• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sleeping Moon GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
Mystery with a bit of BL is enough to get me curious. Sleeping moon reminds me a little of Blue Morning - which is another series I need to pick up along with False Memories.

I must say SuBLime have being putting out some good series recently with His Favourite, Bond of Dreams and Awkward Silence to name a few.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
katscradle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
I buy everything Kano Miyamoto. The strong point of this is that it goes primarily for horror and mystery. I appreciate plots over sex. As for the romance being tacked on, I sort of felt that way at first too but, then I thought about how socially isolated and tortured Ren seems to be by the family history at well. So it didn't seem such a stretch that he feels closer or tries to make such a connection with his cousin.
The problem with characters suppose to look similar is an interesting comment too, since often the way Ms. Miyamoto's draws a character tends to remind me of some of her other characters. So she's certainly capable I would think.

As a side point I'm sure several people will be glad that SuBLime decided to use Japanese honourifics with this series too as there have been so many complaints on their website.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this book too. As noted it's not exactly hot 'n' heavy with the BL but it's the time-travel/mystery story that has me hooked (blame it on all the time-travel romance K-dramas I've seen this past year Laughing).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:47 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
it's the time-travel/mystery story that has me hooked (blame it on all the time-travel romance K-dramas I've seen this past year Laughing).

That was my favorite part as well - I love Miyamoto's art, but the time travel thing will get me every time. Laughing This is easily my favorite SuBLime release to date, although I did enjoy Punch Up quite a bit. (Kdrama note: Rooftop Prince!!)

katscradle wrote:
I appreciate plots over sex. As for the romance being tacked on, I sort of felt that way at first too but, then I thought about how socially isolated and tortured Ren seems to be by the family history at well. So it didn't seem such a stretch that he feels closer or tries to make such a connection with his cousin.

I definitely value a well plotted story over a smutty one, although there are mangaka who can combine the two well. Not everyone agrees, though, so I thought I had better mention it.

I hadn't thought of Ren in that way - that makes much more sense! I'm still rooting for the other guy, but rereading with your interpretation in mind makes a difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1