• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can anyone shed some light on the end of GITS: SAC Ep 26?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moon_lemur

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote
Forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong place but I have a question that I have been pondering for quite some time conerning the ending of the series.
It showed on the telly a while back and I remember it ending spoiler[ with the major getting off an aeroplane, getting sighted with an laser gun thingee and being shot with her head exploding everywhere. Batou was not with her as far as I can remember, he was standing outside the plane. In that episode the Tachikoma also got destroyed while killing a big machine of some description.]
Am I wrong here? Am I in fact imagining this? I've been told that I am making it up but I thought I'd check with a few more people.
Anyway, please enlighten me.
varmintx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
moon_lemur wrote:
Forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong place but I have a question that I have been pondering for quite some time conerning the ending of the series.
It showed on the telly a while back and I remember it ending spoiler[ with the major getting off an aeroplane, getting sighted with an laser gun thingee and being shot with her head exploding everywhere. Batou was not with her as far as I can remember, he was standing outside the plane. In that episode the Tachikoma also got destroyed while killing a big machine of some description.]
Am I wrong here? Am I in fact imagining this? I've been told that I am making it up but I thought I'd check with a few more people.
Yes, that's what happened; if you want the details, read this thread: Ghost in the Shell: SAC Ep. 25 concerns. (Spoilers).
Hisdon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
Okay, here is what I understood from the ending of the episode "Stand Alone Complex" from GITS: SAC.

spoiler[The Major discovered that Aoi, whom we thought was the Laughing Man, was merely a copycat himself. Section 9 was re-formed. As Serrano was about to testify in the trial his car was wired (I assume) to explode.]

Now, here's what I don't get. Who was the guy walking down the corridor at the end? My guess is that he was spoiler[the ORIGINAL Laughing Man that Aoi intercepted the email from initially.] Will we be told for sure who he is during GITS: SAC 2nd Gig?

2nd Gig is pretty much completely dependent from the first season. They make refresnces to the Laughing Man case and its obv ious it takes place after it, but you don't even see Aoi in it. And no, you won't really get any answers from your questions from it. You will on the other hand get a lot more background info on the Major.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quote
moon_lemur wrote:

You are actually describing the events of episode 25 which was not the last episode of season 1. Season 1 encompases episodes 1-26 of the series while season 2, offen refered to as 2nd Gig, is episodes 27-52. So if that's all you've seen you may want to try and finish it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3