• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Well, Strawberry Panic ended....

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Although Shizuma and Miyuki were spoiler[graduating, I see Shizuma writing Nagisa letters and arranging visits during the holidays.] Seriously, with a mind like Shizuma's, I severely doubt she was going to let a little problem like spoiler[leaving the academy] slow things down.

True, especially since Shizuma has that conveniently placed villa too. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Richard J. wrote:
While I doubt anyone would ever think of doing it, I wished they'd do a another season with a focus on Chikaru. She stole a lot of scenes and was such a good friend to everyone. You could see that she rooting for Shizuma to win Nagisa's heart too.

Perhaps not a second season, but a movie or an OAV focusing on the other characters would be nice;spoiler[ e.g., does Yaya go after Tsubomi (though I thought this pairing to be forced), & does Chikaru increase the size of her 'harem'? Wink] I liked Chikaru a lot too; even though on the surface she seemed very childish, what with all her silly clubs & all, she was actually far more insightful & mature than first percieved.

Richard J. wrote:
I hope someone licenses Strawberry Panic!, especially since the light novels and the manga are coming over here. (Thank you Seven Seas!)

Well, with a wee bit of luck, hopefully the anime series will be; I really, really hope it will be coz if I end up buying all 9 volumes of the Japanese R2 DVD's, the series will set me back over US$450. x_x
I have the Japanese versions of the manga, & at a glance the girls in the manga are far more lecherous than their anime counterparts, spoiler[& it seems that Amane actually scores a personality in it!!] Shocked Anime hyper
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
EVA fiend wrote:

Richard J. wrote:
While I doubt anyone would ever think of doing it, I wished they'd do a another season with a focus on Chikaru. She stole a lot of scenes and was such a good friend to everyone. You could see that she rooting for Shizuma to win Nagisa's heart too.

Perhaps not a second season, but a movie or an OAV focusing on the other characters would be nice;spoiler[ e.g., does Yaya go after Tsubomi (though I thought this pairing to be forced), & does Chikaru increase the size of her 'harem'? Wink] I liked Chikaru a lot too; even though on the surface she seemed very childish, what with all her silly clubs & all, she was actually far more insightful & mature than first percieved.

Even though I disliked SP! overall, I would be very willing to purchase something that focused on Chikaru. She was such an odd duck, but such a likeable one. I also rather liked her cosplaying sidekicks as well. The group really reminded me of the Shadow Girls in Revolutionary Girl Utena from time to time.
DarekaTasuket3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:16 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
Personally, I too was disappointed. I don't even know why, now that I think about it. I guess it's the thought of the future that bothers me the most. spoiler[Tamao loves Nagisa, and they're roomates... but Nagisa essentially betrayed Tamao's feelings by going back to Shizuma. They're still going to have to live together, but there is basically no more chance for them to have a serious relationship. Shizuma is leaving in three months too... and then where will Nagisa be? Will she go crawling back to her 2nd choice (Tamao)? Or will she just be forever staring off into the sky thinking about Shizuma and ignoring the girl who lives with her and loves her? Also, she failed in succeeding Shizuma in the Etoile position, something that would have been awesome in my opinion as a way for her to "get over" her feelings for Shizuma, or at least accept the truth the future holds for their relationship.]

I have to say that I disagree with your statements, and here's why:

spoiler[
1) Tamao was not her 2nd choice at all; Nagisa never had romantic feelings for her and it's evident in the anime
2) Nagisa won't ignore her, she'll be enjoying her time left at Miator and waiting for the day she'll reunite with Shizuma. If that isn't the case, it's likely she'll go and live with Shizuma and quit school but I highly doubt her parents are gonna let her lol
3) SHE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO GET OVER SHIZUMA they have great chemistry and their bond is strong because Shizuma was able to love again because of Nagisa
4) their future is just going on pause until she graduates; unlike with Miyuki, we haven't heard that Shizuma is engaged to anyone, nor is there any proof that she would be no longer available for Nagisa to love. ]

This is mostly opinion, but it's based on my observations of the anime.
PS Hikari and Amane had a very good romance, and the anime isn't just about what happens to Nagisa; it's about all the girls on Astraea Hill who involved themselves with Nagisa.[/spoiler]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2