• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - February 3rd - February 9th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quote
Don't worry, Jin-Roh will be on again on Feb 18 at 12 p.m. Central, so no worries. I'm glad that Trinity Blood is coming to an end, not that I hated it, I just missed a lot of it, and it really didn't seem like the kind of show worth catching up on on YouTube. Hopefully after GitS and Inuyasha are done they'll be replaced with Trinity Blood.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:06 am Reply with quote
As a Catholic, I am nearly offended by His Wimpiness on Trinity Blood. Why do I have to put up such a lame representative of my faith?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
As a Catholic, I am nearly offended by His Wimpiness on Trinity Blood. Why do I have to put up such a lame representative of my faith?

"His Wimpiness".... HAHAHA....LOL!
anyways, another week of non-mck-related shows.... and more funny xplay-ish comedy from brian.
anyways, first off, 'Riders is not a generic anime, its a great show that has action.... and some talking (like DBZ, only with bugs and wide-eyed goofy charaters, no offense), plus it's from Bee-Train (the same dudes behind the .hack// series).
also, why make the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force bomb scare" referance on this week's GG preview, you may do that with Basilisk, but not on GG, if anyone has preview info on this week's GG (actual, not referances to terrorisim today in the United States), let me know, besides, there is now way the cast would go to boston, the show takes place in italy...
plus the "ATHF charater that gave the finger" was one of the Moonites from ATHF, and this so-called "bomb scare" was supposed to be an advertising push for the "ATHF colon movie for theaters" film.
and good news: Celeberty Deathmatch is comming back....AGAIN!
the new season starts same night as GG and Baslisk on MTV2 (Febuary 9th, 2007)
Now i need to get back to my crying....over the loss of MCK......AGAIN.....
Crying or Very sad

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Brian, just would like to point out some new things for YTV:

Gundam SEED Destiny will be airing on YTV in March(Possibly Replacing either InuYasha or Fullmetal Alchemist).

Idaten Jump airs on YTV(Not that I really care).

Battle B Daman has just recently started a new Season on YTV on Saturdays at 1:30 PM or something...
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Don't worry, Jin-Roh will be on again on Feb 18 at 12 p.m. Central, so no worries. I'm glad that Trinity Blood is coming to an end, not that I hated it, I just missed a lot of it, and it really didn't seem like the kind of show worth catching up on on YouTube. Hopefully after GitS and Inuyasha are done they'll be replaced with Trinity Blood.

I'm kinda hoping for Eureka seveN repeats during the week. A lot of people were late-joiners to that great anime, and need to see the early episodes to catch up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quote
EDITED

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote
CanSomebodySayMedic wrote:
plus it's from Bee-Train (the same dudes behind the .hack// series).

In case you've missed the last 13 (inclusive) weeks of his reviews, this is not a selling point. He even went so far as to mix-up SAP and CC, AND accuse Cartoon Network of using either on a non-CN production, just to make fun of it.

At least now I know what the big to-do was in Boston without having to resort to a conventional news source.

PS - Bonus points for figuring out the non-jet-lagged last sentance to the first paragraph. My money is on one all too many.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I mean, they never show commercials for Eureka Seven... ever. Their idea is to let shows with low ratings slip further with a lack of commercials, while showing LOTS of commercials for Aqua Teen and Robot Chicken, despite those shows getting higher ratings. Makes no sense.

Agreed. It doesn't make much (if any) sense at all, but it unfortunately comes down to the fact that Turner/Williams Street value their comedy block more than the anime one. There also seems to be a proportional ratio for their advertising based on how much of a super-mega-blockbuster-hit status a particular show is likely to have. Outside of Bleach and a couple of ads for Trinity Blood, I really don't remember any of the other anime titles being hyped by [as] recently.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Special "1337 sp33k" subtitles can be found on the SAP channel.

Okay, I know this has to be some kind of joke related to .hack//Roots, but I don't get it. I don't understand what "1337 sp33k" is, nor do I know what the SAP channel is. Would someone be good enough to explain this? I love the .hack series, and I like Roots (not quite as much as Sign), so I'm just really curious as to what this joke is about, even if it is making fun of Roots, much as I suspect that it is.

Fiction Alchemist wrote:
And I gotta agree with RogueJedi86: We need Eureka Seven reruns, though I've personally been watching all of the show from the beginning to where it is now. But will Adult Swim do it? I mean, they never show commercials for Eureka Seven... ever.

I also think that Eureka Seven reruns are a good idea because it's a really good show that deserves some more exposure. I can't give it a final grade until I've seen the last episode, but right now I'd say that it's one of the best anime shows that I've ever seen. It's too bad that Adult Swim doesn't seem to respect it very much. I think that people who are always willing to see a story through to its end have been rewarded by Eureka Seven. Unfortunately, stories, whether in book form or film form, are often judged by the quality of their first few chapters or episodes. I think that in the case of Eureka 7, patience, as well as the curiosity to find out what happens next, serves the viewer well.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
All I understood from that statement was the portion regarding the SAP channel. It stands for Secondary Audio Programming (or something like that). As for the rest, I'm in the dark with you, Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl.
zetsuie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
wow one piece is back are these unaired episodes with all new terrible pirate jokes and where every other line is an aweful pun

yes, the worst dub in recent memory is back on basic cable for all you people who want to permantly ruin the anime experience for four year olds
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
I don't understand what "1337 sp33k" is, nor do I know what the SAP channel is.

Leet speek (elite speak) ... good old-timey hacker jargon, or the mass media's take on it anyway. Replace letters with similar looking numbers or symbol combinations. Also a lazy way to come up with passwords when they require 80th 13tt3r5 an|) n|_|m83r5. The joke is that if these folks are playing a MMORPG like The World, they must all be elite haxors, or else why would the show be called .hack?

As NGE1113 already mentioned, SAP is short for Secondary Audio Programming. Used mostly by the larger networks to provide multi-lingual (commonly english & spanish) coverage of sporting events, prime-time line-ups, or whenever else they think the added time & cost will yield them extra sets of eyes to charge businesses for advertising to.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
wow one piece is back are these unaired episodes with all new terrible pirate jokes and where every other line is an aweful pun

yes, the worst dub in recent memory is back on basic cable for all you people who want to permantly ruin the anime experience for four year olds

Yes, and we have to give up Zatch Bell for it. What fun. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
delete

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2