I'm trying to say: I'd really like to see this world animated in a more mature (and darker) fashion than the typical shounen action show. I am thinking Claymore territory.
The manga's strongpoints certainly aren't the action scenes, but the world itself and how it is screwing with its characters. But it really would not hurt to see the fights animated in a beautiful manner. If they'd tone down the humor (which, in my opinion at least, is getting more and more inappropriate because of the general change of tone and style), there could be the chance for a pretty grim, action packed, non-shoujo gothic anime I would really enjoy the hell out of. It's a fascinating world this story is set in, and the main characters have undergone some real development by now, it could work it a somewhat different fashion and style - for me at least.
NoirSon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
The manhwa The Breaker and its sequel series The Breaker: New Waves. Sadly, I know that it likely won't get one, primarily because the Japanese audience is more tuned toward shows with a bunch of young females and outside of one supporting role who isn't a teenager, the female cast members don't start getting a lot of screen time until New Waves. It is more of a 90s style gritty action with the focus at first on the two male leads until New Waves kicks off.

Beelzebub, I don't think the last one did the material as well as it could and a lot of the better stories kick off after the point the anime cuts off. Same goes for Soul Eater.

Baccano!, because the story didn't stop and apparently gets crazier from where the anime left off.

Kurogane, a kendo sport manga that just recently wrapped up, I think it would look marvelous in a animated format.

Diamond Cut Diamond: DCD, honestly, I am guessing once it is further along it will get one because it should be too good not to get something once the story moves further along.

Edit: Onepunch Man and Ratman are also mangas I'd think would look good as a anime series.
Ncf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
NoirSon wrote:
The manhwa The Breaker and its sequel series The Breaker: New Waves. Sadly, I know that it likely won't get one, primarily because the Japanese audience is more tuned toward shows with a bunch of young females and outside of one supporting role who isn't a teenager, the female cast members don't start getting a lot of screen time until New Waves. It is more of a 90s style gritty action with the focus at first on the two male leads until New Waves kicks off.

The only reason I don´t see this getting an anime is because it´s Korean not Japanese,that´s it xD
Treetastic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Giant Killing would be my first choice. The anime moved at a snail's pace and ended before resolving anything. They build up the important backstory and then... never get to it. Also Wish, which had credits and nothing else.

And maybe Black Jack? I'm not even sure it's possible to do capture the vibe in a show, since it's so heavily based in the 28-page format. Maybe if it were done as minisodes.

@timesteel: Agreed about Akira. The movie's a classic, but I'd love to see the actual plot play out on screen.[/i]
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I want a reboot of Arata Kangatari. The anime version was terrible. Not only did it looked so outdated animation-wise but they cramped and rushed the storyline that the series felt disjointed.

Fushigi Yugi needs a reboot too! Not that the anime was bad I just want to see how it would look as a current anime. But anyway the anime was great although too much longing and cheesiness from Miaka & Tamahome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LondinCalling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone mention Berserk? The artwork gets to be quite beautiful...Im reminded a lot of One Piece and its consistency as the artists work evolves. Ill admit I dont t hink the characters are entertaining enough or interesting enough to hold a lot of voewers' attention but if someone had what ot took to properly convey the best aspects of this dark medieval world I think it could be well....epic. The new OVA's are fine but if you read on you see the universe is just suprisingly rich.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
Basara. What we got was not very good. The manga is a masterpiece of fiction and deserves so much more attention. But it won't get it because of it's age.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4