• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fadeproof

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
My favourites in no particular order:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I actually just watched this entire series yesterday in one sitting. I had heard lots of people raving about it for one reason or another so I finally downloaded it and was not disappointed. It was pretty funny and I loved the tension between Haruhi and Kyon. A very interesting premise for a very interesting story. The animation is also very good, I thought. It was so smooth. Oh, and the bunny costumes. d=

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. I heard about this from a friend of mine a couple months ago and just watched it in 2 days right before The Melancholy. The art is extremely innovative and very cool. My only problem is that it gets a bit distracting once and a while. The story is also great. When you think you have the Count figured out, he does something to put a bunch more questions in your head. Great series, definately a good watch.

Berserk. I love this anime. Guts, Caska, and Griffith are all extremely intriguing characters that draw you in. The action is excellent and the story is brilliant. The ending was a huge disappointment which just left me wanting more. I recently got the manga, only to realize I get bored of manga easily. >.>
I wish they made more episodes...
(I watched this a long time ago, so excuse the lack of depth in my explanation)

Samurai Champloo. Like everyone else said: Hip-hop + Samurai..WHOAMG! But yeah, the characters are very likeable and the series can get quite intense, especially the last few episodes. The action is well done and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Bleach. This is the anime that really got me started on anime. My friend and I had to work on a school project together and we eventually took a break. He told me to go on his computer and watch some anime or something. So I did, and it spawned my obsession for this little piece. I spent a whole long weekend locked in my room watching around 50 episodes to get caught up to its then current state. What drew me in was the interesting story with Soul Society watching over the real world and the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia. The action is pretty damned good too. d=

Cowboy Bebop. Everyone else has pretty much said it all already.

Naruto. This series was pretty similar to Bleach in it's effects on me. I had heard a lot about it. Lots of people were raving about it, so I watched and watched....and watched...It got pretty addicting. Some of the characters can get kind of old, but I like the music and the action. The fillers have their ups and downs...mostly downs...but I hear that they are ending soon..so there's hope!

Full Metal Alchemist. A fun and engaging series with lots of imagination put into it. I really liked the plot and it's twists. The idea of alchemy also intrigued me. Ed kind of bugged me a lot with his over-reacting, but I guess that it was necesary for some kind of comical relief after some pretty heavy duty parts.

Elfen Lied. This has to be the goriest thing I've seen in anime. It can be a little over-the-top, but it really gets its job done. I liked how Nyu/Lucy could be docile as a cat one second and then be blowing peoples heads up another. Lucy was pretty damned intimidating. I wish they'd made more episodes.

Least favourites:

I can't remember the name, but it was about this guy in a monastery type place full of girls and whenever he saw this particular one naked, he'd get these amazing powers...anyhow, it was just plain stupid. The characters were extremely immature and the animation was not up to par either.

Dragon Ball GT. It was boring and just ruined the momentum that DBZ has built up. I was sad to see the franchise that I loved as a kid get ruined by this piece.

That's all I can really think of that I dislike...but yeah, as you can probably tell from reading this, when I find an anime that perks my interest, I do not leave my computer until it either 1)finishes or 2)it gets way too late in the day.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:37 am Reply with quote
Hitsu wrote:
Bleach---------------------------
Cowboy Bebop--------------------

Hyphens aren't reasons.

Hitsu wrote:
The Place Promised In Our Early Days/Voices Of A Distant Star
I was speechless after watching these two.

Why?

Hitsu wrote:
Naruto-----------Need I say more

Dammit, YES! Perhaps it would have been wise to maybe read the forum rules before you posted? Or even better, read a little bit of this thread, so that you would've seen one of the half-dozen unheeded statements I make about this very subject?

People, I'm getting tired of repeating myself on every third post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:11 am Reply with quote
Fadeproof wrote:
I can't remember the name, but it was about this guy in a monastery type place full of girls and whenever he saw this particular one naked, he'd get these amazing powers...anyhow, it was just plain stupid. The characters were extremely immature and the animation was not up to par either.

Sounds like Amaenaideyo!! to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gatexor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
this post was deleted for the sake of sparing me embarassments of the past.

Last edited by gatexor on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Webki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I guess I'll participate, as well. Though I may not be able to come up with a Bottom 5 Anime... but we'll see when we get there.

Top Ten Anime:

1) Twelve Kingdoms - An absolutely amazing tale. I'm an absolute sucker for fantasy, and this anime is the king of the genre. The main character, Youko, undergoes so much character development from the first moment you meet her that she is neigh unrecognizable by the time episode 45 roles along. Not only that, but when I was watching an episode of this, I never thought it would end. When the closing song came on I almost shouted multiple times because I thought that was the end of one of the most spectacular movies I'd ever seen. Then I remembered there were more episodes, so I was ok. However, when I did reach the end, I loved it so much that I ordered all the books from amazon.co.jp. I've currently translated the first three pages... heh. I will eventually be able to read them through well enough though.

2) Full Metal Panic - This one has everything. It is impossible not to like. One comment I always hear from people is: "I really don't like mecha anime, but I have to recommend Full Metal Panic." I love all the characters, as well as the story. It has drama, romance, and comedy - hell, a whole season of it is dedicated to comedy. Not only that, but The Second Raid, the sequel, is just as good, if not better, than the original. How many shows can boast that?

3) *EDIT* The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Well, I guess it was only a certain amount of time before something came along to knock out my guilty pleasure (Fate/Stay Night) with its absolutely incredible quality and story. This is one well made anime. I loved all the characters, and adored the story. Also, the episode arrangement left me in awe of the production crew's genius. Truly a masterpiece. Two thumbs way up for Haruhi-ism.

4) Neon Genesis Evangelion - I don't care how many people bash this series, it will always remain in my top five. This series is absolutely incredible. It takes some characters, and gives you an entire Freudian analysis on each one of them that is cleverly hidden in the form of an entertaining mecha anime. This one actually made me think, as well as completely feel for some of the characters. I especially felt bad for Asuka, as anyone who watched the show would probably know why. If not : spoiler[those scenes with her mother hanging herself. Wow.]

5) Samurai X OVAs - This was a masterpiece in my eyes (as well as many others, I think). The way Trust & Betrayal played out was excellent. After watching the Kenshin series, I never expected anything like this. It was truly a different, darker feel. Furthermore, in two hours I felt like I knew Tomoe as well as I knew Karou.

6) Haibane Renmei - This, along with Number Seven, are my two, short, touching series that I just had to include on my list. Rakka is so innocent in her new world. The rest of the Haibane also manage to touch you in this wonderful series that is only 13 episodes long. And yet, by the end, you felt like you knew them so well.

7) Kino's Journey - Excellent and very well played-out. I loved Kino and Hermes, and in the one episode that Kino would stay in every city he visited, I was able to know the characters there. Not only that, but the ending just shocked me. This is one of those things I don't want to write down, even in a spoiler, because I definitely don't want to ruin that for anyone.

8) Full Metal Alchemist - The bond those brothers shared. The trials and tribulations they went through. How could one not like this series? It has everything in it: some shounen, adventure, fantasy, magic, fighting, slight romance, drama, and an excellent story to boot. It had everything that an anime should have. I can't say how much I enjoyed watching this series. spoiler[ I actually shed a tear when Hughes died.]

9) Cowboy Bebop - Spike made this series. He was such an awesome character. A true badass. Add in the supporting cast of Faye, Ed, and Jet, plus the mysteries of Julia and Vicious, and you have one hell of a story with a BANG! of an ending. See ya, Space Cowboy.

10) Azumanga Daioh - One of the funniest things I've ever seen. There was multiple times in every episode that I nearly wet my pants. Seriously. The comedic timing and some of the jokes just did it for me (Ahh! It's an American!). Osaka was absolutely hilarious. And if you don't think Chiyo is cute, there is something wrong with you.

So now it is time for the bottom five. Let's see if I can come up with five.

Starting from five:

5) Dragon Ball Z/GT - Both of these went on for too long. Episodes were stretched, and everything just kind of bored me. This is not to be confused with the excellent Dragonball.

4) Mahou Sensei Negima Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore this series. I love the manga whole-heartedly. It is one of the best things I've ever read. However, the anime leaves something to be desired. I will probably still collect the DVDs eventually, because I like the box. But it might not be until they become Bargain Bin items, heh.

3) Pokemon - This is the English dub only. The Japanese version happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine, heh.

2) Berserk - Didn't like the anime one bit. The manga took me a hell of a long time to get past the first two horrible volumes, but once I did, I loved it. The anime, however, was just bad the whole way through. I didn't like how it was excecuted, and I didn't like the edits.

1) Naruto - I loath and despise this series. Nothing ever happens! Ever! It is the worst example of a shonen series. I would rather watch Dragon Ball Z and GT straight through twice without break than watch just two episodes of this. I even hate the manga with a passion. I hate all the characters (except Kakashi. I like him a little tiny bit), especially Naruto. What a worthless character. He makes no development at all; the only thing that ever improves about him is his strength. I would rather him be the weakest character in the entire show and have his attitude matured. spoiler[Even after he goes and trains with Jiraya(sp?)] he still doesn't mature! He grows up physically, but never mentally. Furthermore, the stroy goes no where. I know it is shonen, but it goes in circles, with the same thing happening. At least Bleach has depth.

Anyway, that's my list, accompanied with my rant on Naruto.

Last edited by Webki on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
pingieking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
My favorites and least favorites are in no particualr order because I really can't put them in a certain order.

Cowboy Bebop - There has been so much said about this that I can't really add more to it. Love the soundtrack.

Trigun - Not quite as good as Bebop but still amazing. Vash and Wolfwood really make this anime. The storyline was great, and I really enjoyed watching Vash struggle with his morals when he was forced to kill.

Rahxephon - To me this was somewhat similar to Evangelion, but I liked this one more. Good animation, good story (though I found it somewhat confusing), and good character development. I like mecha stuff and I really enjoyed this. The only bad thing I can say about Rahxephon is they had a giant robot kicking butt, but to me it didn't give me the feeling of a giant robot kicking butt (not the same feeling as Gundam Wing). That may also be a good thing however.

Azumanga Daioh - Soooooooo funny! This is the one anime that I will watch again and again and still laugh as much as the first time. Osaka actually reminds me of my aunt. For me Osaka and Kimura were the funniest two.

Hellsing - I picked this up at the perfect time, right after Rahxephon. I just wanted to to see some invincible guy destroy people, and Hellsing gave me exactly that. Alucard is my favorite kind of character. Ruthless, cruel, invincible, but for some reason does good things. The storyline was quite well done too, but I think it should have been a 26 episode series.

Gundam Wing - My favorite gundam. The five pilots each with their own story. A philisophical, political, and personal war for every character. The fights between gundams and the normal suits really had the "I own you noobs" feeling. While the duels between gundams were a lot of fun to watch. Even though this anime was about people seeking peace through pacifism, the pilots were not really too into that idea and that's what I wanted to see.

Full Metal Panic - A nice mix of romance comedy and mecha warfare. The relationship development between Sagara and Kiname (wrong spelling I believe) was fun to watch. The realism of the mecha warfare was great. The lack of commen sense that Sagara possesses is hilarious.

Elfen Lied - I watched this right after Evangelion, and it was a right choice. I was in the mood for people being slaughtered and blood spilling everywhere. The story was good, but what I really liked about this was the blood and killing. The breasts helped too.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Very enjoyable. Al and Ed are what all brothers should be, and their journey was one that many would not have the strength to make. Great story, and a lot of different emotions mixed into it. Great character development for all characters, however Maes Huges, Armstrong, and Mustang are my favorites.

That's all I can put down for favorites so far. Now for my least favorites. These anime are not badly done, but I just didn't enjoy watching them.

Gundam SEED - I hated the main character Kira Yamato. While the rest of the series was ok, Kira's lack of enthusiasm to fight was quite a piss off. I think I'm the type who likes madmen to have the most powerful stuff. spoiler[Strike Freedom looked so good that in the right hands it can probably wipe out the world.]

Gundam SEED Destiny - I like the start, with a crazy good pilot Shinn Azuka who goes on rampages. However the series got worse as the old characters from SEED started interfering because those characters are all for pacifism. spoiler[ I was junmping for joy when Shinn beat Kira, and I almost smashed the TV when it showed Kira survived. The same applied for Kira's best friend whose name eludes me.] I'm all for total war and not much for peace in a mecha anime. I'm not a big fan of the ending either, spoiler[ ZAFT really sucked it up in the last fight. The total invincibility of Strike Freedom and that gold gundam just ruined it. Also sucked how fast Shinn was defeated.]

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Too dark for me. It was depressing to watch this, not to mention confusing near the end. The whining didn't help either. This anime was EXTREMELY well done, definately one of the best ever made. For me it was also one of the most unenjoyable anime I've ever seen. I watched this and got rid of it right away cause I could never bare to watch it ever again.[/spoiler]
RaiKazuto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quote
MY TOP ANIME
Naruto: The storyline is very creative and original, the characters all have their own personality.
Zatch Bell: I really like this. People say it's too much like digimon/pokemon. It really isn't. In fact it's not at all. It's creative. And I just wish people took the time to look at it/watch it. People say he wears a dress, it's suppose to be a cloak/robe.
Case Closed: The storyline for this gets really repetetive. But I like it. Each mystery case of a death/murder/kidnapping is so suspenseful! The author Gosho Aoyama thinks of such great ideas! For how a character in the story did a murder or what really happened! Only problem is that when an episode/chapter (manga) is bad, it's REALLY bad. The episode is either REALLY GOOD or REALLY BAD. Rarely really bad though. Love this manga/anime.
Dragonball Z: This anime franchise that hit America is very interesting and I love it. It's what got me really into anime. Some times it's very exagerrated with the fights though. Like the opponent is "UNSTOPPABLE" but then somehow they win...but still it rocks. I love it. Very action packed. Very suspensful. Very creative. Also it's probably the number 1 most parodied anime! Next to pokemon!
Flame of Recca: This is a pretty unpopular anime, but it is VERY good. The anime comes with it's...own...allure. Kind of like it's own feel and touch. It's original with a great touch of drama and action. The storyline is very well done
MOST UNLIKED ANIMES
Hikaru no Go: In my opnion, this is dull. And poorly thought out. The anime just seems boring and repetetive.
Yu-Gi-Oh: They exagerate so much with this. It's a card game. The cards are paper. I know there is that whole ancient millenium junk going on. But it just got out of hand. The author tried way to hard. The card game is practically 80% chance and 15% strategy. And 5% of the cards you have. They honestly say that you need a lot of strategy when Yes you do. But...some of those cards are just out of hand and so "good" that you can win in like 5 seconds. And in the anime, they drag out the battles...as if like a card game matters that much in their lives. They could always run over to the opponent and just rip up their cards. And the opponent would go "WAHH!! I'm telling my mommy you ripped up my cards!"
Rurouni Kenshin: Honestly, this isn't THAT bad. It's good. It's just so deep and way to in depth. And long. I like things that are simpler...I guess. I was never really into the whole "samurai/swordsman" type of anime.[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fadeproof

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Fadeproof wrote:

That's the one! Holy crap, that was a God-awful series.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Fadeproof wrote:
dormcat wrote:

That's the one! Holy crap, that was a God-awful series.

I haven't watched its anime, but I'd say its manga is at least above average. The idea was novel (author mentioned how nervous he was when he visited temples and was asked by monks which kind of manga he drew) and the story has each girl with a different version of troubled past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
s3r3nity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Top Five Favorite Current Favorite Anime

Note: Some of these I have not finished, because I have to be in the right mood to watch anime, and have no homework at the same time...there's just not alot of time.

Anyway...it'll go from favorite but not best to my most favorite. Does that make sense? >>;

----------

5. Bokura ga Ita. I've only seen about 4 episodes (watching the 5th now actually), but so far it's adorably cute shoujo fluff. A typically high school love story thing, but it just has that warm fuzzy feeling to it. Plus, none of the characters are really "mary-sue-ish" so they're easy to connect to. The theme song is catchy too...

4. Ouran High School Host Club. I've seen a smattering of episodes, and they never fail to make me happy...it's just that kind of anime. Cheerful, fluffy, light...very cute and funny. The characters are beautifully drawn, the story is orginal, the humor is perfect... Not higher on my list because of the fact I haven't seen it all yet, so I can't really judge.

3. Gravitation. <333 Yes, I'm a shonen ai fangirl. So shoot me. X_X Anyway, this isn't just shonen-ai, but music oriented too. About a guy who wants to make it to the top, and nab that hot author. Not just focusing on hotmansex. There's lots of twists and turns, and it's not predictable at all. The music is wonderful too.

2. Loveless. The animation was a big part of why I liked it so much. It's just clean, fresh, sparkly but not too sparkly...very pretty. The mild BL intrested me of course too, but another big reason of my liking for it was just the weirdness of it. How they fought not with weapons or strength, but logic and words. How they were transported to another place while they fought...it was all so shrouded in mystery, and fun to watch.

1. Sailor Moon Stars. I watched the whole series of this, and have been in love for years. That scene where spoiler[Usagi is on her bed, and Luna tells her how much she's matured] has stuck with me for so long. Stars was one of my first experiences with the Japanese Sailormoon, and it was just awesome. The Starlights/Three Lights were great characters, everyone was really maturing, there was humor, there was angst...god, I love it. <3333

Honorable Mention goes to Doki Doki School Hours. Azumanga Daioh + BL - Random cats. Funny, funny, and more funny. Anime smile
and also to
Shinigami no Ballad- for being touching and sad, and addressing the issue of death
Anderson Douwa Ningyo Hime-For being the anime telling of Han Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid, and having a talking dolphin
Lain- Very deep, interesting to think about...and about computers. I also loved her bear PJs. I want a pair...Anime hyper

Top 4 Least Favorite Anime

Eh, I probably despise them all equally, no need for order. Anime hyper
Also, for many, I'll only have seen the first episode, becasue I don't want to waste my time on something I don't like. >>
This list will probably not be very serious. Can't think of too many anime I don't like. ^^;

1.Narutaru- So awkward it made me laugh. I don't know if this should go under my favorite or least favorites...Anime hyper It's like that type of thing where you want to watch it to torture yourself. Well, I put it under Least Favorite because I needed more. ^^;
2. FLCL Again, can't really judge. Saw this late at night, was very tired. It just didn't look as funny as people made it out to be, more of a "OMG IM RANDOM LOLZ" type thing. I like the music though. ^^; heh.
3. D.C. Da Capo (I think that's what it was called). Was...boring. Saw first episode, felt like I missed something. All I got out of it was a guy dreaming about a girl, the girl showing up...and the guy not liking her. Or something? I don't know. Seemed cliche to me. Probably supposed to appeal more to males looking for cute anime girls. @.@
4. This was added on for fun. Dragon Ball No Idea What Series
All I know is that there was muscular guys, a mountain type thing....and then I fell asleep. Anime smile[/spoiler]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rx_will

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote
Hey fellas!!!!

Here is my top 5 fave anime!!! I dont know if you like this anime but for me this would be the best anime I've ever seen.

Top 1-Full metal panic
-This anime contains all the genre of a story, from drama to action, from comedy to etc. i hope you will like this anime also...
top 2- Monster Rancher
- This story is all about monster, well you knoe that i like monster so thats why i like it..
Top 3- Shaman King
- Shamanism is what i want to study and shaman king is a story of different shaman, unlike the common shaman this anime is so interesting regards on its story...
top 4- Fushigi Yugi
- This is the anime that i you would cry in its different scenario this is all about two friends that had been warp in the different world. You will see here what is true friendship in here..

Lastly...
top 5- full metal alchemist
- i cant form a stone into other form but if you see this anime you will amaze that it could be really done. There is also a sentimental part here that you would like to cry.. Huhuhu!!!! Sad

Thats all i would like to share and i hope you would also like my top 5 anime...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BreEze.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote
Yo wassup im just gonna post 1 comment on the anime "One Piece" too late to put down my list maybe some other time.

Just wanted to point out How come no one has put One Piece? as like one of their favorities because personally its my all time and that mofo who said "must i explain this one" about One Piece on pg 40 or something

YES OF CORZ U HAVE TO EXPLAIN how the hell would people know whats it about and whats so bad about it .. gahh its people like you that put an image on things without a valid explaination that makes other people uncertain about "One Piece" and next time when they hear "One Piece" and remember your post they would assume its not worth it

I would really like to know what other people think about it ... I guess you can say its pretty old but its still ongoing, i think its 275+ episodes now and without doubt i will it has the most original story line !! PirateS ! like come on who the hell can make 275+ episodes on pirates and the fact that the story line is almost certain to continue on for many more episodes.

[ the manga is at 427 and currently aiming for 1000, no bs go read the interview thingi ]

I'll admit when i first started watching the first couples of episodes the weird animation genre threw me off a bit but then the COMEDY and character personalities kicked in and as the story builds on you get accustomed to the way things flow .. and "One Piece" started like way out ago so the dodgy first episode animation can;t really be blamed and it has imPROVeD dramtically now.

The music is great as each new arc unfolds with new OP's and honestly overall the storyline/plot is unmatched in my opinion no other animation has been built like One Piece where the possibilities seem endless, the diverse and unique events that occur in each arc separate it from the previous one, a whole new adventure each arc. For the first timers i highly recommend it and even if you are a familiar with anime;s give it a go you won;t regret it Laughing Laughing Laughing
maxima423

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote
well i only got 5 that i like LOL =

1st - LOVE HINA/LOVED HINA AGAIN - loved the story and even though there wasnt much action and fighting , the comic love story got me right away and so forth me watching Love Hina , Love Hina Again and the 2 movies( wishes there was more and more and more Love Hina )

2nd - Eureka 7 - i would say that this is my most favorite but it is tied with first against Love Hina. the reason why is that Holland pisses me off so much and yea thats the only reason. Has the exact same story line with LOVE HINA but this anime had lots of fighting scenes that I've experienced for the first time. MECHAS WITH SURFBOARDS RULE.

3rd - Naruto - now this is a nice anime, even though its dragged on and on, its still very good. I loved all the ninja skills they used very nice action skills.

4th - Bleach - Very nice story and its like Naruto , very dragged out but its still very nice =] i like the sword fighting.

5th - Fate/Stay Night - this anime is one of the underrated animes that no one has seen, but this anime is really good, its based on action/comedy and in the end a little love story. really good anime and very recommended to watch

i really hated these animes !!!!

1st X tv - ITS about to homosexuals

2nd Twelve Kingdoms - to much drama

and thats about it LOL

Last edited by maxima423 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
maxima423 wrote:
1st X tv - ITS about to homosexuals

Beyond one subplot, that's never really confirmed. Also, you're going to need a better reason than sickening homophobia around here, sorry to say.

maxima423 wrote:
2nd Twelve Kingdoms - to much drama

Surely you can do better than that. You love ham-fisted angst factories like Naruto and bigtime dramas like Eureka Seven, yet claim THIS is too heavy? I find that hard to buy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
free2slap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I felt like updating my top list but only 2 anime till now has added to my top stories.

1- Hunter x hunter - it doesn't matter if time changes or not, i think this anime will always deserve its righteous place in my top ten. Besides it's very rare to see an anime coming from the same genre as naruto to have actually a real captivating story and not a repetitive of this and that

2- Berserk - same as hunter x hunter, i've never seen an other genre like this one before which makes it abosuletly unique. It's quite unfortunate actually that the serie had stopped but anwhoo because i'm really enjoying the manga so far.

3 -Ergo proxy - watched up to 21 epsiodes i think. It doesn't matter if this anime has a bad ending or not because i already perceive it as a masterpeice. I'm a high sucker fo Psychological and sci-fi anime and this totally defines those actual words. The characters really connect to the story and everything looks dark as if it was primarily a goth type anime. With this said, nothing in another words would change my perception concerning this anime.

4- Bokura ga ita - I did the unpredictable 2 days ago and decided to watch a shojo anime. WOw was i amazed!? i watched 13 episodes with no rest just in a couple hours. It was really addictive and by far now i really think this anime is way way way way way way and way underrated. I think why i'm prasing this anime so much it's because for the first time, the lead male character wasn't a nerd or precisely an idiot. His emotions are actually straightforward, Everything's going accordingly to a real formal relationship.
i recommend...no no no i command anyone who is reading this post to go watch this anime right now and i assure you there won't be any regrets. Smile

5- Last exile - I watched an AMv called skyline ( by the way kudos for the person who did it ) yesterday and it kind a reminded me why i really loved this anime so much. Not only it has the best animation but also the best story. Despite what everyone says about the ending, i actually think everything fits perfectly. The characters, the soundtracks, the plot , this anime basically has no flaws.

Worst anime i only got one:

Ichigo 100% - I really despise idiots and this guy was automatically one. I'd dream sometimes wishing that i could get three women to fall in love with me....Indeed i know it is just an anime but those specific male characters can really be annoying. Besides the story has no sense at all and basically it was a waste of my time to watch this anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 42 of 122