• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Patrick Seitz

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
who, after several years voicing background and secondary characters, finally takes center stage as PK's George Koizumi.

Well, arguably Mr. Seitz took "center stage" with Koi Kaze, since he did voice the more prominent of the two lead characters in that one.

Otherwise an interesting interview for a VA whose work I have come to respect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:41 am Reply with quote
Awesome interview. I felt like I had a common bond with him in respect to understanding what it's like to adapt the script. Creating different characters, with their own voices, is one of the first things I learned in my screenwriting class. As one who is studying acting (and performing occasionally), I also appreciated his take on it as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:16 am Reply with quote
Hmm...I'd like to hear more about adaption. I'm interested in writing and I really love character development, so it sounds like something I'd maybe like to do...I bet it's a tough job to get into, though, like all of the other anime-related jobs. Anime hyper

Great interview. I'll have to check out some of his stuff. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote
I thought that he had the best performance in Koi Kaze, bar none (and with a dub that good, that's saying something). It wasn't just his spoken lines though. Lots of his breathing and huffing was just so real. I loved it.

And the Isshin spoiler is definitely one of the worst kept anime/manga secrets of all time. Just like the Akito spoiler in Fruits Basket and the L secret in Death Note.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Interview wrote:
and I asked Steph (Stephanie Sheh), because she is also one of the actresses on Koi Kaze
Can someone confirm for me that Stephanie Sheh is credited as Tiffany Hsieh in Koi Kaze?

If that is not in fact her, then what role did she play in the series? The encyclopedia does not list her as being in it at all nor does it show that Tiffany Hsieh is an alias. I'm a huge fan of Koi Kaze and I'd like to know for certain.

who_is_friend wrote:
And the Isshin spoiler is definitely one of the worst kept anime/manga secrets of all time. Just like the Akito spoiler in Fruits Basket and the L secret in Death Note.
I've somehow managed to not learn the L secret! Cool, I'm still spoiler free on ONE series. (Note: this is not a request to spoil me.)
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
O.o; Okay, I know Akito, but I don't know about the Isshin spoiler OR the L secret. ...and somehow, I'm incredibly tempted to spoil myself even though I *know* I shouldn't...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jifty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
O.o; Okay, I know Akito, but I don't know about the Isshin spoiler OR the L secret. ...and somehow, I'm incredibly tempted to spoil myself even though I *know* I shouldn't...

It turns out, he's made of chocolate. Chocolate and win.

Anyway, great interview with Mr. Seitz. I met him at Otakon this year, and I found him to be very funny, and a great guy to talk to. His interactions with Caitlin Glass, Yuri Lowenthal, and Mike MacFarland were especially great.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Jifty wrote:
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

It turns out, he's made of chocolate. Chocolate and win.

Oooh, THAT'S why he has so many fangirls.
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
He forgot to mention that he's playing Raul in Ergo Proxy...and doing a kickass job at it, I might add...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
He mentioned he was playing someone from Ergo Proxy. Is he playing more than one character in that series?
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
He mentioned he was playing someone from Ergo Proxy. Is he playing more than one character in that series?

Well, I clearly did not read very carefully. Cool
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Can someone confirm for me that Stephanie Sheh is credited as Tiffany Hsieh in Koi Kaze?

If that is not in fact her, then what role did she play in the series? The encyclopedia does not list her as being in it at all nor does it show that Tiffany Hsieh is an alias. I'm a huge fan of Koi Kaze and I'd like to know for certain.

Yes, check here: http://www.jenseki.com
and look at the "Voice Work" list.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

Yes, check here: http://www.jenseki.com
and look at the "Voice Work" list.
Stephanie Sheh and Jennifer Sekiguchi are the same person? I didn't realize that before now. Wow.

Thank you for pointing me to her site. You have no idea how long I've been wondering what the heck happened to "Tiffany Hsieh" since her list of credits is so slim. (I feel like a moron though. If I'd just clicked on Jennifer Sekiguchi's website link I'd already have learned all of this ages ago. Embarassed )

Are there any plans to fold the credits lists for Tiffany Hsieh, Stephanie Sheh, and Jennifer Sekiguchi into one entry? All three are seperate despite the fact that on other people's encyclopedia entries, it lists roles they've had under different names.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

Thank you for pointing me to her site. You have no idea how long I've been wondering what the heck happened to "Tiffany Hsieh" since her list of credits is so slim. (I feel like a moron though. If I'd just clicked on Jennifer Sekiguchi's website link I'd already have learned all of this ages ago. :oops: )

Her website has only been around recently. It's relatively new.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1