• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Movie at NDK

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aresef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:13 am Reply with quote
How many times can a single movie premiere? Especially when it's been screened at cons, hit theaters, and is already on DVD, even?
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote
Well, its the special shiny edition.

And how often do you get to see an anime with the director (Seiji Mizushima)? Razz

NDK isn't a really big con and this is darn good for them. They scored pretty good a couple years back with the creator of Azumanga Daioh as well.

--
Kyaa the Catlord
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

And how often do you get to see an anime with the director (Seiji Mizushima)? Razz

NDK isn't a really big con and this is darn good for them. They scored pretty good a couple years back with the creator of Azumanga Daioh as well.

So the Special Editon of the DVD is gonna be released on a different date than the normal version? I see... I was wondering about that 'cuzz I pre-ordered the special version and I hadn't received it yet enough though I'd learned the DVD had come out. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Anyway, I think it'd be awesome to see the movie ANYWHERE (many times over, of course!), but to be able to see it with the original Japanese director would be BEYOND COOL! Mr. Green It's good that they chose a smaller Con this time; it always seems to be the biggest events that get the best guests, shows, sneak peeks, previews, etc. So this is a nice change. Anime catgrin
BTW, where is the NDK Con?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

The convention runs October 6-8 in Denver.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! I missed the theater showings here, but I have time off work for the con...I'M THRILLED!! <3<3

This totally makes up for missing AX. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

So the Special Editon of the DVD is gonna be released on a different date than the normal version? I see... I was wondering about that 'cuzz I pre-ordered the special version and I hadn't received it yet enough though I'd learned the DVD had come out. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Anyway, I think it'd be awesome to see the movie ANYWHERE (many times over, of course!), but to be able to see it with the original Japanese director would be BEYOND COOL! Mr. Green It's good that they chose a smaller Con this time; it always seems to be the biggest events that get the best guests, shows, sneak peeks, previews, etc. So this is a nice change. Anime catgrin

The special edition comes out November 14th. Razz Your other question was answered above me. Razz
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

The special edition comes out November 14th. Razz Your other question was answered above me. Razz

Dang. *sigh* I really wanted to see it sooner than later. Well, thanks a lot for telling me.
Sir Auron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I want to see it though
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1