• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces New License and Tsubasa Release Date

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bci110

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
YAY for Shuffle getting an R1 license! Yet another title that I can take off my R1 Wishlist. Cool

Shuffle was another title that I saw at ColossalCon last year that I fell in love with. I heard that Kadokawa USA actually had the license for it a while ago, and was looking for a distributor. FUNi will do a good job with distributing Shuffle just as they are with the distribution of Second Raid.
dinoho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Good thing SHUFFLE! is now licensed. Will FUnimation license SHUFFLE! Memories in the future??
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Finally more people will gaze upon the greatness of Shuffle!.....They better leave the KKK = Kitto Kitto Kaede thing in there too Anime hyper Also wondered how they would pull that off for an American release Razz That being said, I never knew why I liked Shuffle!, but I just do... I think a big part may have to deal with the char's seiyuu, Yuria as Ama-san, Sugita-sama (I use -sama cause he is one of the best male seiyuu I've heard) as Rin, Yuko Goto as Kaede, etc. :O

That being said....WATCH IT...and I'll hopefully have a job so I can buy it Razz
Stullz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
*does happy dance* realizes he looks like an idiot and sits down*

OMG SHUFFLE IS FINALLY LICENSED!!! This makes makes me incredibly happy. Shuffle is one of my favorite drama/romance/comedy/ecchi animes ever!

Hearing this announcement has instantly woken me up!
coconutpenguin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
May 22 for Tsubasa's release date?!? Man, that's so far away... I can't wait, though! I just hope the dub's good. It's gonna be tricky to find a perfect VA for Fai, ne?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Just so I can be sure, My Santa is Itsudatte My Santa, right?

If so, I can't believe it got licensed. First I find $5 bucks on the parking lot ground at my college and now an anime OVA I never expected to get licensed is grabbed by one of my favorite companies. Cool

SHUFFLE! looks great and I've heard some good things about it. Hope that Funi will license the Memories follow-up too. I've never watched either but I think the companies are honor bound to finish what they start by licensing all of a series if it's at least moderately profitable.

Anyway, these titles are both pleasant surprises!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh, Shuffle! Let's see how long the ANN reviewers can last with this one until they hit the later episodes which were far more talk-worthy! Cool
Stullz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Yes it is Itsudatte My Santa (By Akamatsu-sensei)

AND Shuffle is truly an awesome show.

I don't know if memories will get a license unless Funi does well with this one (so buy it) And from what I've seen so far Memories is just a retelling... I'll have to see where it goes.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Stullz wrote:
(so buy it)
Orders received and accepted Sir! Wink

Seriously, I'm already planning to pick these up. SHUFFLE! looks awesome and I've heard interesting things about it.
Stullz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Hey, someone is obeying me, cool.

lol

I am looking forward to these releases.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Cut and pasted from Aquarion thread:

WAHOO!!!! YES!! THEY ANNOUNCED TSUBASA!!!

There is massive fan-girl squealing going on right now at my house!

Oh, and they announced Shuffle & My Santa as well.

**heehee!** Tsubasa! Now hopefully, tomorrow's announcement will be xxxholic! I won't find out until tommorrow night though, I have to go back to work. Crying or Very sad

(New stuff)
And I just checked TSRI's website a couple of minutes ago and they have Tsubasa Vol. 1 and Vol. 1 w/art box listed. No photos of them yet.

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I think a lot of people will be happy about the Shuffle! liscense. I'd like to see it since I've heard so many good things about it too. Itsudatte My Santa looks good too. Finally, a date for Tsubasa. It took a while.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote
OMG, finally!! It's about freakin' time that Funimation announced Tsubasa's release date. I can't wait until May. It's also great that Shuffle got picked up by one of the better companies out there. Shuffle's a good series, and I'm sure Funimation will do a great job with it.

EDIT: My Santa looks promising, I'm very interested in checking it out once it's released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

**heehee!** Tsubasa! Now hopefully, tomorrow's announcement will be xxxholic! I won't find out until tommorrow night though, I have to go back to work. Crying or Very sad
Funimation sent a C & D letter to the groups subbing xxxHoLIC a while back, so it's not impossible.

Glad to see Funimation has finally decided to do something about Tsubasa. I'd like to see how they'll handle the honorifics.(which is actually a plot point in season 1)
DesintysHeart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy THAT'S AWSOME! I like Shuffle and LOVE Tsubasa! I just wish I knew before I bought the japanese episodes. I have Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3