• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Colored Interest Article titles

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I primarily browse the news page and the forums by color. Instead of reading the thread and article titles, I look more for where the color is different; i.e. a visited link.

With the Interest articles having colored titles now, this MASSIVELY bugs me. Both because of the aforementioned reason (my eyes are looking for that slight difference in shade of article title color, not a drastically different color getting in the way), and because I think that the pink color doesn't fit with the scheme.

If it's definitely going to stay with the different color, can it not be so jarring? The only other thing (other than possibly images) that has that pink color in it is the icon for the Interest articles, and it's very different from the rest of the color scheme on the site. Even a green color wouldn't be so jarring as eyes skim over the article list.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:41 am Reply with quote
I have to agree. These are intensely irritating. It almost as if the interest items have been flagged as the most important items on the site. If you want to differentiate types of entries by different colors, please pick a color that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Only nit-pick I have is that I can't tell if I already opened the article. With the other color, when I click it, it turns a dark purple from my browser. Letting me know I had already looked at it. With the interest articles, it doesn't seem to have a chance in color after clicking.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
I thought the blue had changed to a different color, instead of a different shade of blue, before! That's why it started bugging me so much, it makes them look like read links!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I won't say it's intensely irritating and that it's ruining my life, but I do think the color choice is kind of unfortunate since it's too similar to the "already clicked link" purple. I now have to pay particular attention to the slim difference in color to know if I already read the article or it's a new Interest article. Maybe some shade of green would be a better choice?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:00 am Reply with quote
I tweaked a bit the colors on the front page. Better? (or worse?)

Keep in mind that we'll be switching to the ANN 5.0 layout permanently in a month or so. So I'm not going to spend a lot of time tweaking the old design.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
Thank you, now I know for sure when I read any article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1