• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Divergence Eve is getting a sequel?!?! I think this is the beginning of the end of the world Crying or Very sad How can something so bad keep going?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:14 pm Reply with quote
O_O Kingdom Hearts; Chain of Memories?
New KH series? Aswell as KH GBA? Wow..
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Satoshi Kon tv show about a killer. sounds like it could be really really good.
Ryuko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually really really excited about seeing that FF7 OAV...

And I SO can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2. (fangirlish smile)
Delthayre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
Divergence Eve is getting a sequel?!?! I think this is the beginning of the end of the world How can something so bad keep going?

I initially misread the subheading and thought Satoshi Kon was directing the Divergence Eve sequel. Which I wouldn't categorize so much as a sequel as a I would a follow-up surgery.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Delthayre wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
Divergence Eve is getting a sequel?!?! I think this is the beginning of the end of the world How can something so bad keep going?

I initially misread the subheading and thought Satoshi Kon was directing the Divergence Eve sequel. Which I wouldn't categorize so much as a sequel as a I would a follow-up surgery.

As long as it's breast reduction surgery Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:17 am Reply with quote
Kyo wrote:
O_O Kingdom Hearts; Chain of Memories?
New KH series? Aswell as KH GBA? Wow..

SORA! GOOFY! DONALD! RIKU! SORA! GOOFY! DONALD! RIKU!...

*ends her fangirl rant* >.> I'm anticipating the KH game more then the FF7 movie. >.> I never liked FF7. Gonna be nice to see cool cgi movies of the characters, but the FF7 story never appealed to me. *thinks it's the most overated of the games* Where are movies and remakes of games 1-6? >.>

*hopes the KH animated series won't be horrible, so keeps her fingers crosses*
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:37 am Reply with quote
Kingdom Hearts animated series???

I know the sequal is coming out, as well as the GBA "chain of memories (form the screenies it looks basically like Final Mix for GBA), and there's talk of some sort of aniamtion in the progress, but I don't think a series has been announced.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:53 am Reply with quote
I never liked FF7. Gonna be nice to see cool cgi movies of the characters, but the FF7 story never appealed to me. *thinks it's the most overated of the games* Where are movies and remakes of games 1-6? >.> [/quote]

Thats odd, I actually liked ff7's story better than 8,9, and 10.
ff6 is good is also a good one.
Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:39 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kingdom Hearts animated series???

I know the sequal is coming out, as well as the GBA "chain of memories (form the screenies it looks basically like Final Mix for GBA), and there's talk of some sort of aniamtion in the progress, but I don't think a series has been announced.

Well, some anime-related KH thing has been announced in a previous news update. I am not sure wether it is going to be an OVA or a movie or a tv series, though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Kyo wrote:
Well, some anime-related KH thing has been announced in a previous news update. I am not sure wether it is going to be an OVA or a movie or a tv series, though.

Right, they weren't really specific on exactly what they were animating, just that Disney was animating it. There was a lot of speculation though. Here is the original news post.

Since Disney closed it's Japanese studio there's probably a better chance of it being animated over here.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:38 am Reply with quote
true, as i doubt Disney would sublicense an outside Japanese company to do it
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Hey, more info on the new Kingdom Hearts game.

Here's a somewhat startling excerpt fromt he link above:

"On an interesting side note, the team reported, that the president of Buena Vista Games asked them to create up to 20 Kingdom Hearts installments."

Now that's what you call ambitious! I wonder how many games they'll actually come out with, perhaps a lot of GBA minigames? I wonder if this includes the toon?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Now that's what you call ambitious! I wonder how many games they'll actually come out with, perhaps a lot of GBA minigames? I wonder if this includes the toon?

Over ambitious is what I call it. Sure the first one was great and it got to the top for being great, but who was carrying the title to the top, Square(Enix) or Disney. It might just be me, but it looks like when people heard the who was helping making it, they heard Square first, followed by Disney. Now is Square going to stick with them though the 20 or is Disney Interactive going to take over, and the of course, the bigger question, will the next 20 be just as outstanding as the first? It will be truely wait and see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kolianich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I think ff7 is the best of the FF series. itll be cool to see a movie bout it. though in the pics, cloud looks a bit wierd
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2