Forum - View topic
Neon Alley Show Acquisitions Suggestions Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam6782

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow! With the recent announcement of Blood Lad coming to Neon Alley in 2014, didn't really think you would have taken the person who mentioned Blood Lad's request to heart.

If that's the case I would really like to see Jojo's Bizarre Adventure(2012), Hunter x Hunter 2011, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn! picked up and aired on Neon Alley in the near future. They would be a great fit on the block.
0Seru0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I really think you guys need to get some good sport anime.

you can't run 24/7 channel without having all kinds of shows.

you have a lot of action,drama,and adventure. but not much comedy nor sports.

Giant Killing, Hajime no ippo: New challenger, Eyeshield 21 are all the on top of the sports category.

I Hope you could consider one of these in the future.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
0Seru0 wrote:

Giant Killing, Hajime no ippo: New challenger, Eyeshield 21 are all the on top of the sports category.

Problem is sports anime have a nasty habit of completely eating it in the home video market here in the States. Remember Big Windup? You'll know what I'm talking about. Don't forget Viz has to turn around and try to sell this stuff on DVD when it ends on Neon Alley. I guess they could try Kuroko's Basketball out or Free if Sentai turns its nose up at it if they wan a sport oriented show.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
0Seru0 wrote:

Sentai has Eyeshield 21 and it's both incomplete and not dubbed so you can cross that out.

As for other sports anime, what rootsofjustice said is true (see also why Cross Game has yet to get a dub & DVD release) plus in Ippo's case, the first series did badly here when Geneon had it (remember Fighting Spirit?) so it would be a very big risk for anyone to try that title again.

The only thing to hope for at this point is maybe a deal with Right Stuf to stream ADV's dub of Princess Nine. That would be good enough to get their Lucky Penny set to sell some more copies when it's out.
0Seru0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I know Sports don't get much love on the market.

but thought maybe we would have a shot in getting at least one of these shows.

*sigh*
vashna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
While I don't have a subscription to Neon Alley at the moment, that might actually change in the future. I'm a subscriber to Viz Media's Weekly Shonen Jump digital releases, and I'm really happy with them thus far. Nevertheless, I think that I'm with you 0Seru0. I know that a lot of people say that sports anime and manga haven't been the most popular things around in the United States, but this seems to be like a great place to try them out.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I think that since you guys have the manga for it you should pick up the Bokurano anime. It would add some variety to the channel and show you guys. can do non-shonen stuff
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
I'm under the impression that shonen shows are the primary draw for these types of streams. I can't say that I'm confident that a show like Bokurano would end up here, it would be nice to see them really stretch out. Still, I do like a lot of shonen series and support them through legal streams.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
As far as live-action films are concerned, I think the Rurouni Kenshin movie would make an excellent addition to your line-up. Wink
vashna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
Actually, we were just talking about that Rurouni Kenshin movie in another thread. It probably would make a good choice if they decided to go in that direction, but I'm not sure if Viz Media is looking at licensing and distributing a ton of live action movies at the moment. It might be nice if I could be proven wrong, though.
sam6782

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't think these titles have been mentioned on this thread yet but I would like to see Mushibugyo and Arata: The Legend on Neon Alley in the future. I don't think they have been licensed as of yet(as of this post) but if Viz or someone else licenses one or both of these shows, I definitely think they would make good additions to the block for people who like/never get tired of shonen anime. Plus they are both Shonen Sunday titles Very Happy
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
I also think Rurouni Kenshin movie would be great. Something to look consider. And since Viz is thinking about re releasing Hikaru no Go then I think that would also be a nice addition.
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Hikaru no Go is actually one of my all time favorite anime series, but I guess it never collected any of the popularity that I had hoped it would have. I mean it was relatively popular in North America. In fact, it's the unintentional reason a friend of mine played go with me so much in high school. At the time, I wasn't into manga so I just figured he knew how to play go.

Anyway, if Viz started that up on the service I'd be really happy.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Few new suggestions:

Saint Seiya Omega- It fits the action motif you guys seem to be going for and with the new fighting game coming to PSN this fall it could work as good cross promotion

Gatchaman Crowds- Not really sure if this is licensed already or not but it has some Tiger and Bunny vibes to it and I think the superhero themes would go well with what you guys have picked up so far

Star Blazers 2199- Again not sure what the exact deal is with this one, but last I remember a dub was started on and they were looking for someone to help produce it. I think it would be a good fit for the channel and it's based off of a franchise that's already successful here so I think it would be a smart investment if it's available
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I was under the impression that Gatchaman Crowds was licensed and was being simulcast via Crunchy Roll. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of sending it over to Neon Alley? I would love it, though, if Saint Seiya Omega would get this sort of distribution for sure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7