• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Synch-Point Blog Tackles FLCL Ultimate Edition Booklet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nermal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote
I predict that I will not read all of the booklet, but I will look at all the pretty pictures.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Nermal wrote:
I predict that I will not read all of the booklet, but I will look at all the pretty pictures.

I predict that what lots of folks will do....and I also predict that I am going to wait sometime before I buy this boxset, I am so broke from everything else.....damn you rightstuf.
Nermal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote
I hear ya...for the past couple of months, half of my paycheck has been going to rightstuf. I'm thinking about having it directly deposited there.
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Nermal wrote:
I hear ya...for the past couple of months, half of my paycheck has been going to rightstuf. I'm thinking about having it directly deposited there.

AAAAaaa-men!
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Some of the English voice actors & staff participated in the Japanese FLCL DVD Box set booklet. They gave comments about FLCL, since the Japanese release included the English dub track too. So some of their text will be included in the FLCL Ultimate Edition booklet. Kari (Haruko), Barbara (Naota), Jennifer (Mamimi), Joe (Kamon) and Marc (ADR director) participated.

That caught my interest right there. Wonder how often it is that the Japanese DVD release also comes with the English dubbed version as well?

But, uh, yeah, I can't wait for November 21st to get here.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Wonder how often it is that the Japanese DVD release also comes with the English dubbed version as well?

Some Ghibli films do, Big O, FLCL and IGPX, aswell as one or two other shows, but it's generally pretty rare.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I know the special editions of the MGS series in Japan use the english voice track instead of the Japanese one...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
I know the special editions of the MGS series in Japan use the english voice track instead of the Japanese one...

Also International version of Final Fantasy and Final mix version of Kingdom hearts/II are in English. Devil May Cry is also English, aswell as the first Onimusha (bilingual text and voices).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1