• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime Trailers Online [2006-10-02]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_mkXrmJuco <------- 1 minute and 14 Seconds - Extended Death Note Trailer
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
The Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto trailer is no longer available >.<
scortia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else also rather underwhelmed by the new series this season? I already planned to watch Death Note and D. Gray-man and of course they do look good... but aside from those I saw maybe 1-2 anime that looked even remotely enjoyable. X_x

Must be wishful thinking to have another Gankutsuou or Noein popping up this season... Gonzo's Red Garden trailer just didn't look nearly as good...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The new Kanon remake and Death Note are in my radar! Cool

I'll also check the new Negima series since the style reminds me of MoonPhase, and probably Code Geass to see what Goro Taniguchi has in store for us. And throw in Ghost Hunt for the heck of it. I guess you can say I'm pretty overwhelmed. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Someone_II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Death Note and a new Matsumoto series. What a great season Very Happy
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Screw Kanon, not interested in the least. Give me Super Robot Taisen OG TV Series.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
And by the way, isn't Venus Versus Virus a shoujo-ai series?
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
OMG! The Death Note anime premieres tomorrow! SWEET! Well, it's not that great. I'll have to wait for it to be uhh.... fansubs like everyone else. Either way, it looks sweet as hell. Even if I can't play them on my standard DVD player or understand a majority of the things said, I'm gonna' buy the R2 DVDs. I know it sounds stupid, but I love Death Note that much. I do wonder which groups will be doing it. However, I won't mention any more of that any where on these forums. Laughing
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
And by the way, isn't Venus Versus Virus a shoujo-ai series?

I don't know, but the trailer has an image or two that could imply it. It would be nice if it is a shoujo-ai series. Regardless, I'm keeping an eye out for that one.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
All right! Four new Jump series! That's great news to me. Buso Renkin looks pretty good. I'm hoping the rest of the show looks as good as the clips from the first episode do.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
scortia wrote:
Is anyone else also rather underwhelmed by the new series this season? I already planned to watch Death Note and D. Gray-man and of course they do look good... but aside from those I saw maybe 1-2 anime that looked even remotely enjoyable. X_x

Must be wishful thinking to have another Gankutsuou or Noein popping up this season... Gonzo's Red Garden trailer just didn't look nearly as good...

then maybe you need to diversify, cause there's a lot of good stuff coming out: Black Lagoon - Second Barrage, Ayakashi-Ayashi, Pumpkin Scissors... looking like a great season to me.

Last edited by v1cious on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to Code Geass because:

1. It's from the director of Planetes and Infinite Ryvius

2. The pictures of the ads have an all-your-base-are-belong-to-us feel to them. In my opinion, anything with this much effort put into it HAS to be good:
http://geass.at.webry.info/200610/article_1.html
http://geass.at.webry.info/200610/article_2.html

I'm also looking forward to Death Note and maybe Buso Renkin. Death Note because the manga is awesome, and Buso Renkin just because it seeems a lot like Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist thrown together.
scortia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

then maybe you need to diversify, cause there's a lot of good stuff coming out: Black Lagoon - Second Barrage, Ayakashi-Ayashi, Pumpkin, Scissors... looking like a great season to me.

I have a pretty diverse range really... dunno, it's just been a while since I've been as visually and mentally stimulated as I had been by Gankutsuou and Noein. Very few shoujo or mecha series have really stood out to me in the last few years either...or maybe I'm just tiring of the genres in general. Just sort have been sticking with the tried-and-true Shounen Jump fare when there's nothing more intreguing at the moment.

Don't mind me, I'm an old demanding fart. Razz
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote
That wasn't really a trailer for Galaxy Ange-lune, rather, just a "next episode" preview from the first episode of the show... hardly a trailer as it last only about 5 seconds... Anyway, I seem to be the only Galaxy Angel fan who has taken a liking to the show, as most of the other fans are already calling it "terrible" because the old cast is gone, there's a new director, and the whole feel of the show is rather different...

Other than that (which I'll obviously be watching), I'll probably watch Red Garden solely because Ryoko Shintani does a voice in it. It looks a lot different from anything else she has worked on before (which is good to me), so it's second in line behind GAII. I may watch at least one episode of Gift ~eternal rainbow~ since she also does (a rather cute) character from the show. Looks very generic though, but I don't have a plot summary, so I won't pass judgement yet.

I'm not sure if I'll be watching Death Note, it honestly doesn't look like my kind of series. But with all the praise the manga's gotten, I'll probably watch at least one episode.

And I'll definately be watching the new Kanon. From the trailer, it already looks like it will be 100 times better than the first (which I neither loved nor hated).

Now this makes a nice list for me to remember what series I'll be watching this season.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote
Ryvius213 wrote:
I'm looking forward to Code Geass because:

1. It's from the director of Planetes and Infinite Ryvius

2. The pictures of the ads have an all-your-base-are-belong-to-us feel to them. In my opinion, anything with this much effort put into it HAS to be good:
http://geass.at.webry.info/200610/article_1.html
http://geass.at.webry.info/200610/article_2.html

3. It's Sunrise.

The advertisements shown are rather interesting, by the way.

I'm hoping to be taken by surprised with a series or two this season considering that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni were definitely pleasant surprises, minus the moé aspects of both shows. I'll be watching Death Note, if only for the fact that it's Madhouse, and also in the hopes that the abysmal second half is either redone or cut altogether. Maybe even D.Gray-man since the manga is something of a guilty pleasure of mine in the shounen department.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3