• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sci-Fi Naval Anime Arpeggio of Blue Steel's 5th Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
In before CGI complaints.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Personally I think the CGI looks fine. But then again I thought the CGI in Tiger and Bunny and Code Geass: Akito the Exiled looked fine too, and their apparently supposed to have the most hideous CGI ever, so what do I know.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I can barely even tell this is CG, so I have no complaints. It looks great to me!

I'm looking forward to this show quite a lot!
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

CGI complaint. It looks terrible. I've never seen an instance of CG mixed with drawn animation where the CG wasn't bad.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

CGI complaint. It looks terrible. I've never seen an instance of CG mixed with drawn animation where the CG wasn't bad.

Come on both Majestic Prince and Code Geass: Akito the Exiled had great CGI mecha mixed with drawn animation.I dont know if you have seen though.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Arpeggio is all CGI though, no drawn animation. The characters are also CG. The cel shaded rendering looks great, but I think you'll see hints of CG when the characters move, which we haven't seen much of at all. And I have seen hints of it in other places as well. Still, I think it certainly advances CG production
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Saw an episode of Majestic Prince and the CG was awful

I don't like the Geass Akito CG either. It's probably the least obtrusive I've ever seen, but least obtrusive isn't unobtrusive.

It's not just that I don't think it has ever been executed well; I think it can't be good, even in theory.

And Yeah I especially don't like the CG models for the characters either. I guess I should have said that I don't like CG that imitates drawn animation either.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
Another cool trailer for this. Can't wait for this show to start.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
The CGI looks impressive but at the same it looks time crappy. There been mix good and bad cell-shading shows in the past, but I not sure about this.

I'm more worried about this version the story will be a bad mashup of the manga. There a unexplored prequel how they got the I-401 that accrued years before. However, it looks like this going speed up events and kill a lot things possibly. The manga's story hasn't advanced so far in big story their telling, so either its going end early or make up its own story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1