• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Piece of Mind

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure Type 0 has been confirmed for Europe at least...
Kusachiho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Super-excited for the Phoenix Wright release date! Hope the European release isn't too far behind. Surely that's got to be an upside of a digital release...?

I can understand being frustrated about the game being digital only - I'm definitely physical-release-unless-there's-no-other-alternative, but in this case there ISN'T another alternative. I keep seeing "if it's digital-only, I won't buy it! That'll show them!" Show them what? You not buying the game isn't going to convince them to come out with a physical release, it's just going to be a lost sale that risks convincing them there's less of a market for these games/these types of games, and likely prevent any release of future games, digital OR physical.

I mean, come on, it's Phoenix Wright. I will definitely take digital-only if that's the only option we have.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Phoenix Wright:
Well, some people REALLY don't like the eShop policies, so that's one thing (and I've heard some horror stories involving CS with it...)
What makes ME mad is that it's Capcom: someone who isn't putting big risks down like XSEED to license this game. I mean, the fact that they put money into making Lost Planet 3: a game that no one asked for, was barely marketed, and I'm sure bombed in sales, and yet use the excuse "to get it out faster" with DD-only on Phoenix Wright.
With many companies, they are smaller and don't have the resources to make physical copies of every niche title, but Capcom? It was ALL down to choice.
Even if they put it out faster as digital (being their excuse) and later put out a physical copy, it would do VERY well! Nintendo has been using that model lately, and seems to be working out fine! Digital people get it right away, and people wait a few weeks for physical. Everyone wins!
Bottom line: it's Capcom. They haven't been doing too great financially due to some stupid decisions at their head office (not to mention killed Megaman for who knows what reason). But, the truckloads of DLC etc. will continue!
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Any particular reason no mention of Wind Waker HD was made?
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quote
No way was Oda taking part in writing the Pirate Warriors 2 story. Writing his own story is running him ragged.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Its called importing. I play and collect. I love Phoenix Wright, but if it comes to this, id rather have a Japanese only physical copy for my collection than pay for an English digital only.

Maybe they should start considering selling language patches, so if someone wants the physical they buy it in Japan, and then pay a little extra here for an English language patch. Don't see the problem, they get paid twice.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Maybe they should start considering selling language patches, so if someone wants the physical they buy it in Japan, and then pay a little extra here for an English language patch. Don't see the problem, they get paid twice.

Yeah. By like 5 people.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With many companies, they are smaller and don't have the resources to make physical copies of every niche title, but Capcom? It was ALL down to choice.

And some of those smaller companies do make physical copies of their new releases. You can buy Sweet Fuse in a case and that's an otome visual novel for a system that has been considered dead for the past two years or so.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote
See, I put more priority on actually PLAYING video games then watching them collect dust on a shelf.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
Thanks for reminding me that we'll never get that second season of Nadesico. Sad

On the other hand, the mouseover quote for that second One Piece screenshot was one of the best in ages.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1