• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My-Hime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slow_moe_504

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Well I bought My-Hime and I was checking it out. I have 6 volumes and there are three more episodes to go. I checked all of the anime retailers online like Animecornerstore. They are selling all six volumes like its a boxset. There are still three more episodes to go. Does anyone know if there will be a vol 7?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Volume 7 is the last volume and it should come out sometime in March. There will also be a version with a box. I guess these other retails are just selling them in a bundle of some sort, though I don't know why they would be doing it without the last volume.

Edit: Yeah, I looked and its just a bundle minus the last volume. It looks like you would save about $2 by getting the bundle instead of all the volumes separately. I have no idea why they say "Complete Set" because its not.
slow_moe_504

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh ok thank you thats all I needed to know
ishmael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote
Thanks, now I know there are 7 volumes, I was sure there were only 6. Very Happy
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
AnimeOnDVD wrote:
Bandai Entertainment New Title Solicitations (10:35 AM EST): The March slate of titles from Bandai Entertainment went out overnight and they have a couple of good things to note in there for fans:

# .hack//Roots Vol. #1 (also w/Artbox/CD/Game/Tshirt) - 125 minutes - $24.98/59.98 - 03/20/2007
# Clockwork Fighters Vol. #2 - 250 minutes - $39.98 - 03/20/2007
# IGPX: Season 2 Box Set (Toonami Version) - 290 minutes - $39.98 - 03/20/2007
# Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Vol. #07 (also w/box) - 100 minutes - $24.98/44.98 - 03/06/2007
# Scrapped Princess Complete Collection: Anime Legends Edition - 650 minutes - $49.98 - 03/20/2007
It's rather strange, because we would expect Volume 7 to show up in March, and yet it's not on this list. Then again, if you look at My-Hime's release dates, the whole schedule is also strange.

Mai-HiME (DVD 1) 2006-03-28
Mai-HiME - Artbox + Tshirt (DVD 1) 2006-03-28
Mai-HiME (DVD 2) 2006-05-09 ~ 6 weeks btw 1 & 2
Mai-HiME (DVD 3) 2006-07-11 ~ 8 weeks btw 2 & 3
My-Hime (DVD 4) 2006-09-12 ~ 8 weeks btw 3 & 4
My-Hime (DVD 5) 2006-11-14 ~ 8 weeks btw 4 & 5
My-HiME (DVD 6) 2007-01-02 ~ 6 weeks btw 5 & 6
*speculation* My-HiME (DVD 7) 2007-04-03 (?) ~ 12 weeks btw 6 & 7

Some have guessed that Vol. 7 is delayed due to the new artbox that's being sold with it, but Bandai hasn't said anything about it AFAIK. Even without the big gap between 6 and 7, it's already an odd schedule; most releases are every two months, and some of Funimation's have been accelerated to 6 weeks or 4 weeks. I've never heard of any release with variable times between volumes, at least not to this degree.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
I did some checking around, and nobody seems to have any info on when the 7th and final volume will be out. Bandai's site is particularly useless on that.

Despite it not already being listed, I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't out sometime in March. (And gods, I hope it's not much longer than that, because I am more eagerly anticipating the last volume than any other series in recent memory.)

As for uneven release schedules, that's uncommon but hardly unknown. For instance, the original DVD release for Neon Genesis Evangelion came out on an alternating 3 week/6 week schedule.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Despite it not already being listed, I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't out sometime in March. (And gods, I hope it's not much longer than that, because I am more eagerly anticipating the last volume than any other series in recent memory.)

As for uneven release schedules, that's uncommon but hardly unknown. For instance, the original DVD release for Neon Genesis Evangelion came out on an alternating 3 week/6 week schedule.
I knew it wasn't safe to say "never" there Embarassed , considering I haven't been following the industry that closely for very long (as we also found out on the ADV dub thread), but I can settle for "uncommon." And nice to see that there's anticipation for vol. 7 -- I can only hope it doesn't disappoint.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
Man, the awesome fifth volume has left in pins and needles -still waiting for the 6th one to arrive by the mail Crying or Very sad - at the begining, I thought this will end up as another slightly above-average magical girls series, but it totally blew me away with how it gets better and better with each volume released, definitely on my top 10.

I hope it won't take long for Bandai to release the seventh and that they would announce licensing Mai-Otome soon after that.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
You know when the series was dragging for a while durring volumes two and three I was beginning to regret picking up the series, especially since the first disc was so great. However with the last two volumes that I've seen, four and five, the series has become quite awesome again. I need to pick up volume 6.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quote
Volume 6 kicks butt. It has a fair amount of action, more HiME get defeated, and a lot of major revelations. Two of them you'll probably expect (who the last HiME is was implied in volume 5, and you should have figured out by now who the Obsidian Prince is), but one you almost certainly won't (who the Headmistress really is). The extent of the feelings one character expresses for another may also surprise, though it has been hinted at. The only thing bad about the volume is that it only has three episodes. Ugh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Some have guessed that Vol. 7 is delayed due to the new artbox that's being sold with it

If this is true I may be able to forgive some of what Bandai has done with this release. I can't wait to trash that crap art box that came with the first volume. Actually, I'm thinking about doing it regardless of whether the last volume comes with an artbox because I dislike it that much.
Zork

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to Vol 7 even though I did read all of the episode descriptions in January's issue of Anime Insider. Embarassed

This may be off-topic, but I am kind of disappointed with the quality of the dvds. Out of the six volumes I have purchased so far I have had to send or return two of them back to where I purchased them for replacements. On volume 3 sometimes an episode would stop playing for 3-10 seconds then either skip ahead or start playing again where it stopped. I returned it to Amazon and received another dvd that plays fine. Volume 6 I just purchased at Best Buy and it not only does the same thing but sometimes it stops playing and large color blocks start appearing on the screen. I returned that one and the replacement I received plays fine.

I switched dvd players when volume 3 acted up and the same thing happened so I know it's not the dvds.

Also, in either case the dvd was mounted securely in the case and not loose and rattling around where it could get scratched.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
Unless others can relate similar problems, that may be just a fluke, Zork. (Like the old-school computer game name, BTW.) I've had no such problems with any of my DVDs, some of which I got at Best Buy and others at Frye's.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Check the AoD forums. I don't know if my My HiME DVDs have any problems as I haven't played them yet, but apparently the My HiME DVDs are known for being pretty poor in general along with some defects.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Check the AoD forums. I don't know if my My HiME DVDs have any problems as I haven't played them yet, but apparently the My HiME DVDs are known for being pretty poor in general along with some defects.
1-4 are authored by the notoriously mediocre Ocean Group, but they changed authoring houses for Vol. 5 and things improved a bit. I haven't had any playback problems with my copies, but I have noticed video issues. See also this comparison.
Some site I shouldn't link to wrote:
This makes me sick to see [edit]. The top image represents R1 video, while the bottom one represents R2 video. So what's the matter with it? The top image illustrates something that can pretty much never be fixed even with very advanced filtering. I don't want to get into it too much, but basically it is blending. More specifically it is called chroma field blending, which is blending of the telecined fields made during the mastering process. Thats why it makes those combed lines of color, and looks like an after-image. Also note the the color is more vibrant and less washed out in the R2 cap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6