• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax India's Country Head Speaks About India's Anime Craze

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musashi1600

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
This Indian anime boom wouldn't have anything to do with NieA_7, would it? Wink
ShootYouStars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote
If you look at the other article it says their target audience "downloads music'. If they download music, wouldn't they just pick up the latest english or hindu fansubs? It makes me wonder if they mean legally or via iTunes or that sort of thing.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
I lived in India for a time, and...I woudln't be surprised if the internet connection is a bit slow to be downloading files as large as fansubs. ^^; It wasn't EXTREMELY slow, but it seemed like it would disconnect a lot (particularly if it was really windy, the cord was always coming off the box then). Also, they wouldn't download fansubs if they didn't even know what anime is, right?

If it's really becoming popular I'm sure bootlegs are everywhere, though. The "rental" stores in India are filled with bootlegs...

It's great that India's getting into anime, though. Anime smile It'll be interesting to see if it affects their culture at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
nater801

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quote
yah man, i used to live in india, i was born there, u kno,,
i mean, i think the culture is getin to be like crzy over there..they think its all cool to be talking like idiots over here..

all in all, though, i wanted the anime craze to catch on over there... cus if i went over there on vacation, i still want to be able to watch anime online, or on tv...

though the internet is dead slow there,,, geez what the F *(&? u know?
Atreya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I am from India and let me start off by clarifying a few misconceptions that you guys have.

1. I do agree that a 256kbit connection is slow but its fast enough to download a 170mb fansubbed episode within 2 hours.

2. The anime scene has been quite prevelant here for a long time even before Animax started airing here. Heck, I have been downloading fansubs for over 3 years now.

3. You guys should also check out this forum - http://animestan.forumer.com Its an indian anime community forum.

Sure the majority of the people here are not "crazy" about anime but the community is growing. That forum proves it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1