• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best shoujo anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akari_Rocks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:49 am Reply with quote
What do you think is the best shoujo anime?
I like Ayashi no ceres.

also are there any animes that have a plot like.....the girl is lower class or something and a popular guy falls in love with her? I really want to watch an anime like that for some reason lol
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote
I think your opening post should have way more content and have more explanation about why you actually like Ayashi no Ceres, but I wanted to mention Boys Over Flowers anyway, since it's EXACTLY the kind of title you're asking for. Not only that, but it's exceptionally well written and features possibly the smartest and most sensible female lead ever.

(I'd even go so far as to say that, yes, I think I just might consider it the best shoujo anime ever made, right behind Kare Kano.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote
I don't know what I would pick, honestly, though it certainly would not be Ayashi no Ceres since I dislike the anime quite a bit (the manga on the otherhand is awesome, though my least favourite Watase title that I've read).

Fushigi Yuugi is a personal favourite of mine, but I'm not going to argue that it's the "best" because I'm sure it's not. I also enjoy the adaptations of the Ai Yazawa manga that I've read/seen, Paradise Kiss and NANA, though in the former's case it doesn't quite match the quality of the manga. Another good shoujo title, though it is admittedly a bit more action-filled than most, is X-TV, which I just utterly adore and probably is the best shoujo anime that I've personally seen.

So there's some options. Whether or not they are the best, I really don't know since there's so much I haven't seen. And I don't think it's really answerable anyway, since it's a very subjective thing.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote
Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

Read this thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1