• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Urotsukidoji - Blu Ray Version - Misinformation, Bad Link

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
You have this HD movie version incorrectly linked with DVD movie version. The Blu-Ray version is still "edited" with the most explicit scenes removed and is more tame compared to the OVA, however its much better than the original DVD movie. Your link makes it appear that the Blu-Ray is just an up-scaled version of the DVD movie and its actually a re-mastered version.

Considering this is probably "the classic" of all Hentai Anime, it should have its own separate link.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
mugz wrote:
You have this HD movie version incorrectly linked with DVD movie version.

Is this page what you're talking about? If not, which page is it?

mugz wrote:
Your link makes it appear that the Blu-Ray is just an up-scaled version of the DVD movie and its actually a re-mastered version.

I'm not quite sure how that page "makes it appear that the Blu-Ray is just an up-scaled version of the DVD movie." Could you be more specific?

mugz wrote:
Considering this is probably "the classic" of all Hentai Anime, it should have its own separate link.

The standalone DVD release has its own page. The BD version comes with a combo pack that always contains the DVD version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
I going to have to go one further and say "what?"

With regards to releases, the descriptions come straight from what the distributor solicits to the retailers, and the descriptions we have don't mention edits.

It looks like since I last glanced at the Urotsukidoji entries we now have more of them, rather than one that tried to cover all the OVAs. I'll have to back go over Keiji Gotoh's profile (if I can get the relevant artbook back off my cousin...) and try to get his credits in the right places at last.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1