• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime Details for Spring TV Season in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Xenoglasia may be worth a look. It looks like it may be a nice fluff full of cute girls show. With some mechs, too, apparently. Maybe it will suprise me with a good story or something as well.

Seto no Hanayome. I read a bit of the manga and it was rather entertaining. I only read the first few chapters, but I don't remember the girl being a fighter of anysort (though her father ran a mermaid/man yakuza of sorts) despite the website giving that sort of impression. I'll be watching at least a few episodes of this one.

Claymore. I've been somewhat interested in Claymore and I hear it has a good story, but I never cared for the art and I'm entrenced in over 30 other manga series as it is. I'll give this one a try though and see what its like.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Seto no Hanayome definitely has a great look to it, and probably will be one of the series I check out once some episodes turn out. Claymore also looks interesting I am interesting based on the name which also the name of a type of sword so I am hoping for some good ole sword fighting. And lastly Ookiku Furikabutte aka BASEBALL ANIME! with spring training coming in the near future I am so excited for some sort of baseball I am definitely going to check this out, it's probably like most other sports anime but hey I am excited.
potassium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Based on a line of toys produced by Sega

Oh lawd.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Claymore sounds cool, but this season needs more shows than just that. The only manga I can think of with a reasonable head start right now though is 666 Satan.
Starre257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I read a bit of Claymore in a preview book. It sounds interesting and I like the art... I might check out the anime.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Claymore is what I'm most looking forward to. I really like the manga so hopefully the anime will be just as good. Nothing else really looks that interesting to me now but I'd like to give Seto no Hanayome a try.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote
The Idolm@aster? dear god. i can sadly see this doing well.
d.yaro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

There's a promo clip available off one of their web pages but it's a windoze only product. I sure as heck am not sure where the giant robot thing got worked into the show either but it certainly looks like a "Sell! Sell! Sell!" show.

Seto no Hanayome sounds mildly interesting but sadly the only thing that goes through my head when I see the title is Koyanagi Rumiko's hit from way back in 1972 (which was about a somewhat different subject). Let's hope the tune doesn't get used in the show.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quote
d.yaro wrote:
v1cious wrote:

There's a promo clip available off one of their web pages but it's a windoze only product. I sure as heck am not sure where the giant robot thing got worked into the show either but it certainly looks like a "Sell! Sell! Sell!" show.

i'm thinking it's a parody of Xenosaga, hence the title.
Roguespider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote
I can't say anything really jumped out at me as totally interesting, though I'll probably try and check some of them out. I just want to know if there's going to be a 3rd Season of Tsubasa Chronicle. ANN has it listed but there really hasn't been anything offical saying there's going to be a 3rd season, not to mention I know a lot of people complained about too much filler in the 2nd.
Ryllharu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:06 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Seto no Hanayome. I read a bit of the manga and it was rather entertaining. I only read the first few chapters, but I don't remember the girl being a fighter of anysort (though her father ran a mermaid/man yakuza of sorts) despite the website giving that sort of impression. I'll be watching at least a few episodes of this one.

The website is just emphasizing San's (the mermaid girl) Yakuza pride. Like any anime series, all Yakuza are either worthless punks, or if they are the main characters, are filled with great amounts of pride and are something to be admired. Seto no Hanayome follows the latter.

In addition to Seto no Hanayome, I'm really looking forward to Claymore, since I found out just now they're making a series of it. I only found the manga recently myself. Once you get past the somewhat strange art (very childlike faces), there's a lot of depth to the story. I obviously won't get into any details, but it's a very nice mix of deep character development and good old sword combat. If you liked Berserk, you'll probably love Claymore.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
It's nice too see a lot of people looking forward to Claymore. I'm looking forward to it as well. I've read all but one of the 6 volumes of the manga released in the US so far, and I really like it. Sure the art is a little dull (perhaps it will be better in color), but it's got an great story going right now, which makes reading it worthwhile. Hopefully the anime adaptation will do it justice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Ookiku Furikabutte: I've been looking for a good sports anime, there really haven't been any good ones since Princess Nine (no I do not count Eyeshield 21 as a real sports anime).

Everything feels either to kiddy or way to otakuish.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1