• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nan Desu Kan 2013

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
that's an impressive array of pictures from someone who forgot their battery charger... Razz

When I see pics from one of these gigs, I wonder sometimes if I was actually there. "wow, didn't see that. Oh, wait, there was a forest kami, a no-face, AND Mononoke-hime? What am I blind?"

Hope you had fun covering it... we had fun being there.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
that's an impressive array of pictures from someone who forgot their battery charger... Razz

There could've been more pictures!!!!! T___T But my battery fluttered out after the first day. I was only able to snap a couple pics for the remainder of the con before it died completely.
Jinnie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Derp. We had extra chargers for things! Next time say something. Razz (PS: That means there has to be a next time) Wink
GiriOni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I got isolated in Fort Collins when the storm hit, and with barely any ways to get down, and several hours spent trying to make it down without much success I had to not go. I'm still crying about it.
rheiders

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Despite all the weather/fire alarm/health issues, I had even more fun this year than last year! Smile This is the only con I'm generally able to go to each year, so I always look forward to driving up with my little group of "anime" friends. Even though the drive from Fort Collins this year took two hours more than usual...Ugh. If we hadn't left early Friday morning so we could set up our AA booth (it was our first year selling), we would have been out of luck.
Cirex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes I remember running into you at the media blasters panel Bamboo. sorry that ran so short. Shocked
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
At the Media Blasters panel, Sirabella talked briefly about some of their upcoming releases, mentioning that they will be dubbing Ladies versus Butlers!, which they previously announced on their Facebook page. Sirabella also revealed that he would be going to Japan next month on business, hinting that the company is actively looking for licenses. He mentioned later that the company is currently focusing on "fanservicey" titles.

Hopefully they get to advertise those titles here on ANN, especially as Media Blaster's schedule is very iffy and I tend to forget what they've got. Since I visit ANN for the news, I use (and click on) the ads as a reminder. But I haven't seen any fanservice ads for a while now, whereas I recall seeing them before. I remember some of Sentai's ads or ANN theme like Majikoi was a eye-popping in a good way. I don't know if that's due to complaints or policy change or what.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With its friendly atmosphere and tight-knit community, Nan Desu Kan delivered a warm, hospitable experience that just can't be duplicated at the big city cons
It also had an English VA guest list that seemingly cannot be duplicated at the big city cons. Oh well, I guess I'm almost used to that by now.

Sooooo, why did you post a picture of a couple of homestuck trolls? Crying or Very sad
Fallenmessiahx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo, you were at NDK and did not have a panel?
I was one of those people finishing costumes at the last min. I was smart enough to know not to spray paint inside. I actually did some last min spray painting outside next to my car. I used old cardboard boxes, of course not to get paint on the pavement. I was still worried I was gonna piss someone off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1