• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime music that you consider nostalgic.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FullmetalHeart1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The Pokemon dub theme song and Melissa from FMA.It's funny how I first heard Melissa from an online game called Final Fantasy Sonic but I forgot which one, that was like 7 or 6 years ago.
Lost_Shy_One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
My Most Precious Treasure from Angel Beats gives me the nostalgia of sadness... [I cry almost every time I listen to it...]
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote
Please forgive me for posting a reply to something that came across here a while ago. I've been out for quite some time, so I really don't mean to go about necroposting or anything like that.

I did, however, want to say thank you to Beltane70 for answering my query a while back in regards to Lance's Rockers and it's relation to Macross 7. No one has been able to even really definitively say no to me before, and while I would like to continue go on believing that the series was inspired by an obscure roleplaying module I should probably admit it to myself that it was not. I am, admittedly, a Robotech roleplaying game player, which is where the wish came from.
HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Every time I hear "Just Communication" from Gundam Wing, I feel a STRONG sense of nostalgia.

Strangely more than other songs for some reason.

Late quote is stupidly late, but I just wanted to comment on how much I can relate to you. Although it's not particularly strange to me why I find "Just Communication" a nostalgic song for myself. Gundam Wing was the anime that drove me into my anime obsession, and I met my absolute best friend through a love of it during my first day at a new school I had transferred to. The two of us would blast this song on my CD player at all god awful hours of the night during our weeaboo drawing sessions way back in the day and completely rock out to it, singing at the top of our whiny teenage lungs. Hard to believe it was more than ten years ago now... but man, as much as I hated the kind of person I was back then every time I hear that Gundam Wing opening I smile and release a whistful sigh of blissful nostalgia. The good ol' days...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:13 am Reply with quote
For me obviously the Pokemon dub reminds me of curling up on the sofa in front of the TV when I was a child.

Otherwise Gurren Laggan's first opening Sorairo Days reminds me of my excitement when I first discovering anime as GL was the series that I would say pulled me into anime.

Naruto's fourth opening Go! reminds me of my second holiday to Florida when I was 15, this was just after I started to dabble in anime and I remember I was finding it to hot and humid to stay outside for long so I stayed in and watched the whole of the Chunin Exams. Laughing

(Finally as I have to get back to work) AnoHana's opening in ending themes bring back the emotions that I felt watch the series. I shed a tear every time ether one pops up on my IPod. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
For better or worse, the Pokemon intro theme's English reversioning now makes me think of that video on YouTube where they set things up so that Barrack Obama would sing over the lyrics. Have you seen any of those? The fact that they did a Pokemon one was hilarious.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Every time I watch that video it makes me chuckle.

The best we have is Gordon Brown (our ex prime minister) singing Old Macdonald Had A Farm. But it wasn't a mash up, he was actually singing... No wonder out economy when to pot Rolling Eyes but I would take him over who we have in now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I actually remember when PM Brown sang that. It would be nicer if they had him singing the Pokemon theme I must admit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3