• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaemiko chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
My favorite ED KOTOKO's Unfinished for "Accel World". Love ♥KOKOTO♥ and the video is awesome as the anime : from a normal person to a powerful soldier in Accel World and fight her dream.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UurTx94qN-g

Favorite OP :【アムネシア】OP - Zoetrope which I'm actually watching. I love the song and the character design and it's my ringtone now. The fast rythme and melody bring a surrealist atmosphere. It seems やなぎなぎ's style changed but I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIgb_EDGdUk

Very Happy

Last edited by kaemiko chan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MrDandi97

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
My favorite songs have powerful guitar riffs in them.As for the question
Favorite Opening:Kurokami OP.2/Trance-GRANRODEO
The guitar in this song is amazing and the overall rhythm is fast and upbeat.
Favorite Ending:Death Note ED.2/Zetsubou Billy-Maximum The HORMONE.Same as above.Also the PV is really good.Ties it with the Anime.
DG_Nick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
As far as Openings its hard to pick one, some nomines I have though are:
We Are!(One Piece): This song fits the series so damn well....I love hearing it in almost any possible version and if they had treated this the same as YYH's smile bomb and HxH's Departure I would be perfectly fine with it...they didn't but oh well that's tough shit.

See Visions(To aru Majutsu no Index 2): My favorite song from the Index series, Period. Hell make it the entire To aru franchise. When I first heard it on the episode it played I completely forgot about the last op, paused the ep to listen to it again and scrambled around to find a full version *it now resides in my phone's music player* I don't know what it is but just listening to this song puts me in a "YES!" sort of mood, and its partly techno! but the series seems to do techno music pretty well anyway...

Tank!(Cowboy bebop): Of all the openings with no lyrics, this is my favorite and is a pretty solid reason why I can enjoy Jazz.

Betrayal of the Sunset(Durarara): This Op just sounds so cool, that's really all I can say about it, it just sounds really really cool.

Mystical Adventure(Dragon Ball): This is an earworm. a far out of my era earworm...and I don't care!

I have a few others but we'd be here all day/night.

As for ending theme it's real easy,
I just can't stop listening to them Real Folk Blues!
some runner ups for me would be Butterfly from Durarara, Just Awake and Reason from HxH 2011, Real Force from Railgun and monster without a name from Psycho pass
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
Tank! is a piece of music that I think a lot of us would agree that could be appreciated outside of anime period. I would have to say that technically it has a few lyrics that consist of the tiny bit of narration in the beginning of the piece of music.

As for Mystical Adventure, have you ever heard the English version sung by a Filipino vocalist? I believe it was for a Filipino dub of the show, and it's really quite good.
Bread_Sticks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
Favorite Opening: Duvet, from Serial Experiments Lain. Great song, fits the mood of the show perfectly and fits seamlessly into the opening animation. Also just a really good song for my taste, have it on my ipod. Mellow sound with great vocals.

The original Cased Closed opening has to get an honorable mention. If not mainly for the nostalgic factor, i liked the lyrics as a child and again it fits great with the show itself and the opening animation which to me is what its all about for the intro song.

Don't have quite the selection to choose from as i've just recently gotten back into anime and my memory on old intros is a little fuzzy. Though i can't imagine a better intro the Duvet, for my tastes atleast. I wouldn't mind some recommendations, if you have any. Really not a fan of the "harder" intros for lack of a better word, like the second death note intro i thought was terrible.
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
My step-dad actually ended up loving Duvet from when I was watching my Serial Experiments Lain DVDs. He ended up singing the song while he was working and he more or less got pretty embarrassed when my mom found out what he was listening.

When it comes to "harder" intros though, do you mean the heavier rock music styles used in some? It's a shame because I really loved the second Death Note intro. Just like you like Duvet I keep listening to Chain by Back-on from Air Gear. I'm guessing that you're not too interested in fairly heavy nu metal though.
Bread_Sticks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Haha Laughing well it is a great song

Yea i'm not too much into the heavier anime intros, though i shouldn't say i dislike them all. i did take a listen to that song you mentioned, they sounded to me like a Japanese linkin park - which isn't bad i guess.

Btw, what did you think of Lain? I really liked the way it started out, seemed like it was going to be a great anime. Then wierd things started happening and it got interesting and i thought it was going somewhere. Then it just got too weird and unfocused for my taste, and the ending was strange. i get the whole philosophical message, but for me i think they coulda gone about it a better way [/spoiler]
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
Everyone, including myself, seems to say that Back-on is pretty much the Japanese Linkin Park. It might actually be why that anime intro was so appealing to me. Then again the song really fit with the series as well, since it was about extreme sports taken far over the top to an entirely new limit.

That being said in regards to Lain I loved it but I had to warm up to it before I really started to enjoy it. I initially didn't understand the concept of multiple Lain characters, but once I did a lot of it became clear to me. I think it's also important to remember that at least parts of the show aren't really supposed to be taken all that seriously.

For instance, I'm sure you remember the Tachibana computer works. Tachibana, being a fruit reference, is a joke about the very real Apple Computer Company.

By the way, I think you had a little bit of trouble with the spoiler tag. I'm sorry to bring that up though.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quote
I would love to contribute to the Lain conversation but a customs screw up has... There is a big enough rant about that in the community section ha.

I loved the first and the thirteenth ending of Naruto as I am a huge fan of Akeboshi... Maybe even a little crazed over him. I also love Reborn!'s first opening by Splay as its upbeat. Asian Kung Fu Generation's opening of Naruto is another one of my favourites.

It's not an opening but Supercar's Storywriter is one of my favourite songs and the first ending Himitsu Kichi had to be imported.

Finally both the opening and ending themes of Anohana are up there for me - everytime I hear Secret Base I can't help but well up with emotion Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
I really like the Aku no Hana opening. It was especially good in the series having the different verses sung by different characters. The demented style of the song really suits the series I think, especially considering how slow and lackadaisical the show can be.

@Tsuna - I hate Naruto as a show, but I love Akeboshi's songs for it. I learned the violin solo from Akikaze no Uta a few years ago...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I hate Naruto as a show, but I love Akeboshi's songs for it. I learned the violin solo from Akikaze no Uta a few years ago...

That's amazing! I wish I was that skilled.. And cool Smile. Hey There is my favourite song of all time Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Once again I'm really sorry to hear about all those problems that you had with the custom's office, Tsuna. That had to be a really big pain for you. As for Asian Kung Fu Generation, though, I really like the opening that they did for Bleach as well. I know that there's a lot of dislike for both shows, but I like both Bleach and Naruto so having done songs for both makes them pretty good in my book. I like some of the other Bleach openings as well, like Rolling Star by Yui.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
Cheers Vashna, to be honest life's too short to worry about things like that, I'll leave it and hope it sorts itself out ha.

After Dark by AKFG is amazing as is D-tecnoLife by UVERworld I believe to be the 2nd or 3rd Bleach opening? I would say they get too much hate as I like Naruto but I dislike Bleach. I gave up when they threw in filler half way between the Aizen battle, could not be asked to wait and I could not stand Ichigo and Orihime.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Madoka's ending song. That Gothic pop metal song is the only anime song that identified with my tastes - I like classical heavy metal and it's derivatives, such as speed and power metal - and that song fits very well with my tastes.

I don't have a clear favorite intro song yet.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17