• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jobs at Funimation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoda117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Okay... I love you guys, but really.

FUNimation Productions is seeking a highly skilled web designer/developer for an entry level position.

1. College/University degree preferred; 2 to 4 years trade school acceptable. 3+ years experience in design.

Okay, if we're talking 3+ years of experience in addition to a degree (college work does not usually count, only FT professional employment... unless they consider things differently), how would one expect this to be an entry level position?

I know, it's a nit, but it's been one of those days Smile
Anath_19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Graphic Arstis:

Should be Artist. Now if only I had the working experience to go along with the ability to fix small grammar and spelling mistakes...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:

Okay, if we're talking 3+ years of experience in addition to a degree (college work does not usually count, only FT professional employment... unless they consider things differently), how would one expect this to be an entry level position?

I had 6+ years experience in my field when I graduated college, and I was hired as entry-level.

If you get through college and have zero real-world experience in your chosen field, you kinda messed up.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Yoda117 wrote:

I had 6+ years experience in my field when I graduated college, and I was hired as entry-level.

If you get through college and have zero real-world experience in your chosen field, you kinda messed up.

This is true, however usually they mean it to read 3+ years in addition to what experience you had in furtherance of obtaining your degree.

Guess it's an East Coast thing. I never had a job where they thought of the real world experience was anything other than FT employment in addition to whatever you learned to get your degree.

But Zac, I feel your pain baby. I had 10+ years before I got my first few degrees (did the insane thing, went for multiple degrees), and landed an entry level.

Well that is until they actually read the resume and realized that I was a actually a senior level employee... that and the fact that the manager who wanted to hire me pointed out that I had been doing his job at my previous position.

A few days later, some additional Q&A, and problem solved Very Happy
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
i sure hope they find some people for these things casus FUNimation is #1, and should never be in need of people to hire! they should also try and hire an assassin so he can kill Al Kahn and take rights from 4kids of One Piece but whatever. FUNimation rules
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
i sure hope they find some people for these things casus FUNimation is #1, and should never be in need of people to hire! they should also try and hire an assassin so he can kill Al Kahn and take rights from 4kids of One Piece but whatever. FUNimation rules

That was Uncalled for.

But anyways, I'd apply as a Graphic Artist , but they'd probably trash my resume anyways, I guess I don't have the 3+ years of experience needed.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Mozilla wrote:
uncutpokemon wrote:

That was Uncalled for.

But anyways, I'd apply as a Graphic Artist , but they'd probably trash my resume anyways, I guess I don't have the 3+ years of experience needed.

??? If you have the talent, I am sure that the people doing the hiring might wave some of the requirements.

While I am a pretty firm stickler to the rules, I am not beyond bending them when I see obvious talent.

Besides, the worst that could happen is that they don't interview you... that's going to happen if you don't apply, so I don't see much of a downside to applying if you truly think your talent outweighs your experience.

It's a tricky decision to make, but it's still your's
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
they should also try and hire an assassin so he can kill Al Kahn and take rights from 4kids of One Piece but whatever. FUNimation rules

but that's too under the table, no dental plan there.
Becki_Kurosaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to apply for the Graphic Artist position, but I'm from Florida, and the studio's in Texas. Anime cry And I'm still a senior in high school. ^^"

Does anyone here know if they would accept at-home workers? o.o [/potentially dumb question]
Calculusman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Ok, NOW someone at an anime company decides to advertise for a web design position now that I've just found a job a couple months ago.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:

Piss off, would you? 4Kids aren't a great thing but seriously, trying to find a way to bring them up in every thread got annoying like, many days ago, and now it's just pointless.
weirdofu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Becki_Kurosaki wrote:
I'd love to apply for the Graphic Artist position, but I'm from Florida, and the studio's in Texas. ;_; And I'm still a senior in high school. ^^"

Does anyone here know if they would accept at-home workers? o.o [/potentially dumb question]

I think they sort of require a high school diploma or some equivalent, but it's interesting that they only really mention it for the IT positions. I would think as an application developer, basic reading, writing and math skills are required.

Though it probably wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Sometimes the requirements given for most job postings are usually slightly higher than what they want, just so they automatically filter out people with low confidence. But chances are, if they really like you, they'll accomodate.
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote
While I don't have any experience in an ad agency, the Assistant Brand manager job kind of sounds up my alley. I graduated with a Communications degree, with a focus in television and media. So I have had some experience with writing advertisements and the like. Dunno if that would be enough (or anything to what they might want) It sounds like it'd be a busy, busy job though.

I would flat out *love* to work for Funimation though. Who wouldn't? Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
No tranlations jobs open, guess I'm out of luck.
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:
Mozilla wrote:
uncutpokemon wrote:

That was Uncalled for.

??? If you have the talent, I am sure that the people doing the hiring might wave some of the requirements.

While I am a pretty firm stickler to the rules, I am not beyond bending them when I see obvious talent.

Besides, the worst that could happen is that they don't interview you... that's going to happen if you don't apply, so I don't see much of a downside to applying if you truly think your talent outweighs your experience.

It's a tricky decision to make, but it's still your's

Oh lol, no ... I forgot to mention that I lived in Canada Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2