• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Negima

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote
I just watched the first episode on youtube out of curiosity, I loved Xebec's series and thought I'd hate this one because of all the changes and stuff, but...I didn't. Kinda ok, guess I'll watch a few more eps before I decide if I'm gonna stay with it.

And for the record I haven't read the manga(nor am I ever going to) and I'm collecting the 1st series limited dvd's. Smile
zliplus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
peko wrote:
I just watched the first episode on youtube out of curiosity, I loved Xebec's series and thought I'd hate this one because of all the changes and stuff, but...I didn't. Kinda ok, guess I'll watch a few more eps before I decide if I'm gonna stay with it.

And for the record I haven't read the manga(nor am I ever going to) and I'm collecting the 1st series limited dvd's. Smile

A couple questions: what did you love about the first series and why are you never going to read the manga? I honestly cannot think of anything in the first series that was superior to the manga. I mean, the storyline was basically identical until the last part of the anime, except the manga has more fanservice, action, and detail.
peko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I just don't read much comics at all...I don't seem to have the patience. Perhaps I'm not a manga person. Smile

What I loved about the series was the overall feel, the characters, the music...to me it was a coherent whole. I can't single out anything in particular, really.

Apart from the fact it's set in a school and that always gets me going... ^^
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow, episode 8 was pretty trippy! But just to be brief since I'm getting dinner right now:

spoiler[Fumiko and Fuuka were trying not to be so childish! Also they made the contract with Negi!

Also a new enemy appeared who goes by the name of the Black Rose Baron]

Can anyone pick out the Pani Poni Dash reference? Wink
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Well I just saw episode 9, 10 and 11 which I though were all good but I really liked 11 the most with all the cute moments in it. Episode 11 was my favorite of the three since it had Yue freaking out when she found out she had tospoiler[ kiss Negi for the contract, and then the Black Rose Barren asks for a kiss]...her expression was pricless. Razz Haruna's(sp?) spoiler[kiss with Negi was a bit more jucy then the other girls too, looks like she put her tongue in...or maybe it just seemed like it was a longer kiss...guess she really wanted magical powers...eh. ]

Going back to episode 10, it made me 100% sure that the spoiler[BRB is Negi's father]...which makes me wonder what happened. Confused spoiler[I thought he was dead...was he, or did they say he just disappeared]...it has been a while since I saw the last episodes. Anyways I like this series in a "enjoyable cute series" way, the darker plot behind the whole chain of events isn't as dark as it once seemed but hey it could change pretty quickly though I hope it doesn't (I don't want it to go the way the first one did with that ending).

Hmm...this thread has been buried for some time, is anyone still watching it...I would think you are darkchibi07...or are you. Well now it is revived, and I can hear some more opinions on the series so far. Very Happy
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
So far I'm liking both versions equally though the comic's still my favorite. While I preffered NEGIMA!'s character designs, overall I think the characters themselves are better and more entertaining in NEGIMA!?, with my favorite changes being how Nodoka is less timid, Ayaka is more comically obsessive, and Konoka spoiler[seems to already know that Setsuna has a crush her and accordingly acts like a tease with her]. In the comic and first anime Konoka was always a character who to me was "just there", but in the new anime she's becoming one of my favorites. Also the new Sayo episode was funnier but still not as funny as the comic; in the first version I didn't like how spoiler[Eva used the spell to make Sayo visible and in effect become a normal student], I can't explain excactly why it bothered me, maybe it's just that I liked the comic's version of Sayo so much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5