• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxima423

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote
well i only got 5 that i like LOL =

1st - LOVE HINA/LOVED HINA AGAIN - loved the story and even though there wasnt much action and fighting , the comic love story got me right away and so forth me watching Love Hina , Love Hina Again and the 2 movies( wishes there was more and more and more Love Hina )

2nd - Eureka 7 - i would say that this is my most favorite but it is tied with first against Love Hina. the reason why is that Holland pisses me off so much and yea thats the only reason. Has the exact same story line with LOVE HINA but this anime had lots of fighting scenes that I've experienced for the first time. MECHAS WITH SURFBOARDS RULE.

3rd - Naruto - now this is a nice anime, even though its dragged on and on, its still very good. I loved all the ninja skills they used very nice action skills.

4th - Bleach - Very nice story and its like Naruto , very dragged out but its still very nice =] i like the sword fighting.

5th - Fate/Stay Night - this anime is one of the underrated animes that no one has seen, but this anime is really good, its based on action/comedy and in the end a little love story. really good anime and very recommended to watch

i really hated these animes !!!!

1st X tv - ITS about to homosexuals

2nd Twelve Kingdoms - to much drama
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
undeadben

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote
maxima423 wrote:

Instead of reposting your original post, would it not be better to answer Nagisa's questions about these two in particular. I haven't seen either of these in entirety but I have to admit I'm also intrigued to know why you feel this way or to see if you can give better reasons. In case you missed Nagisa's post, here it is:

Nagisa wrote:
maxima423 wrote:

Beyond one subplot, that's never really confirmed. Also, you're going to need a better reason than sickening homophobia around here, sorry to say.

maxima423 wrote:

Surely you can do better than that. You love ham-fisted angst factories like Naruto and bigtime dramas like Eureka Seven, yet claim THIS is too heavy? I find that hard to buy.
Darkling_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm new to this site but have been watching anime for years. I'll watch anything once and then decide if I like it but I tend to favour watching dramas though quite a few of my favourites arent of that genre.

10 Fav from the top
1. Chrno Crusade/Chrono Crusade - Awesome ending great story I've watched it 10 times in 1 year. It just does it for me I can't put my finger on exactlly.

2. Onegai Sensei/Please Teacher - Good plot, Great Characters you can get emotionally attached to, some comedy and ecchi thrown in for good measure (but in small doses) combined with a happy ending whats not to like.

3. One Piece (NOT THE BUTCHERED FUNIMATION VERSION) - Funny, clever (not Luffy), Good plots and Animation style.

4. Shingetsutan Tsukihime/ Lunar Legend Tsukihime - Vampire Romance great story spoiler[Shen Arcreid died at the end it was so WTF no you can't do that, but so appropriate to the series]

5. Full Moon Sashigete/Kanon/DC 1st & 2nd Season/KGNE - All awesome drama that I think everyone should watch, I tried to seperate the but their all as great.

6. Full Metal Alchemist [Including the Movie] - Its FMA enough said.

7. Great Teacher Onizuka - The Faces its the Faces. Plot not always briliant but its made up for by onizuka being such a likable character. spoiler[Not to mention the B**ch with an IQ over 200 being one of the most appropriate antagonists I've seen in any series.]

8. Full Metal Panic Trilogy - Used to be up there in my top three but has dropped but would probably go back if I watched it again. Only series that I can think of that has sucessful inserted a comedy series into the middle of a relativly serious action series. Awesome fights. Everyone must watch.

9. D.N.Angel - Such a chick anime but I has such a good story and I love the last ep. Only problem is all the guys are such S.N.A.G's nobody I have ever met (even chicks) are as emotional as those guys.

10. Lucky Last goes to - Trigun - A modern classic, perfect for introducing people to anime. Light comedy that gradually gives way to a serious story. A bit of light romance on the side and some good fighting scenes. Nothing to scare off the new and enough to entertain the old. Awesome series.

5 least fav from worst IMHO.
1. Cowboy Bebop - OMG snore, I get how people can like (the ending was great but the rest of the series sucked).

2. Bakuretsu Tenshi/Burst Angel -
SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOW, some nice action though not enough to make it worth watching. Oh and a plot would have been nice. I only got through the first half before I stopped watching if a series hasn't started going somewhere by then stuffit.

3. GANTZ - PLOT needed

4. FLCL - to random for me, rekon its probably an awesome group anime though. But personally not my thing.

5. Naruto - OMG don't flame me (I read the manga its the fillers fault) when that ends (if it ends) and the story gets going again will probably go back on my favourites list.

Note: Currently watching NANA which will definately go onto my favourites unless they completely screw it up in the 2nd half.
Kurosaki_Ichigo_1000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
TO DARKLING:
FUNimation didn't butcher or dub One Piece, 4kids did Wink If FUNimation did dub One Piece...it'd probaly be awesome Anime smile
fosterjd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
WOW its starting to get annoying when people just say "Not much else to say. It's just AWESOME!!!" or even worse "I dont know, I just love it. Hard to put my fniger on it."

Seriousley, if you LOVE the show THAT much I think you could muster the energy it takes to mentally articulate even a couple lines of expression, my goodness....

lol ill post mine in a bit
Ragg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:55 pm Reply with quote
fosterjd wrote:
WOW its starting to get annoying when people just say "Not much else to say. It's just AWESOME!!!" or even worse "I don't know, I just love it. Hard to put my fniger on it."

Seriousley, if you LOVE the show THAT much I think you could muster the energy it takes to mentally articulate even a couple lines of expression, my goodness....

lol ill post mine in a bit

This is the smartest thing I've heard today. This is the exact reason why I haven't posted my list, because 1. I know there is anime out there to be bought/seen that would definetly change my list, and 2. I don't want to put down an anime that deserves more than the "Why are you still reading, it's so great you should just go see it."

I personally view this as a very long reccomendation thread, so when people just put down 5 words, you're really not helping that anime out that you supposedly like so much.
Just a thought..
TheConfusedone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Hiya ^^
I'm not exactly the best with words. . but i'll totally take a crack at this and see what happens :D

1) Vandread - I have to say, when i finished this series i was sad :(. As it stands, i really enjoy more action/comedy oriented Anime, plus i'm a sucker for lasers, so what can i say? The whole "Men and women are mortal enemies, 3 men on a ship filled with women" plot line lead itself into quite a large bit of hilarity, and the constant outerspace shootouts were amazing AND filled with lasers!

2) Full Metal Panic - Essentially the same reasoning as Vandread, minus lasers. But in all seriousness, it was a close call... but i sided with Vandread in first because, in the end, i enjoyed Vandread's story just a *little* bit more.

3) Rurouni Kenshin - I found this series extremely exciting up till the end of Legends of Kyoto, where things just seemed to drop off (Granted it was still good, but. . . there just seemed like a lack of . . "driving force" to the series aftwards).

4) Fushigi Yuugi - The charactors were ones you definitly grew on, that's what got me hooked. spoiler[(I don't know about everyone else that watched the series, but when Nuriko was killed. . . well it definitly was a moving moment]. The story i found enjoyable, with it's theme of friendship, family, and love.

5) RahXephon - The story it had was definitly the best. It was crazy, yet deep and engaging. Only problem really was that it didn't have the deepest charactors, and wound up a bit on the confusing side at times.

6) Cowboy Bebop - It's a classic, what else is there to say? It has many memorable charactors, and it's renown ending, and the action sequences were entertaining.

7) GetBackers - My, how to explain this one... Well, for starters Ginji Amano is my favorite Anime charactor. Ginji takes the whole "loveable idiot" to a new level, and. . well. . how can you not like him? :P seriously. The story, action, etc. . . are all great. The biggest gripe i have here is where it leaves off. Argh, there it could have gone much farther ><

8) El Hazard - Easy to explain this one: Teacher with super strength dependant on how sober/dry he is. 'nuff said.

9) Samurai Deeper Kyo - Happy samurai action fun time with interesting story that had some crazy plot twists thrown in spoiler[(I was totally thrown off during the first fight with Nobunaga and Kyroshiro surfaced, and turning out to be far more powerful than Kyo was.)]

10) Elfen Lied - Kept in a state of "what in the!?" the whole time of watching it, with me on the edge of my seat. Too bad the story was never fully fleshed out. . . .

Top 5 Worst Anime

1)Dragon Ball Z/GT - Ok. . .Letsee here. . Overly muscular guys floating in mid-air staring at doing what seems like them preparing to take the biggest dump of their life for approx 2 episodes (with random flashes to people talking about power and that sort), then on the third there is a 10 second battle followed by a travel scene. Yeah. . .

2) Pokemon - It was an annoying case of "wash, rinse, repeat" (Ash goes to X, beats Y on the first try; gets whooped and taught some lesson, goes for another round and wins; Team Rocket interrupts the match and impressed with his pokemon saving skills, gives Ash a badge. That kind of stuff).

3) Inuyasha - Something like Pokemon, only not a kiddie show

4) Yu-Gi-Oh - What do we have here? wash, rinse, repeat! Scept with cards. Definitly a trend.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
In no particular order this is my 10/5!

1. Sailor moon - this was my first and if i get out of otakudom ill choose it to be my last. I guess i have memories attached to it because i can see flaws but its worht watching. serena/usagi's antics are always a happy maker. plus magical girls are my main genre.

2.evangelion - I cant explain how or why. my bro made me watch it and then i was hooked. it was the plot and it was focused on the characters mentality rather than mech mech mech all the time. yes...the ending is wtf but the series is classic.

3. Eureka 7 -a romance story with action mecha on surfboards thats shown uncut on tv. the others in gekkostate are interesting in their moments in the spotlight. again its focuses on the renton/eureka combo rather then mech mech mech. and its plot line and stories capture me.

4. Genshiken - a show of otaku for otaku by otaku and watched by otaku. how geek is that. i like the slice of life style it has and who wouldnt want to watch there own group of friends on tv. plus i love the whole saki whos completely different than the rest making an interest and comedic contrast and making the fun. without her it would probably be boring. also ohno with the bouncy boobs and cosplay love!

5. Princess tutu - its like a storybook within an anime. its original in the magical girl genre and doesnt have much fighting. just dancing. and i love to dance. plus muto is hot!

6. Gantz - shooting aleins and death and blood and guts and weirdness. its original and never heard of. i fell for the action and oddity.

7. Fullmetal alchemist - alchemy and brotherly love make a great mix. its drama itnt the main part all the time because it has muh comedy and action to make a perfect balance. plus it was pretty original and they done a great job on the animation.

8- urusei yatsura - my first rumiko veiwing. im addicted to lum. she's cute and we act similar. plus its very funny. super funny. in its time it was unique till its started the cliCHe cute cool girl fall into losers lap anime. but its the queen of that cliCHe and the first probably.

9. elfen lied - f***ed up. very much so. open ending not good. but it manged to scrap up even attention i had. good scences of blood and action

10. azumanga dioah - funny high school girls. its the seinfied of anime because its about nothing. and it works. the characters are bright and shine in different points. you get to know them and realized you know someone like that. im the tomo. its comedy and look through me in.

NOW WITH THE HATED!

1 POKEMON I HATE POKECRAP! anyway its repetitive. team rocket stays blasting off and ash learn a lession blah blah it crap.

2 which comes to my next point DBZ/GT more repetitive crap. oh a aliean came to earth lets power up to fight him to supa sayian 1948023784928508043580923th! hey lets make a 5 minute fight 8 episodes!

screw that!

3. bo bo....scrrew it. i hate bo bo bo its sucks too random to crappy and nose hair! nose hair! i wasted 10 minute of my life watching that. just like i spent 40 minutes of my life watching number 4

4 EIKEN CLUB AKA BIG BOOBS FANSERVICE SLUTS R US!

i hated it. its had nothing but fanservice. no real cool story cept a guy wanting a shy chick. screw that i would ove gone for any of the big boob chicks. oh so dumb! not worth buying or renting.

5.Big o - its too dry for my tastes. too serious i guess. i just couldnt get into it. but i hate it the least thus im not ranting like the others.

THEEND!
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Alright then, its hard to choose my fav's but just to give a heads up.

Favorites:

1.Jojo's Bizarre Adventure- ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!! Man, when Jojo busted out Star Platinum, you know things were going to be good. I'm more partial to the second half (the episodes that were animated first) because the fights kept you glued to the tube and guessing at every turn. Plus, Jotaro is just awesome; you just can't say no to him.

2.Gundam Wing- Don't call me a winger please, I've seen many of the other series. In fact, this is what got me into the whole franchise. Besides that, I loved the designs of the mobile suits and the whole war thing(although Gundam was better at using war as a medium of story-telling imo).

3.Higurashi no naku koro ni- Hehe, I think thats how you spell it. This series is something else. Who killed who? Who was the person that killed the person who killed that one dude? Ok, maybe I exagerated a little, but seriously. The whole timing of things was impecible....And then there was Ooishi(if we got him a Jake,we could call the series,'Jake and the Fat Man'.); 'nuff said.

4.Neon Genesis Evangelion- This series made me think of anime in a whole new light. The awesome berserker and psycological scenes , the struggling environment in which each of the main characters lived in was, to put it simply, staggering.

5.Fate/Stay Night- Not enough Lancer time... Yada,yada,yada character growth etc.(This list is killing me, sorry). Anyway, I really loved the lengendary episode 14( I am the bone of my sword..) and how Saber and Shirou grew together as a team and until the final moment at the end. Reminds me of Tsukihime's ending.

6.Gun Grave- I sorta have this thing for guys busting in and beating the crap outta the other people; in this case, awesome gunslinging. What sets this apart from Tri-Gun was the in-depth relationship Brandon and Harry had; starting on the bottom and rising up in the organization together.

What I hate:

1. Inuyasha- Congratulations for being the most repetitive series EVER!! We only needed 30 eps.( jewel breaks, fix it, kill the evil dude, happy ending ensues). One guy even quit because it wasn't ending soon enough, I think.

2. Eureka 7- The kid opens up with a line like,' My life sucks, ho-hum.' You know he was going to pilot a giant robot, right? And THATS where I stopped watching.

Well, thats where I'll end my list for now, the ever-changing list. And my fingers hurt a little too, lol.
deepon05

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:09 am Reply with quote
Okay so heres a countdown of my fav animes (and 5 sucky ass ones)

Starting at number 10...

Tenjo Tenge- I really wish they would catch the anime up to the manga instead of leaving it at a crucial point. At least give it a decent conclusion for us anime watchers, its exspenive for poor college kids to buy a bunch of manga.

At number 9...

Ronin Warriors- yeah thats right, ol' skool on ya bitches. This was the first anime series (before i knew it was called anime) I have ever watched. Back then it was a better alternative to Power Rangers and shit. power of the armor bitches!

Coming in at number 8...

Trinity Blood- this anime needs more props than others. I can't believe my friends haven't watched it yet. This is a really good series. I even recommend the dubs as well. The only problem is that the ending is another cliffhanger. Why do they do this to me?

Reporting at number 7...

Air Gear- a fairly new series that has potential to be even better. The things you can do with roller blades in this show.

Rounding out the first half of the list at number 6...

Fate/Stay night- just loved this series. ended on a perfect note with all questions fulfilled. the chars are really well developed and great storyline. NOT intended for people with narrow minds and short attention spans. This show is for a more complex crowd.

So summarizing the first half, we have...

10. Tenjo Tenge
9. Ronin Warriors
8. Trinity Blood
7. Air Gear
6. Fate/Stay Night

watch for my other post for the second half of my list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
deepon05

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:12 am Reply with quote
Okay back from my little break, I would like to continue with my countdown. I just needed to gather up my thoughts. And as to why im doing this, because i felt creative and bored and thought this might be cool to do. So without further ado, heres my top five.

At number five we have...

School Rumble- this was a series i had to get 3 episodes into before I fell in love with this show. Akira is my fav with Yakumo in a close second in this show. I mean just when you thought you had Akira figured out to be a serious chick, she goes off and pulls something random on you that makes you crack up. Hope the third season keeps the ball rolling. If that last comment spoiled it for you then shame on you for not keeping up with it.

At number four we have...

Naruto- what top ten list wouldn't have this show? This show is so [expletive] addictive. Just don't watch the dub if you're a newb. All the chars are cool in their own way (Haku was one of my favs, too bad he/she died). With the wacky combination of seriousness and comedy (ep. 101 is my fav hands down) this show will be remembered as one the greatest of all time.

Coming down the home stretch at number three, we have...

Bleach- This show is [expletive] great. Ichigo is a bad man. I mean, his sword is HUGE. Instead of starting out as a regular kitana like normal soul slayers, his could cleave a t-rex's head off. Rukia is 1a of my all time anime chicks, i swear. Just because her boobs aren't huge like cliche' anime chicks, she is drawn to real proporations like a real Japanese chick is. Thats whats so cool about her because you can actually find a girl like that instead of fantaizing the whole time. The action is awesome and story is great as well.

We're down to the final two, coming in at number two is...

Gundam Wing- Yeah thats right I said it. The best mecha series out there. All the other Gundams can kiss my ass. Wing will always be the best Gundam there is. I haven't seen Eureka 7 yet but no mecha anime will ever replace Wing in my heart. DeathScythe Hell not only had a cool name but was just so freakin badass. Would fuckin scare the shit out of the enemy and im a fan of close-range combat. It takes guts to get up close to someone and kill them than it would far away. These Gundams were the best designs as well. Hands down best G-series ever made.

And then, there was one. We've finally made it to this muthafuckin grand finale. I threw a curveball to alot of people not expecting GW to be on a top ten list. This list was hard and could've had other well derserving series in here. Im sorry that alot of you won't agree with what I have up here but these are MY opinions. I know that flaming is inevitable but I don't really care. Well heres number 1...

DragonBall series- yes thats right, all three of them in fact. This was a series I grew up watching and was fasinated with from the beginning. When I was younger, the drawn out fights didn't matter to me. I was not very critical of anything at the time so it made no difference that 5 min. fights were 8 episodes long. I loved the Chars the most. Too me, as long as the chars. are well developed and have purpose, the rest will be fine. So what if the chars like Goku and Vegeta were beefy and uber-powerful. The show as a whole was fun for me and still is to this day. You have to remember this too. When DB Z/GT came out, the style used for anime was totally different than that of today. Many anime derive from DB Z/GT as well. The uber powerfulness is found evident in Bleach and the will to overcome all obsticules is found in Naruto. A main char. can never be defeated is found in One Piece as well. This is an old anime whos style is out-dated. This show is my number one because of the attraction of the playfulness of Goku and being able to watch him grow up from a cute, tough-nosed kid, to the greatest fighter in the known universe. He seriously is the strongest anime char in anime.

You can debate and flame me all you want but ill stick to my convictions. As for changing my top ten, I might when I think back to all the anime I have seen. Yu Yu Hakusho and Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo are missing and I might drop and add others later but I am satisfyed with this list for now. I will post a honorable mention list and my 5 hated anime later. Its now time to take a break and let the flaming begin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Duo Maxwell wrote:

2. Eureka 7- The kid opens up with a line like,' My life sucks, ho-hum.' You know he was going to pilot a giant robot, right? And THATS where I stopped watching.

Okay... so you don't like whiney pre-pubescent mecha pilots right? I'm afraid Shinji of NG:E wins the title of "Whiniest (is that a word? Anime smile + sweatdrop ) Mecha Pilot ever"... yes even beating Shin of Gundam Seed Destiny.

Give Eureka 7 another chance. If you still don't warm up to Renton (the "whiney" kid mecha pilot) by the 10th episode then I admit defeat Laughing
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Kidder wrote:
Duo Maxwell wrote:

Okay... so you don't like whiney pre-pubescent mecha pilots right? I'm afraid Shinji of NG:E wins the title of "Whiniest (is that a word? Anime smile + sweatdrop ) Mecha Pilot ever"... yes even beating Shin of Gundam Seed Destiny.

Give Eureka 7 another chance. If you still don't warm up to Renton (the "whiney" kid mecha pilot) by the 10th episode then I admit defeat Laughing

I kinda laughed at myself when I realized the coincidence of the main protaganists of each show; unfortunately, I'm a little shallow like that. Ahh, what the heck, I'll probably give it another try Smile .
Ragg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Duo Maxwell wrote:

I kinda laughed at myself when I realized the coincidence of the main protaganists of each show; unfortunately, I'm a little shallow like that. Ahh, what the heck, I'll probably give it another try Smile .

please do as this IS an AMAZING anime in my opinion. The depression feeling after running out of episodes to watch is present currently Crying or Very sad . However, this is a really good anime, yes Renton in the beginning is a bit annoying, and when Renton curses it is very odd, however when Renton spoiler[joins up with Gekko State] this anime really improves. However, when Rentonspoiler[ and Eureka go to the True Promise Land, I thought it kind of died, due to the fact there wasn't really any development.] Also, the ending was a bit spoiler[ cliffhangerish], so I'm looking forward to a movie/ova.

Anyway, give the anime another try, because it really does shape up. There are a few comedic scenes, but not a lot. It's not all mech, explosions, and guns, but when there is it usually does it well.

As mentioned before, it is mainly about Eureka and Renton. I don't know why, but this is seriously an anime to watch.
dxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
[If you'll read earlier posts, you'll know that what you posted for least favorites is NOT acceptable. Therefore, your entire post is deleted, and this snappy comment put in its place. --Nagi]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 43 of 122