• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TRSI Announces To Heart

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Over a year since this
Quote:
posted on 2005-05-20 04:14:33
Hi fans! I’ve got an update for you on our upcoming release of the To Heart TV series. The masters that we received from japan were in rather bad shape, so unfortunately there’s going to be a bit of a delay in the US release of this series. The good news is that we’re working to totally remaster the video for this show which means that the US video quality will actually be better than its R2 counterpart! So please be patient with us as we work to restore this wonderful show to look better than ever.

Current ETA for release is totally dependent on how long the complete restoration will take and at this time we do not have a projected completion date for that work.

Hard work can pay off in the end I guess huh? I really want to know if these dvds will actually turn out better then the R2 version of the show. Good work Rightstuf.
jgreen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
The new TRSI print catalog has a pretty extensive article on what they went through to remaster the series. It's amazing, really. You can see it here: http://www.rightstuf.com/resource/article2006fall_2.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
The new TRSI print catalog has a pretty extensive article on what they went through to remaster the series. It's amazing, really. You can see it here: http://www.rightstuf.com/resource/article2006fall_2.shtml

Whoa nows that a good read that should be included with the news article. Thanks for the information.
Grico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited, its been such a long wait even if it was for a good reason.
detective392

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
awsome i never even knew they had this hopefully they can get to heart 2
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
With FUNimation having similar problems with Slayers, I knew there was another company who'd had problems getting new masters from Japan. Well, nice to know that they finally got them and can finally start making money on the series.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for a very long time to see this series so this is extremely welcome news. I hope that TRSI can still make good a profit off of To Heart given all the work they've had to do.

Good article talking about the trouble they had to go through. It sounds like they had to be very creative to overcome the problem and I'm glad they were willing to go through the effort.
Taishi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is...it's about time...Razz
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Thats a bit of a wait for you Very Happy I am glad they remastered it though which I think was worth the wait. Anyways this is good news, I can't wait. Thanks for the article by the way.
Animedude35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
jgreen wrote:

Whoa nows that a good read that should be included with the news article. Thanks for the information.

It may be just me, but I can't make out the the difference between the two, maybe because it's a small picture and I can't really see it...
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:50 am Reply with quote
oh my god. i never thought it was gonna happen. im so glad because i love this show to death and the characters are so hot.
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:

It may be just me, but I can't make out the the difference between the two, maybe because it's a small picture and I can't really see it...

If you see the version in the print catalog, you can clearly see the difference, and it's pretty drastic. In the left-hand image, the former one has little white flecks on it, almost like there were scrape marks in the paint on the cels or something and so the you get a bright white spot where the light shines through when the cel is photographed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Ha, they lied, February 27th is still winter, not spring! But since it's a lie in our favor, we'll forgive it Very Happy I became interested in To Heart because of the references made in Comic Party, and it was actually the first complete series I ever downloaded. But of course, I wouldn't think about not getting the DVDs, not with a show of TH's caliber and Rightstuf releasing it. And for only $20 MSRP, it'll be pretty darn cheap...the only question on everyone's mind is, "Can we get a box with the last volume?" But either way, I'm glad to finally see this announcement, and I'm sure the restored video will be worth the wait. *heads to rightstuf.com to preorder*
detective392 wrote:
Awesome, I never even knew they had this, hopefully they can get To Heart 2.
Before thinking about To Heart 2, let's hope for To Heart ~Remember my Memories~, which is actually a continuation of the events in To Heart. (Plus, To Heart 2 wasn't that great, so I don't blame licensee companies for not wanting to release it.)
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Did ADV ever release the 3rd volume of the manga? I've only ever found the first two....
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Ha, they lied, February 27th is still winter, not spring! But since it's a lie in our favor, we'll forgive it Very Happy I became interested in To Heart because of the references made in Comic Party, and it was actually the first complete series I ever downloaded.
Hey, Zalis you finally got your old account working again! Congratulations! Now what are you going to do with the evil twin? Wink

Seriously, would it be a good idea for someone who has never seen Comic Party to get To Heart or should I pick up the party before hand? Also, are the two series connected in any way or are the references just of the in-joke variety? I'm picking this title up on faith and a general interest in the genre; I've never actually seen any of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2