• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gilgamesh, Cromartie High School on UK Digital TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
Well that's cool for Cromartie then. I still think CHS should have made it onto Adult Swim over here in the states. But whatev.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
I feel sorry for all the poor viewers who are about to get sucked into the incredibly awsome and intriguing looking Gilgamesh, which will crush their poor little hearts on the very last episode. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote
Haha, typical - they start the day I go back up to uni with my student accomodation and lack of Sky TV...

Oh well... I hope it does ok, I would like to have some anime on TV sometimes, although Rockworld is a pretty damn weird channel. (It seems to show amateur rock bands performing live and teleshopping....)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Random pairing I guess SKY wanted to grab the emo kids (Gilgamesh) or people who are into that [AS] world with CHS. Either show is very good, probably CHS being the better choice because of it's episode format.
nadesico81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote
SKY had nothing to do with aquireing the channel. Rockworld is a very new channel here in the UK. The only other chanel that has any anime here is Rapture TV.

Hugh David Marketing and Production Coordinator for ADV UK stated at Anime Expo London

"ADV is currenly prusureing TV ventures with various companys at this time."

ADV UK is working very hard to get anime on TV here but its a up hill battle it seems.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anime_hazel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quote
Did anyone else see the first episode of gilgamesh yesterday? What does everyone feel about the dubbing? I wish there was an option so i could watched it in japanese with subtitles. I feel patronised. Plus half the voices and tone of voice didn't seem to fit the characters or mood so i felt a bit irritated watching it. Still I'll carry on watching it out of interest as I've never seen anime dubbed before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:53 am Reply with quote
nadesico81 wrote:
SKY had nothing to do with aquireing the channel. Rockworld is a very new channel here in the UK. The only other chanel that has any anime here is Rapture TV.

Hugh David Marketing and Production Coordinator for ADV UK stated at Anime Expo London

"ADV is currenly prusureing TV ventures with various companys at this time."

ADV UK is working very hard to get anime on TV here but its a up hill battle it seems.
Battling against the flood waters of (yuck) reallity TV. Thank God for anime else I'll go mad.
Rockworld isn't that new. it's just Redemption TV renamed. It seemed people thought Redemption was a religious channel. Still more anime on the UK tele. Also now Manga Ent UK have got a TV advert called Manga Force airring on ITV, Channel 4, and the Sky channels, so the anime sun is starting to burn away the mist and fog of the "no-anime" gloom here on this island.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1