• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Poll: Afro Samurai or Haruhi Suzumiya?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... I wonder which category will win. TMoHS or Neither; although I imagine the former will come out on top.

I voted for TMoHS. Yes, I am a victim of the hype.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quote
I watched Afro for free, Haruhi, well thanks to my No Subs Rule, I'll have to rent/buy it. So Suzumiya for me then, the regular release to boot.
Moe Killer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:03 am Reply with quote
is this poll serious? Haruhi is one of the better anime I've seen in the last year and Afro Samurai was just trash. Not even close.
Asako

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote
I voted for both. I guess because I don't watch TV enough to watch anime on various networks or download. I may like it, I may not. But it's the risk I take when purchasing the anime.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:57 am Reply with quote
Man, Jackson's not having a good year. Who knows, though? Maybe Afro Samurai will cross-over with people who don't normally watch anime.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
I said neither... Afro Samurai was stupid, and I'm gonna ignore the hype surrounding Haruhi as long as humanly possible... which could be several years...
When people stop acting shocked that I haven't seen a series, is when I usually get around to watching/buying it... Twisted Evil
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Man, Jackson's not having a good year. Who knows, though? Maybe Afro Samurai will cross-over with people who don't normally watch anime.

It better according to this poll, SpikeTV at least had some very good rating for the series initial run. The results of the poll aren't all that shocking considering how insanely popular MoHS, but I figured that both would of been the second placed rather then neither......
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen either, but from what I heard of both, I'd much rather watch Melody. Hell, I'd sooner sit through SOAP (again) then watch Afro Samurai .
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
I'm not a victim of the hype, I didn't think MoHS was quite as good as people have made it out to be but I'm not one to confuse "overrated" with being a bad series. It's still a good series and I still intend to purchase it when the time comes, Afro Samurai however isn't really my thing so I'll more than likely pass on that one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
God Gundam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
Afro Samurai was horrible. GONZO wasted their money animating it.
trickylove

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
I can't convince myself to spend the money on HoHS since the DVD's aren't going to be in Brodcast order. Yea sure it sounds like a stupid reason, but thats the order I watched it in and its the order that made me a fan of the show. I don't know why I'd buy something I already watched if its not exactly what I want. I do like to buy the offical releases of series I like when they come on DVD, but I wont buy them of they're edited or anything like that.

Maybe way down the road when I can get the box set for like 30 bucks or something.
Hazumu-san

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
I saw an episode of Afro Samurai on Spike, blech. the other seems to fit my tastes better.
Moe Killer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
trickylove wrote:
I can't convince myself to spend the money on HoHS since the DVD's aren't going to be in Brodcast order. Yea sure it sounds like a stupid reason, but thats the order I watched it in and its the order that made me a fan of the show. I don't know why I'd buy something I already watched if its not exactly what I want. I do like to buy the offical releases of series I like when they come on DVD, but I wont buy them of they're edited or anything like that.

Maybe way down the road when I can get the box set for like 30 bucks or something.

Wasn't it mentioned that the US version would BE in broadcast order and that it was, in fact, the Japanese dvds that weren't in broadcast order? I may be wrong, but, I swear I read that somewhere.

And, yeah, it's a stupid reason. If you like it, support the damn show.
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote
I pre-ordered the limited edition of Melancholy when TRSI announced it so that's what I voted for. I have no interest in Afro Samurai even though I like Samuel L. Jackson.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote
Moe Killer wrote:
Wasn't it mentioned that the US version would BE in broadcast order and that it was, in fact, the Japanese dvds that weren't in broadcast order? I may be wrong, but, I swear I read that somewhere.

Starting with volume 2, the US DVDs will include broadcast order discs as extras.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-02-28/the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-to-get-broadcast-order-release
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5