• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sailor Moon entries in Anime Encyclopedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I tried to send the following e-mail to our wonderful Encyclopedist via the address given on the Edit page. It came back to me almost immediately, with this error message from Hotmail's daemon:

[email protected] wrote:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550-Host f220.law7.hotmail.com (hotmail.com)
[216.33.237.220] is not permitted
550-to relay through host.animenewsnetwork.com.
550-Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes.
550-You may also have been rejected because your ip address
550-does not have a reverse DNS entry.
550 relaying to <[email protected]> prohibited by administrator

In the interest of passing my thoughts along, I will post the body of the e-mail here. Someone might want to check the server setup so that other people won't have to waste space in the forum like this. Confused

sailormech wrote:

Hi there Mr Encyclopedist!

I'm just writing to ask a quick question about the way you have chosen to catalog the Sailor Moon TV series, and possibly offer a suggestion.

Are you aware that the individual arcs of the Sailor Moon story (Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, etc) are not all individual series a la Saber Marionette? (Or Dragon Ball, Gundam, etc) That was just how Toei chose to identify each chapter of the story to correspond to Naoko Takeuchi's breakdown of the story arcs in the manga. (She used different names for them in the manga, though.)

If you wish the title index of the Encyclopedia to list only SERIES names, the proper way to represent the Sailor Moon TV series would be to have one single listing that covers all seasons of the show. (Or several to account for alternate names for the series; EG: Sailor Moon, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon)

If you were already aware that they are not seperate productions though, and have listed each season seperately for some reason despite that, you can go ahead and disregard this e-mail. ^^;

Figured it wouldn't hurt to at least offer the input. Wink

Ciao!

---
Sailormech
[email protected]

Normally I wouldn't waste everyone's time to post something like this, but in this case I already have it written and can't seem to communicate it via the proper channels. I promise not to make a habit of this.
Rolling Eyes
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, you seems to be much better informed about Sailor Moon than I am, and your suggestion makes a lot of sense. I have added season information to Sailor Moon and I have locked the other seasons. Once all relevant data from the other seasons has been transfered to the original series, I'll delete them. I don't have the time to do it tonight, though, so it'll be for tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:31 pm Reply with quote
All staff and cast information from Sailor Moon R, S, Super-S, and Stars has been moved to "Sailor Moon (TV)."

Related reviews and releases will need to be moved before the season pages are deleted. Also, more specific episode information for Sailor Pluto and Saturn is still needed if available.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1