• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Movie 8 Trailer Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quote
Wait...so the entire movie is just a clip show of the Alabasta storyline?

Man, between this and the recent five straight recape episodes, I'm wondering if Toei shredded One PIece's budget or something.
bennyb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
It certainly looked like some new phootage to me! Either way it'll be a compact version of a great story arc, I'm definitely excited about it.
lledra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
well, that looked interesting. Out of all the things I could see them making a movie of, I didn't really suspect that. Makes me wonder what's going to be different about it than what was already shown.

All in all, I'm interested.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
New footage? Or maybe I need to go back and watch the original arc. So, an alternate storytelling. I guess that's better than nothing, at least hardcore One Piece fans would know what to expect from it.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quote
From watching the trailer, I feel a bit underwhelmed. I think they can compact the story well enough into a 90 minute movie, and right now, that's what I'm most looking forward to, but I really fail to see the reason to revisit the arc this way.

I wonder if the choice to do this had anything to do with where the series is right now. Not necessarily in the middle of an arc with the anime, but related to characters like spoiler[Franky.]
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quote
None of it is new footage, expect perhaps that very beginning bit.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I just rewatched the Alabasta storyline recently-all of the footage in the trailer is from the TV eps.

If they were going to retell the arc with new animation it wouldn't be so bad, but this just comes off as cheap to me. Hopefully the inevitable ninth movie will be a new story and not just a clip show of Skypeia.
tarrin4ever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
This still looks like teaser trailer to me. I don't think they've finished the animation yet, so instead they're giving us clips of what we've already seen.

The still characters overtop of the footage look brand new, that's probably what the movie will look like. Try not jumping to any baseless conclusions just yet.
Drac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
There will be new animation for the film. This trailer has been out for a few weeks now and is just a teaser. The last One Piece film had a teaser trailer that contained footage that wasn't in the final version but they're just using footage from the tv show for this one.
potassium

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'd rather see Arlong Park converted into movie form.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
this arc had several excellent fight scenes...something that the Slyperia arc was missing.

I wonder if spoiler[they'll started from Luffy getting stabbed and go from there. Or maybe they'll start from them getting to Alabasta.]

I just hope they aren't going to spoiler[be fighting CP9 and then think- I wonder how Vivi's doing...we should write her!] and then proceed to show the flashback.

Oh well i'm a Sanji-junkie. i'll live either way.[/spoiler]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1