• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Picks up Gakuen Heaven

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!

The Invasion of the Boylove Cheese has begun. *gigglegrin*

*crosses fingers and hopes Hamu-Hamu Heaven! is still intact* Very Happy

Mmmmm. This voicecast makes me all kinds of melty. I wish they were all in a less tragically silly (and more mainstream) series though. *G*
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Media Blasters...Eww! Their voice actors are horrible.
Kisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
they probably wont even dub it. they didn't with sukisho or loveless.
im so happy YES!!
i hope they start licensing the two ep ova BL anime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
There's an OAV as well? When did that come out?

And yes, I think we can safely assume there won't be any dub on this release, so we can just focus on the deliciousness of the original seiyuu. Yay. Smile
Beni_Hime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Gakuen Heaven, very good! It certainly looks amusing enough.. ^__^ I'm definately going to pick this one up as soon as it comes out. And yes... Thank God! We won't have to worry about a dub, I'm sure! THANK YOU~ media blasters!! This is definately good news!! Can't wait!
Akukaze

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I would just like to point out that both the anime and Higuri You's manga were actually based on a BL game released by Spray back in 2002.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
juno_senei wrote:
Media Blasters...Eww! Their voice actors are horrible.

You should blame the audio-post production studio that Media Blasters contracts out to dub their show and the voice direction, not the actors. Media Blasters has farmed out to three different companies for Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk and Green Green; the extreme former is excellent, the second fine, and the last terrible (or so I've heard).
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
That's good. 100% of the shounen ai/yaoi released in Japan the past few years have been licensed. I guess i don't have to worry about any NOT getting licensed.

I'll be preordering my copies once it's available.
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
There's an OAV as well? When did that come out?

And yes, I think we can safely assume there won't be any dub on this release, so we can just focus on the deliciousness of the original seiyuu. Yay. Smile

Assuming it's gonna be sub only, the Retail price for each of the 3 DVD's should be $19.99 US (Probably $15, most places) a piece, compared to your average $29.99.
Seca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:
That's good. 100% of the shounen ai/yaoi released in Japan the past few years have been licensed. I guess i don't have to worry about any NOT getting licensed.

I wouldn't say 100%, the Miene Liebe series still remains unlicensed and there are a few more titles that fit that genre that haven't been picked up yet.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Media Blasters oughtta actually release the DVDs they license. Where the heck is my GaoGaiGar? =(
domino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Yay, Gakuen Heaven! Great series. I hope they put nice extras on the DVDs. I also hope that the no-dub-on-BL-dvds trend continues. I hate paying an extra $10-ish per disk for a horrible dub track that I don't want.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
this anime teaches people why they shouldn't send thier boys to male only school. Just look at England, they have too many boys only school.
Dee Kaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:58 am Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
I would just like to point out that both the anime and Higuri You's manga were actually based on a BL game released by Spray back in 2002.

Yes, I would like to point this out too. The Gakuen Heaven anime is based loosely on the game series (namely the plotline). You Higuri's manga is based on the game as well, but she actually has more than one Gakuen Heaven based manga. She did one based off of the game plotline and also a set of pairing specific tankoubon. So far, she's released pairing tankoubon for Niwa and Nakajima, who are her two favourite characters if I'm mistaken... She did art for a novel of the Endou ending too, but that's probably irrelevant.

In any case, the anime is not based on Higuri-san's manga. The game itself has characters designed by her, but she didn't actually write the story for the game.

Seca wrote:
AyumiHamasaki wrote:

I wouldn't say 100%, the Miene Liebe series still remains unlicensed and there are a few more titles that fit that genre that haven't been picked up yet.

Yeah, I wouldn't say 100%, either...
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote
Kisa wrote:
they probably wont even dub it. they didn't with sukisho or loveless.
im so happy YES!!
i hope they start licensing the two ep ova BL anime soon.

Why can't they dub it? I'm not spending money on a tv show that's sub only. One disc only releases are the farthest I would go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2