• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - SH Figuarts Sailor Moon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
and a notch above D-Arts (which are to be avoided, in my experience, no matter how much you like that videogame character)

I guess you never checked out the quality of the Pokemon figures they made Ok well, except for the fact that Mewtwo's fingers can easily fall off (and the psychic bolt-thing is a PAIN to stick in, especially with fingers falling out...) the Pokemon line are great Smile

I have my Sailor Moon, Mercury, and Mars on pre-order on Amazon! Decided to pick out ONE nice set of Sailor Moon figures to get, and these are probably going to be the best set they will make! I once saw some pretty nice pvc figures at a con in big boxes, each senshi priced at $700... I don't remember what the set was, but that besides the Figarts, they were probably the best looking Sailor Moon figures at the time! Glad I don't have to pay those prices now Smile
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Mmmm that can be subjective^^ I do not like that... style at all.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'm going to collect these or not, due to the price, but I KNOW I'm getting Mars, since she's always been my favorite.
machetecat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordered this a little while back. SO EXCITED! This'll be my first real posable figure (not counting a cheap FMP!Tessa blind box I got several years ago that falls apart if you even breathe on it) and I'm stoked to try different poses with it. It looks mighty cute!
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I pre-ordered these figures the moment I saw them on my favorite site to buy from. No way am I going to miss this set.

You mention that her hair doesn't move and I think this is the big flaw with the figure because one of the pigtails on my moves but the other is fixed in place. I have read a few other people say that they don't move and thought mine was broken but it's stable enough and seems to be made to move. I still love the figure though.

S.H. Figuarts is slowly becoming my favorite brand as I collect more and more from them. I just love the way the figures move!
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

1) I don't think that looks very good at all (especially the face)
2) There's no posability to that. It's just a statuette.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
D-Arts (which are to be avoided, in my experience, no matter how much you like that videogame character).

I disagree. The X and Vile figures are pretty damn good as far as appearances go (though posing X's buster is a bit tricky, but not impossible).

Well it's nice to see Sailor Moon get an actual official figure instead of those horrid "comb my hair" Barbie doll things they made back in the day. I imagine this will become rare and absurdly expensive in due time.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I preordered her as soon as I could and have preordered the other scouts as they became available. I think nostalgia is driving me to collect all the girls. They all look so pretty!

The Dio reference made me giggle. Now I want to buy the Super Action Statue Dio figure (sooner) and pose them against each other.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Moon Pancake Action!!! Razz
old_yoshi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Have you tried museum wax (http://www.readyamerica.com) on the cat's feet to keep it standing up?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Somehow, this review doesn't feel thorough enough!

Illusionary_Systems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
I might wait until the release of Sailor Jupiter.
white_moon_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote
OtakuKitten wrote:
I have read a few other people say that they don't move and thought mine was broken but it's stable enough and seems to be made to move.

A few of the YouTube reviews and forum/s seem to say they move, but may be a bit stuck at first due to the paint?

Mine was shipped a few days ago, it'll take a few weeks to get here...

Edit: Aaand you can swivel the pigtails right out of her head. Luckily they pop right back in.

Last edited by white_moon_ on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Somehow, this review doesn't feel thorough enough

Thank you for this clip. Best 24 minutes I've had today. Also, I think he should be invited to Anime Expo in 2014. He'd be a fantastic guest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1