• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony will Release Advent Children Limited Edition in February

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RytoEX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, this is pretty sweet! It's no "Ultimate Edition", but it's still a nice set of merchandise! Anime smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh, gee, sorry Sony, but if you released this when you should have I wouldn't have already downloaded Last Order. That's $50 I get to save in 2007. Normally when I download something I try to make the extra effort to buy it when it gets released over here, but after the long delays of the regular edition and being lead to believe that that was the only version we'd see I can't see spending even more for a short that could have been on the regular DVD (and not interested in the other stuff). Nice try Sony, but too little, too late.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
hmm 50 bucks is a bit much, but with the internet I can probably find it for a price I'm willing to pay. Guess I'm glad I hadn't bought it yet. Still that's such a horribly long wait for lots of people who probably would have bought it when it first came out but now don't care to.
RadicalHaruko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
:/ Too bad that's really expensive and The Last Order is borderline horrible.

I often wonder who jumps at the opportunity to own scripts of things like this...?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Sony Double dip, wow. By the end of 2007 there will be a new Ultimate Edition of Advent Children that includes the motorcycle and a secret cheat code to spoiler[revive Aerith].......It's just stupid that the original release couldn't have these items on it.
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Hrmph, and then there's the "Director's Cut" version of Advent Children in the works... how many gosh-darn times do they expect people to buy essentially the exact same movie??
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Based on the comments made on the IGN anime boards from the users there it seems like good marketing, even if it is a bit sad and obvious corporate exploitation that George Lucas would be proud of. Over on the IGN boards most people are already standing ready with their wallets open and many stated a willingness to triple dip if another better version is down the line, like a more feature rich version or HD version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'd prefer a High-Def release, but seeing as it'll undoubtedly be on Blu-Ray when they do have an HD release, I'd be out either way.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Dang. It sucks because I already bought the regular edition, you know, the 2-disc set? Yeah, now I'm slightly angry because Sony decided to release the special edition practically a year later.

They're going to milk this movie for all it's work, huh?
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
It's like how many times Evangelion get re-released. People keep buying them so something must be working. ^^;
NZbeedee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
But then Evangelion is actually decent and Advent Children is well, pretty much eye candy.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I actually knew those punks were gonna double-dip-if not on dvd, then on Blu Ray. SQ'Enix has released way too much FF junk lately to quit now.

NZ: They both blow, but at least the FF7 crew can shoot action scenes.
Gage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Odds are you'll be able to download it for free in the future. There are plenty of resources out there. But that would bring up a completely different topic to bring up. So we'll just foget I mentioned that, shall we? Hehe.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
The movie was quite disappointing to me. They never did explain who the bad guys were, they just appeared. At least, I did not spend much on the regular edition.

I enjoyed this review from Carlo Santos. This is the best part of the review.

Carlo Santos wrote:
The real star of the movie, however, is the nonstop action that seems to have absorbed every major blockbuster film of the last decade. If you ever wanted to know what it'd look like to watch The Matrix, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Fast and the Furious, Star Wars, and their brethren all at once, it's right here.

I really do not like it when companies decide to release the same thing just with more extras that tell you everything that you were supposed to know. Why could they not do this in the beginning? Is it really that important to find out the name and specs of Cloud's motorcycle and new sword?

To end it, here is a choice article about Sony which a friend sent me. The writer is quite crude but is also very intelligent. Just overlook the crudeness of the article and you will see the point the writer is trying to make.
Kyjin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote
If it had been released at the same time as the regular edition, sure I would have spit out the extra money. But now that I've already seen Last Order and am loving my two-disc edition... um, no Sony, sorry. :/
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3