• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourrealdad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Numero Uno: Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Akira-Sorry but all three are a bundle they were the first three I ever watched and therefor hold sentimental value, plus being a de-sensitized American the violence was great. Without them I would be watching Looney Tunes(still good stuff)

2. Fullmetal Alchemist(not including the Conqueror Of Shambala)Every thing about this was done well. Character development, Amount of episodes, fight scenes, drama vs. comedy etc.

3.Hakkenden-I love my ninja anime and this was the first seriesI watched and purchased(twice)

4.Vampire Hunter D & Bloodlust- I am no expert and correct me if I am wrong but Blade, Hellsing, Trinity blood and others that I am sure exist but I haven't seen owe it all to D. It is two hard to pick between the two.

5.Cowboy Bebop-So cool, So sauve, So hungry and great music to boot.

6. Samurai X OVAs/ Rorouni Kenshin (first two sagas, Tales of The Meiji sucked)-I said it before, I love My ninja anime. Is it wrong to say the OVAs were better? Better animation, violence and the story behind the story. The manslayer messing peaople up with the reverse blade. It made me almost buy a reverse blade sword on ebay.

7.Trigun-I don't know why but it just worked for me. It was like a snowball effect started small and just got better as it went along.

8. Getbackers/GTO-because they both start with G, thats legit right?

9.Anything by Miyazaki- I don't really have to go in depth on this one do I? He is the Truffaut/Kurosawa/Fritz Lang/Coppola/Tarentino/etc. meaning he is the Shnip shnap shnitty shnitty bang bang.

10.Naruto(up to where he stopped fighting Ochimaru, the fifth is born, after that the fillers just kill me) Thats right haters even though I have put up with enough fillers to make four full anime series on its own the first 130 odd episodes were so sweet that they keep it holding on my top ten list. Just wait until the story line gets back you all will be back on the band wagon. Besides how hard is it to scope an episode for two minutes and if it sucks skip it.

BTW: I know its not anime but the Trippelets of Bellville should be allowed on here. Great movie and with out any dialogue really.

Worst:
Berserk: you end a great anime like that again and i will hunt you down and force you to watch pokemon.

Mermaid forrest: everything about it was bad couldn't even finish it. maybe someday.

Fushigi yugi I don't even know if I spelled it right but that shows how much I cared about an anime that could have been better i.e. Inuyasha,Escaflowne

Crying Freeman: I bought the set without seeing it and the only reason why I keep it is because some Wu-tang quates come from it. haven't even opened the third dvd.

Tenjho Tenge: see beserk

We all know that this list is impossible and after you post you want to change something or you forget something so blah blah blah. I almost forgot about grave of the fireflies-damn well near made me cry - an anime making me cry thats how good it was, just like FFVII
gatexor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
The worst thing about the new series is that YUGI ISNT EVEN IN IT. How can you have Yugi-Oh with out Yugi That makes no sense. I hate it.

Ehm, if you only knew that yu-gi-oh actually means king of cards.........
bardok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
gatexor wrote:

Ehm, if you only knew that yu-gi-oh actually means king of cards.........

A very close friend of mine is japanese, he claims it means 'Playing king' ... i suggested maybe it was king of games and such but apparently not. Unless maybe its not supposed to be a literal translation?

There are so many anime series that could go on my top list, and not many that would go in a worst 5 list. I like any anime, the only thing i find painful is watching a masterpiece of an anime, then watch the abortion that is it in english after being edited by 4kids.

My worst list, i stress, is a list of anime that people raved about and i found relatively dull and/or didn't live up to my expectations. It is not anime that i didn't enjoy.

Top 5:

1. Dragonball/Z
Yeah, yeah make fun all you want!
Here i'm talking about Dragonball and Dragonball Z, as Z was basically a continuation of the series. GT is nothing to do with these first two, it is definately not in my top 5.
Dragonball Z was the first anime i ever saw, and that is pretty much always one of your favorites. I admit, it has many flaws but i enjoy it nonetheless. I love the sheer scale, the power of characters, and i love how well Akira Toriyama can transform a seemingly unstoppable foe into a puppy dog when faced with someone of even more gargantuan strength.
Also i admire how Toriyama-san ties up loose ends from many, many eposides, even sagas ago. There are too many reasons i am fond of this series, i can't explain/dont understand them all.

2.Bleach
Rarely do i come across an anime that has the right stuff.
Bleach is a masterpiece, taking so many things i love about anime and putting them into one incredable experience.
The character development is sublime. You really identify with them, enjoy watching them grow, and enjoy them kicking the crap out of a bad guy!
The storyline is state of the art. Never have i had such a 'must see the next episode' feeling. Every episode is as enjoyable, if not more so than the last. There are MAJOR plot twists that keep you enthralled and interested throughout the series. I'm not counting the fillers at the end, i dont see them as part of the anime.
The fights are incredible, each one brilliantly coreographed, keeping you tense and excited all the time. You never feel like a fight is similar to one you have seen before.
The art and animation is brilliant, keeping a high standard throughout the series.
A prerequesite for an anime to be in my top 5 is the ability to make me laugh hard and loud. Bleach does this in abundance.
I could go on for a while here.

3.One Piece
It was very close between this and Bleach for the number 2 spot. Please, wade through the first few episodes before you judge this.
At first glance, you might think One Piece is a slightly shallow, thrown together series. If you are one of the knaves thought this, you couldn't be more wrong.
It's just... fantastic. In every way. Almost every anime has some flaws in my eyes. Bleach does; the fillers at ep 60 onwards. Finding a flaw, something, however small, that bugs me in One piece is a very difficult task indeed.
The characters make me laugh, alot. The characters kick ass, alot. The storyling is incredible, alot! Everything is right. Enough said.

4.Love Hina
Being the second anime i witnessed, being a bit of a loser with no girlfriend at the time (letting me identify with the main character), being the first anime to make me laugh at ecchi, being the first time i enjoyed a romance story, and finding Naru really hot are the reasons this is in my top 5.

5.Fullmetal Alchemist
You've all seen it..just oh my god!
Surely i don't need to mention any reasons for this.
Edit - FMA is one of the best storylines i know of. The art and animation are brilliant, the characters are all quirky and interesting, and there is just a touch of humor with the 'chibi' insults. Top notch.

Worst 5:

1.Dragonball GT
Simply for blemishing the good name of Dragonball with its awful storyline, plotholes, and having situations which are just completely un-Dragonball like. This is the anime i wish never existed the most.

Now it gets hard. I dont dislike the following, just was disillusioned by them.

2.Azumanga Daioh
This just.. bored me. They keep doing something silly and repeating it really slowly for about 20 seconds. It's just not very clever humor. There is no plot, no storyline, no character development.. no fights!
And im my opinion, very sparse on humor too.

3.Akira
That which is widely considered the father of anime really shouldn't let me lose interest halfway through.

4.Ghost In The Shell
Same goes for this. Maybe it's the lack of humor?

5.Negima
I didn't mind this, rather it was fairly entertaining. I just expected so much more from the maker of love hina it let me down a bit. That and the premise of a 10 year old magical boy getting off with teenagers.

With Akira and GITS, i admit they are fantastic creations worthy of everyone's attention, they are just not my cup of tea. On the other hand, this may be because i haven't seen all of them, and perhaps would feel differently about both if i had done so.

Last edited by bardok on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
gatexor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote
This post was deleted for the sake of sparing me embarassment from the past.

Last edited by gatexor on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark_Plague

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Lets see.. Top 5'd be easier:

1.) Neon Genesis Evangelion:

What can I say about this series? The characters within it are some of the most developed of any. The thought that it can bring on to non-morons is awe inspiring. Rei is Teh Own. Anime hyper

2.) Hellsing (OVAs)

Wow.. Just wow. I was hoping they'd do the manga justice by creating these some day. Arts better, storyline's being followed (From which we manga readers know is one of the funnest ever created), and theres Alucard. How can you not like Alucard?

3.) Hellsing (TV)

Not as much fun as the OVAs, but I love the music and the jazzy animation a lot too.

4.) Cowboy Bebop

Does anything even need to be said?

5.) Rurouni Kenshin

I'm a sucker for swords, and it's a fun show.. What can I say?

LEAST FAVORITE

1.) Naruto

What the hell do people see in this show? It's like DBZ for middle schoolers...

2.) One Piece

...The only thing this series has ever contributed was that funny dance clip from AMV Hell 3. Laughing

3.) Dragonball GT

Kind of ruined any kind of fun I had from Dragonball and DBZ.. Which is why neither are in my Top 5. Good job, morons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote
Dark_Plague wrote:
Does anything even need to be said?

Actually, yes. It's required by Teh Rules that you try to be as detailed as possible in all of your posts.

Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

And welcome.
Dark_Plague

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
Blah, rules are meant to be searched for loopholes.

But if I must put something in; "Wonderful plot, great characters, and some of the best music in an animation, ever."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bardok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Gatexor, you're totally right about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Naruto..

I really really like Naruto but the fillers went overboard after a whole season of them.

KGNE was just not what i expected from animenfo's number one. The art is superb and the story was interesting, but something was missing.

Like you said about the drama... and Chrono Crusade never interested me enough to watch beyond ep 2.

Maybe, as a fan of Harem and Ecchi genres, KGNE lacked the humor i enjoy.

It was too 'real'. I think anime should be more exaggerated. If i want realism, i might aswell just watch soaps on TV.

Sorry, Tony K. I kind of did the same as Dark_Plague with my reasonings for Fullmetal Alchemist, i'll edit my post.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
gatexor wrote:
My 5 worst:

Chrno Crusade

The ending sucked. Japanese people probably liked it, but i hated it. Moreover, the series was one big drama, whiny whine whine all the time. (And it was fairly depressing as well)

Gilgamesh

The exact same reasons as above

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

The exact same reasons as above
Okay, you don't like depressing angst-filled drama anime, that's fine (although Evangelion certainly fits that description), but why assume that Japanese people, specifically, liked Chrono Crusade's ending? Plenty of people over here and in these forums liked the ending, so why imply that Japanese people are so weird/different? Greg Ayres, who voiced Crono in the English dub, will probably speak highly of CC and its ending if you ask him about it at a con.

But no shame in having "common" anime that other people have in their top 10 on your list--I've got Cowboy Bebop and FMA in mine, after all.
Sakura-Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 am Reply with quote
TOP TEN FAVORITES (Links provided if you click on the series titles.)

1) Planetes: Wonderful, wonderful anime, and it will always hold a place in my heart. Action, tons of comedy, drama, romance- everything you can ask for in an anime. Don't let the "space aged" genre scare you away. This one is a masterpiece.

2) Hikaru no Go: (E-bay is amazing. My sis got all 23 volumes of Hikaru no Go for $3.00. But that's besides the point!) I actually prefer the manga to the anime on this one, but it's still the same go-frenzied goodness. Interesting concepts, awesome character development, and an original plotline to boot.

3) Fullmetal Alchemist: I remember the first episode I watched was actually episode 5 (Dash! Automail!) and instantly was sucked in. Every episode had me asking for more! Definitely one of the best shounen of all time.

4) R.O.D. -the TV-: Don't let the all-female lead fool you. These girls fight off terrorists, corporate conspiracies, and scientific mayhem - with paper, no less. Reading books and fighting crime has never been so entertaining. And I'm a dedicated Yomiko Readman fan. Very Happy

5) Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem: When Toonami launched this baby in the US, I wonder where my life had been at that point. Daft Punk + anime = pure bliss.

6) Gundam Wing: Call me old-school, but I believe this one is a cult-favorite/classic. Everyone has their favorite Gundam pilot. The greatest part is that the characters' stories and development balance out nicely with the mecha battles. Great stuff.

7) Samurai Champloo: May I just say that Shinichiro Watanabe is a GENIUS. Heck, he storyboarded most of my favorite anime! I'm glad I watched this anime to the very end. The animation was amazing and the characters made me laugh out loud. Also, I loved the all of the references.

8) Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water: Now I'm old-school. Anime hyper I became a fan of Nadia not too long ago, despite it coming out awhile ago. The story was engaging and each episode left me with a warm-hearted feeling inside.

9) Tales of Phantasia (OAV): A vividly fantasy-based anime, based off one of my favorite games. Also, if you played Tales of Symphonia, an OAV is coming out for that soon, so be on the lookout.

10) Ninja Cadets (Ninja Mono): Ah, the infamous 2-episode anime. I remember watching this as a kid, and I loved it. Too bad they wasn't anymore, otherwise this would have been higher up there in my ranks. It ends in an ugly cliffhanger, and it still irritates me to this day not knowing what happened.

Those, plus Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon (it was the one that started it all for me!) and anything by Miyazaki. My favorite of his works is Kiki's Delivery Service.
gatexor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
This post was deleted for the sake of sparing me embarassments of the past.

Last edited by gatexor on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
gatexor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
This post was deleted for the sake of sparing me embarassments of the past.

Last edited by gatexor on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm my top ten...

1. Honey and Clover - I really don't know where to start. Honey and Clover made me change my perspective on anime. My brother, who has watched far more anime than I have, reccomended this one to me, because it was his favorite. I used to always wonder "What good is an anime without fighting? How can you even make a story for it?" Honey and Clover took me to a new world. The characters are perfect, and the plot, although it's hard to find a definite one, is how a true slice of life should be. Whether you are cracking up over Morita's idiocies or crying to the overall drama of the anime, Honey and Clover is a one of a kind anime that anyone can enjoy.

2. BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad - I finished this anime earlier today, and I don't think I'll be over it anytime soon. Three things really got me in this anime - the romance, the English voices (LOL), and the music. The music in this anime is amazing, matching even The Pillows from FLCL. To think I was laughing when Chiba-kun started that song with "Typhoon 24...24/7." I think I'm going to be crying whenever I listen to the OST. BECK was a really motivational anime, basically sending the message "You can do anything if you try and work hard." I even want to start with the guitar now. I can't compare BECK and H&C because they are way to different. I better start cracking on the manga.

3. Fullmetal Alchemist - Like many people said before, I was instantly sucked in, although the flashbacks in the first couple of episodes got to be really annoying. In this anime, character development is key; each of the characters is completely different than they were in the start of the anime. For example, Mustang goes from a cocky little bastard to a strong leader. FMA was also the first and the last time I will ever shead a tear watching an anime(episode 25 Anime cry) .For those who haven't watched the movie, beware!, it ruins the quality of the anime, but it does leave a little happier ending.

4. School Rumble - There's too much to say about this anime. Uhhh...ummm.... Well lets start off with this is the funniest anime I have seen. Harima is an idiot (in a good way). Heh, he's one with nature and whatnot. Tenma can go die (my least favorite character of all time). Eri, and Yakumo take spots on my top 10 female character lists. Basically, many of the characters are halarious and stupid, yet can be serious at other times (except Tenma, who's always an idiot, in a bad way). The first 7 episodes were hard to watch; it was horrible. Then started the romance and actual plot, and the humor went from lame to fame (if that made sense). The last three episodes including the ending were horrible as well, and the second season started amazing, yet went in a spiral heading one direction - down. But I gotta admit, it was funnier than the first and there were some halarious parodies of other anime. Not for everyone I guess, but I really loved it.

5. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - Based off one of my favorite novels, so I loved it to begin with. Gankutsuou is pure romance, with a lot of supernatural stuff going on. This anime probably holds the record for the amount of plot twist, and although the two have the same name, the novel and anime are two sides to a coin; very different yet so alike. Watch the anime first. Reading the novel will ruin many of the twists.

6. Princess Mononoke - It's amazing how long a movie only a couple of hours can feel. Like FMA, Mononoke-hime is all about character development. By the end of the anime, it feels like you've known each and every one of the characters since you were born. The plot was fantastic, although can be seen as a bit cliched. I don't know how to explain how I felt when I watched this, so watch it and see for yourself.

7. Martian Successor Nadesico - My first anime that was not hugely long and overrated, so I'm a bit biased. This anime had a whole bunch of mixed emotions in it - happy, sad, confused etc. Guy Daigoji is one of my favorite characters of all time spoiler[ and it was pretty sad when he died]. It was really funny watching all the parodies and whatnot. And I'll never get tired of screaming "JOOEEEEE!!!" Hooray for Gekigangar!

8.. Ouran High School Host Club - The funniest anime ever...that didn't lack on romance (School Rumble was a bit shaky on the romance). The little notes that popped up on the screen were so funny like - "Tamaki Inner-Mind Theatre" and "High Powered Engine." From episode 18 to the end, this anime just kept on exceeding my expectations. The ending was finominal, probably one of the best, only seconding ones like BECK and H&C.

9.. Samurai Champloo - Samurai and Hip-Hop...what more can I ask for? I loved Kenshin (I've only seen some of it so it won't be on here), which is an amazing samurai anime IMO, and I love hip-hop. Put them together and...WOAH! I never expected Samurai Shampoo...Champloo to be this amazing. Very similar to Cowboy Bebop, each are about people trying to find someone spoiler[and that someone dies in the end (Julia/Sunflower Samurai).] The action is kick-ass; I love it when Jin and Mugen just start swinging swords, punches, and kicks at each other. The comedy was also superb, like the episode where in the end everyone gets high off of Purple Haze. Amazing alltogether, but the ending left me a bit empty.

Last but DEFINETLY not least-----

10. Genshiken
- No matter how many times my top 10 changes, Genshiken will always be number 10. It did something for me that no other anime did; it gave me something to relate to. Hey we're otakus; we're geeks, nerds, whatever you want to call us. In our minds, we don't care what other people think, we just live life how we want to and don't care what happens. Genshiken was halarious, actually thinking back, as funny as School Rumble. School Rumble had a different sense of funny, it was stupid. This was just straight out halarious, nothing idiotic. Wait...IT WAS ALL IDIOTIC. WOW, I will never forget this anime! (ending was sooooooooooo good).

Sorry but I don't have any least favorite anime. No matter what I rated them, I enjoyed them all, even though many could have been better.
Ragg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote
BlooDrAgOn wrote:
Tenma, who's always an idiot, in a bad way

Aww come on, Tenma is an idiot, but not in a bad way =\. Harima i would view as misunderstood vs an Idiot. I mean how could you not love Tenma's "Bangggg." (Non sexual...)

Quote:
But I gotta admit, it was funnier than the first and there were some halarious parodies of other anime.

Yeah, most definitely. I found I liked Ni Gakki, just due to the fact that they incorporated more of the characters. Lala and Ichijo especially.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Here's my current top 10 fave anime (which has actually changed quite a bit due to the number of series I've seen this year);

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion (series & movies) - with a name like EVA fiend, it can hardly be anything else really. Yes, it maybe over-rated; yes, I have seen many series that are better, & yes, both ADV & Gainax have flogged the franchise to death, but for re-juvenating my passion for anime not once, but twice (first time was back in 1996 after watching a dodgy raw of episode 1 on VCD, the second was earlier this year when I saw the Platinum Edition), it will be my favourite anime series for many years to come. Anime smile

2. Shoujo Kakumei Utena (series & movie) - A twisted fairy tale where gender conventions are turned upside down on their heads. I picked up this series quite by accident; I bought the VHS boxset back in 1997 because it was going cheap, so I was initially utterly horrified by the pink girliness of the box art. I was completely drawn in by the first 13 episodes, only to discover that the series didn't finish there - this is the first anime series where I ended up importing the Japanese DVD's to find out how the series was gonna end. I adore this series, the cutsey animation belies the deep psychological tale of gender role-reversals & what it means to be a 'prince'.

3. Gunbuster - Gainax's seminal piece of work, an epic space opera, all neatly wrapped up in a 6 episode OAV. It's hard to describe why I like this anime so much, as on the surface, so much of it is cliche, but the thing that stands out to me the most is the way the story unfolds, starting off in a high school for mecha pilots, culminating in a space battle to end all space battles. Simply awesome.

4. R.O.D OAV & R.O.D The TV - this is a zany, zany show, utterly ridiculous, very funny, with a great cast of characters & a very absurd plot. I love the paper battles in this series, to be able to manipulate paper is an awesome power to have. And any anime that has us Brits as protagonists automatically gets the thumbs up from me.

5. Haibane Renmei - I knew nowt about the series when I first saw this, but I was very pleasantly surprised; in some ways, I felt that if Studio Ghibli had ever released a TV series, then this would have been it (though it is darker than most of Ghibli's output). There is no violence, no over-the-top comedy or battles, in fact there is very little 'action' in it what so ever, but the character development & intriguing storyline shines through. Definately one of the better character & plot driven anime series I've seen, a great series IMO.

6. Bubblegum Crisis 2032-33 - the original BGC series, one that stands head & shoulders above the stretched out & convoluted mess that is BGC 2040. The animation may look very dated by today's standards, but the way the story weaves itself together is one of the high points of the series. The rock score may sound cheesy these days, but I find it far more engaging than a lot of OST's to be found in modern anime. This also stands out as being this first(?) anime in the UK to come out subtitled instead of dubbed.

7. Record of Lodoss War OAV - the classic D&D anime, complete with a roster of heroes & villains, dragons & wizards. It may not have been Ryo Mizuno's true vision of his Lodoss Wars scenario, but the story-telling is far less tortured than the Chronicles of the Heroic Knight TV series.

8. Saikano (TV series & OAV) - I haven't watched an anime that has moved me as much as this series has in a loooong time. I knew from all the write ups that I had read online that this was gonna be a sad & emotional series, I didn't realise how sad until the tears fell from my eyes about half way through, & they didn't stop till the credits for the final episode rolled. It maybe called She, the Ultimate Weapon in Japanese, but I feel it's subtitle The Last Love Song on this Little Planet is far more fitting.
I love this series, the animation is beautiful, the storytelling is breathtaking, & you can't help feeling for all the characters in this show. A hearbreaking series.

9. Only Yesterday - my favourite of all of Studio Ghibli's output, about one woman's decision as she comes to a crossroad in life. Beautiful animation, coupled with realistic characters & a storyline that many can empathise with makes this a classic 'slice of life/coming of age' anime for me.

10. Fight!! Iczer-1 - this was my favourite anime series for a very long time, so much so that I wrote an article about it in a UK anime magazine many, many years ago. I still have a soft spot for this horror/mecha series, which is why it's still in my top 10 after all these years.

Notable also rans include The Twelve Kingdoms (this just misses my top 10 because it doesn't finish properly), Rahxephon (many people seem to think that this is a rip off of Evangelion; I don't think so, as it's unique in it's own way), Tenchi-Muyu Ryo-Ohki OAV (the only harem series I actually enjoy, & the only Tenchi series worth watching IMO), Vision of Escaflowne (I actually skipped work to finish this series the first time I saw it), GitS:SAC & 2nd Gig (a Shirow inspired series that's actually worth watching), Macross Plus (an excellent series, where the love triangle between the three main principles is very well played out to Yoko Kanno's fantastic score), Kino's Journey (a fascinating philosophical series that made me want more episodes when it finished), & Strawberry Panic! (a shoujo-ai/yuri soap opera, very cliche & cheesy but I was utterly charmed by it).

As for anime that I dislike, can't say that I have any really, as I'll watch any anime at least once, but I do tend to avoid harem shows, & series that go on & on & on ad nauseum with no end in sight, e.g., Innuyasha, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, DBZ, etc., as I need my anime to actually finish. Anime smile + sweatdrop

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong, there is one particular anime that I dislike, & that's Trigun - the reason I dislike this series is because of the ending, spoiler[I hated it. After all the pain & misery that Knives had caused, he deserved to die. And if he didn't die, then Vash's death at the hand's of his brother would have been acceptable to me also. As it is, neither of them died, & the ending feels like so much of a cop out that I can't bring myself to ever watch this series again. I normally watch all my anime at least 2-3 times to see if I've missed anything the first time around, & Trigun is the only series that I can not & will not watch again.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 45 of 122