• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad Feature Length Anime Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kei-clone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this will turn out great, unlike Toei's own adaptation of Air in their movie. Unlike Air though, Clannad will not have a previous reception under KyoAni, so we're gonna have to trust Toei on this one.

Nonetheless I'm highly looking forward to this.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quote
The Air movie was not bad, but it paled in comparison to Air TV which came out at the same time. CLANNAD has a chance to be well-received without a KyoAni adaptation out, but let's still pray a KyoAni CLANNAD series is on the way after Lucky Star.

Either way, more Key is ALWAYS a good thing.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quote
About time...Clannad.
Nightfall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quote
I must be behind the times.... Isn't Clannad an Irish musical group?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
uberfrosch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quote
Nightfall wrote:
I must be behind the times.... Isn't Clannad an Irish musical group?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking of that. An anime named after Enya's relatives' band...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:02 am Reply with quote
kei-clone wrote:
Unlike Air though, Clannad will not have a previous reception under KyoAni

Who told you that then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
kei-clone wrote:
Unlike Air though, Clannad will not have a previous reception under KyoAni

Who told you that then?

Have you heard anything about KyoAni making a CLANNAD series? If so, show me where you found the information. That would be the most godly news of the year.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I hope that they do make a Clannad TV. It not like there isn't enough material for one. So far the Air pattern hasn't been continued.

Air movie (Toei) followed by Air TV (Kyo-Ani). Clannad movie (Toei).....
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
About time this good news comes up here ^^;

My opinion in this is good, but don't expect a CLANNAD movie that's true to the story script, because cramping a very very long story (Of course our heroine, Furukawa Nagisa and her daughter will lead the story to success) in a 2 hours (or rather 1 hour 30mins) and staying true to the script story is something I wouldn't bet on. Nagisa's story alone will barely fit movie size if they'll follow the original script. Then put it together with her "After Story"? I just can't imagine how they'll do that without chipping most of the important part that makes the story.

I'll bet they'll cover the most saddest part of the story and leave the TRUE ENDING a mystery to other's who hadn't play the game yet :p

Nagisa's After Story has 2 endings FYI. (The really really sad one and the not so sad one)

This is yet another one of KEY's tear jerker drama... For those who doesn't have an idea what CLANNAD is, this isn't a happy go lucky movie, this is a serious drama movie about family/father relationship. If you can't handle serious (boring) stuff, I advice you now to stay away from this dangerously sad movie because you'll just end up complaining how boring/sappy/sad the show is Anime smile;

(But you won't be able to make me stay away from this because this is a KEY title we're talking about and also, it's one of my all time favorite visual novel.)

Anyway if AIR=family/motherly love
CLANNAD is about family/fatherly love

As for CLANNAD TV Series... I can't clearly give my opinion here because the script is so hard to manipulate. They must totally rewrite the script in order to have all the girls interact with each other and run over their endings (which will conflict with other's ending). And of course if they do that, it'd be a CLANNAD with a weird plot to the one's who played the game :p And of course, the CLANNAD TV Series that you'll expect wouldn't be a 13 eps., It'd be 26, if not then at least let them try to squeeze the show as far as they can :3
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
but let's still pray a KyoAni CLANNAD series is on the way after Lucky Star.

And a new season of FMP and a new season of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm interested in CLANNAD, but I'd like to see a few other things finished (or at least continued) first.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I think a KyoAni adaption of Clannad is a pretty safe bet, if not sooner then certainly later. TV anime are generally announced with a lot less notice than movies or OVAs, so a fall or even summer Clannad TV is hardly unfeasable. Though, does anyone know how long Lucky Star is going to be? It seems like a 26-episoder to me, but that's just a guess. Either way, my hunch is that a Clannad TV series will come after it.

But hey, I'll be happy with just a movie, because Clannad is flippin' amazing. *_*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
yukikanou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote
I am so happy that they taking another Key title. =)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quote
Here's something interesting on the schedule page of Japanese broadcaster BS-i... looks like the rumor might become a reality. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote
Key + Meg means I'll probably be buying this one.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Here's something interesting on the schedule page of Japanese broadcaster BS-i... looks like the rumor might become a reality. Cool

Good find! You just totally made my week! (Even if I was more or less expecting it. Anime hyper)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2