• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Chevalier d'Eon

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
I had actually forgotten about the series after the announcment was made until this thread appeared. Out of curiosity, I went to check the Encyc. entry only to find it's by my favorite shounen director, Furuhashi Kazuhiro.

Really he is your favorite director I wonder why that is.......he the director of the anime I am most looking forward to on DVD. Zipang I am really looking forward to that, oh by the way did you know he was the director for Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal? Very Happy

Tony is the biggest Rurouni Kenshin fan I've ever seen; I'm sure he's well aware that Furuhashi directed Tsuiokuhen and the TV series.

The only directorial work I've seen of his is Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, but I love those storyboard credits. Maria-sama ga Miteru? Genshiken? Gunslinger Girl? All favorites of mine.

Well, now I have to check out this series as well (it's convenient, too, since Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is almost over.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I just registered a couple of minutes ago and Im already finding myself watching another quality anime, thanks a lot gentlemen! I can say I really like animes/books/video games (etc) when they're based upon historical period even if they stray far from reality, and in this case it's an really great setting (Althought Im quite jealous that Europe gets mostly all the fictional-story-in-historical-setting, maybe because Im really patriotic... he he). Anyway, looks like it's gonna be an awesome series.

Ps: Please forgive me if I do any mistake while writing, english is not my mother language (I know I got very little self confidence, can you tell from my username?).
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I really like that the fighting style of the characters is more like the traditional European French or British fencing style rather than the Japanese style of swordsmanship in most anime where characters clash swords. The style used also goes well with type of swords used by characters as well which are mosty sabers or rapiers. They did their homework.

No joke! I was really really impressed with the fencing in this show. I'd never seen a show before that used actual fencing styles and footwork, I was blown away. Of course they overexagerated their swings a ton for dramatic impact, but that's ok, it looked fantastic and was still well within the bounds of realism. I haven't seen everything, but I've seen a great deal of action series, and this has the best European sword fights I've ever seen, bar none.

Although it does feel pretty embarrasing and stupid when you first start learning the fencing footwork, it really is extremely effective. I was just so excited to see some real fencing animated; for the record, I was never an epee or saber guy, I always used a foil, so I don't know exactly how accurate their style is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Tony is the biggest Rurouni Kenshin fan I've ever seen; I'm sure he's well aware that Furuhashi directed Tsuiokuhen and the TV series.

I know Tony has taught me the art of many things in the Kenshin Universe.....I was just joking...

selenta wrote:
No joke! I was really really impressed with the fencing in this show. I'd never seen a show before that used actual fencing styles and footwork, I was blown away. Of course they overexagerated their swings a ton for dramatic impact, but that's ok, it looked fantastic and was still well within the bounds of realism. I haven't seen everything, but I've seen a great deal of action series, and this has the best European sword fights I've ever seen, bar none.

Exactly the show really does a great job showing how the fighting styles of the French are so different then that of Japanese samurai. I seriously can't for episode 3, I wish there were more people fansubbing this show....
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
DieH@rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote
I've just seen the first 2 episodes and I was blown away!
First anime since Gankutsuou that has captived me in this way. Only thing that is missing is deep voice of Jouji Nakata Smile

Thank you Production I.G, thank you!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I finally got around to watching the latest episode and I am so in love with this series. The japanese language track is still a bit off, but I still like everyone in the show thus far, what best is that there are no loud and annoying character like every other show (Well most of them) that are on. I hope ADV hurry up with these dvds, I need premium sound.

DieH@rd wrote:
First anime since Gankutsuou that has captived me in this way.

Yeah for some reason the Gankutsuou connection (France) definetly reminded made me think about that show....even thought they are done by different studio.

Delta
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
They're both quite beautifully animated as well as artsy too; full of lots of eye candy and such. I stopped at episode 09 and decided to wait for ADV's release instead of continuing, even though I could have. I just wanted one really good series to look forward to next year that I haven't seen. Hopefully my will will hold out 'til then though. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2