• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Licenses Durarara, Nerima Daikon Brothers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comsr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Exclamation Know Your Anime Director:
Watanabe Shinichiro is the Cowboy Bebop guy. Does not have an afro. Did not direct Daikon Bros nor makes a cameo appearance in Puni Puni Poemy.
Watanabe Shinichi (without "ro") is the Excel Saga guy. Also goes by the name Nabeshin. May cameo in series he directs or otherwise has an important role. Wears an afro and a Red Jacket Lupin outfit. Cool
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote
And I'd been determined to never mix them up... Grrr. Very many thanks for the correction.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:18 am Reply with quote
DRRR on BD with the dub? Yes please. Yet another series I may have to double-dip for.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Let's just hope that the UK bluray of DRRR actually comes with a dedicated subtitle track for on-screen text. The US release just used the Japanese discs which didn't have one, and it made it really awkward in a lot of parts of the show. Izaya and Simon's conversation in Russian near the end, for example.

I sent Anime Limited a rather lengthy e-mail regarding the matter when I first found out about the license, but they have yet to respond, although that's probably because they're busy with MCM this weekend. If they can fix the subtitle issue on the blurays, then I'll import these sets in a heartbeat. The fact that they'll probably cost half as much as the AoA set doesn't hurt either. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1