• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunsmith Cats: Misty's Run (manga) (370)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkincubo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I think this manga is part of the Gunsmith Cats manga series:

manga#2916

I have read the whole manga and you can see that the volume 9 is entitled "Misty's Run"

So it should be better to erase the 370 manga entry.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Ref: manga#370

I have no idea what to make of it to be honest; e.g. I can't tell where the title and vintage are coming from - they don't exist in any editable form.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
The current state of #370 is a "relic" after incomplete/unsuccessful attempts of merging it into #2916. The redundant title will no longer be a searchable keyword, but the page is still accessible via changing the number of ?id= in the URL or Google search.

However, the merging can encounter some conflicts when an user has both titles in his/her MyAnime/MyManga list. The title cannot be completely removed or merged as long as just one user having the redundant title in MyAnime/MyManga.

Entry #370 was created back in Feb 2002, when logging on ANN server lacked details, and manga licensing Stateside was rather murky (flipping, coloring, adding unnecessary sub-titles, volume dividing, you name it). I wouldn't be surprised if someone misidentified the "volume 9: Misty's Run" as a "sequel" to the manga, which was compiled in just 8 volumes of tankōbun or "komikku" in Japan. With opinions from another thread I'd say it's a good time sorting out the confusion created by this mess.

@Shiroi Hane: Visit the anime admin page and you'll see #370 is one of six such "relics;" the other five include three hoaxes, one duplicate, and a Chinese animation that only mentioned briefly in the news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1