• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Anime Swordsman?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeserkerXII

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
We have seen lots, and I mean LOTS of swordsmen in many anime, but it's still hard to decide who's the best.

There's(my favorites):
Ichigo-Bleach
Byakuya-Bleach
Cloud and Sephiroth-FFVII
Squall-FFVIII
Sora and Riku-Kingdom Hearts
Dante-Devil May Cry(VG)
Sol and Ky-Guilty Gear(VG)
and much more.....

I kinda think Sephiroth is the best but, which character do YOU think is the best?
undeadben

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to be "off topic" but this topic isn't very interesting. Let me say this first, this topic is probably going to get locked. If you want to prevent this you should probably read what Tony K. posted when he locked your last topic.

I'm not trying to backseat mod here, I just wanted to try and help you out. Just listing with out any reason or opinion is against the forum rules here, so that right there is where you would want to go back and try to save your topic. Write about why you like these swordsmen. A couple of lines for each one you listed shouldn't be too hard since you like them so much.

Also so far you have had three locked topics. Here is a thread made by another member who had a rocky start here with starting a lot of topics that got locked, most of the posts in that thread have some pretty good advice, you should have a look if you get a chance.
BeserkerXII

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
Sorry to be "off topic" but this topic isn't very interesting. Let me say this first, this topic is probably going to get locked. If you want to prevent this you should probably read what Tony K. posted when he locked your last topic.

I'm not trying to backseat mod here, I just wanted to try and help you out. Just listing with out any reason or opinion is against the forum rules here, so that right there is where you would want to go back and try to save your topic. Write about why you like these swordsmen. A couple of lines for each one you listed shouldn't be too hard since you like them so much.

Alright! I'll tell you what I like about some of them!

Ichigo
Weapon:Zangetsu
Ichigo always like being the touch but he always stands strong for what he believes in. He continues to get stronger but still has a long way to go! His bankai totally rocked the house against Byakuya. Super fast, and super smooth! I like him because he gets cooler by every minute.

Cloud
Weopon: Large sword-contains many others for multi uses.
Everything about Cloud is what makes him a hero! One of the few swordman who's always fighting the darknees inside of him! His sword can split apart into many small blades for 2-on-2 combat(Seen in the movie) Even that last move he used against Sephiroth had the word "STYLE" written all over it!

Sol
Weapon-Fire ignited, one hand sword
Rude but also cool and collective. Posseses fire type, kick-butt and super fierce moves! Still a mystery in the Guilty Gear game which makes him all the more interesting! He doesn't call himself a hero but he still knows right from wrong. One thing in his mind: REVENGE!!!!!

Byakuya
Weapon-Senbonzakura
His weapon splits into flower petals that can kill you in "blink"!! With his ultimate power, Sekei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, he can use as many swords as he wants! He's also one of the fastest compared to Ichigo. The thing I truly like about him, or any character, is that his mind is filled with contempt and confusion! His heart is like a pendent moving back and forth. Trying to make which decision that will affect his future!

How's that?
Kajin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
do Rena Ryuuguu in Higurashi with her cleaver count? Laughing
mapi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, best swordsman? Himura Kenshin? Honestly, who is any cooler than he is with his reversed sword?

But on another note, the bets 'wandering samurai' has to be Kintaro Oe of Goldenboy. Not a samurai strictly speaking, but brings an awesome spin to the genre.
BigSmokin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I forgot one of the guys names:

Ichigo-Bleach

Mugan-Samauri Champloo

Jin- Samauri Champloo

the green haired guy that Monkey D. Luffy recruits in the beginning- One Piece
BeserkerXII

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Kajin wrote:
do Rena Ryuuguu in Higurashi with her cleaver count? Laughing

Of course! Very Happy
crow-kun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
The hell Roronoa Zoro is the best swordsman. Most of the people the OP put aren't even in anime
creativename

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I like Mugen and Jin. Unlike so many other anime swordsmen such as Ichigo and Inuyasha, they are mere humans who do not posses any sort of special power. Yet, they still manage to be awesome.
BeserkerXII

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote
BigSmokin wrote:
I forgot one of the guys names:

Ichigo-Bleach

Mugan-Samauri Champloo

Jin- Samauri Champloo

the green haired guy that Monkey D. Luffy recruits in the beginning- One Piece

That's Roronoa Zolo.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Y'all screwed up. No mindless rambling of names, and that goes to each and every one of you, it seems.

Locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1