• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gingitsune (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote

Gingitsune

Genres: Seinen
Plot Summary:
Quote:
Makoto is the fifteenth generation heiress of a small shrine to the god Inari. Her father is still the shrine's priest, but Inari's divine messenger, Gintarou, has appeared to Makoto, marking her as true successor. Gintarou has the ability to see a short distance into the future and to find lost objects, but is unmotivated and foulmouthed. In spite of this, he becomes friends with Makoto, and together they help those who come to the shrine.

Episode 1:
Not bad for the OP song. It's actually kinda catchy in a way.

Seems okay so far. I find the setting to be pleasant though giving off a serene like atmosphere. Saeki seems like an interesting character as well although at one point in this episode, she was a little brash.

OST is decent also and I enjoy the overall atmosphere of this series so far. I'm also curious about the past of the characters. ED song is decent as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
What a pleasant little one-shot to precede an animated feature film... oh, this one's a whole series, too?
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, the first ep. didn't exactly blow me away but i've got a soft spot for this slice of life with a supernatural touch type of series. I wonder if this is gonna be mostly episodic or if it's gonna have a continuous plot.

But anyhow, i'm looking forward to getting to know more of the characters and learning more about Gintaro and his mysterious (ex-)partner.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
You know, based on the premise, I half-expected it to be a comedy. As it turns out, it's not, and it's rather boring at that. So, the plot? Some smartass god lives with some shrine maiden, some girls asks for advice, the shrine maiden misinterprets it, leading to the forced bullshit of her blaming him, feeling bad, and somehow convincing him to come back to pull a deus ex machina to miraculously solve the problems. Bah. I don't even think it deserves spoiler tags.

I guess it's not terrible, since the presentation is nice, but I can't really say I really care for it. I'll stick with it, but only because I need something like this to wash away the unpleasant feeling I get from the godawful Wanna Be the Strongest in the World.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
the first episode is "pleasant" which is both a positive and a negative.

Nothing overly annoying happened, yet nothing that stood out occurred, I will check up the follow up episodes in due time yet for a first episode this is not very promising to catch an audience.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I really dug this one a lot. I have a soft spot for shrine maiden / fox spirit set-ups and this one seems very well done so far.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
By the way, is diagnosis and treatment of injured stray cats part of the 1st grade curriculum in Japan? Every anime character seems comfortable doing it.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
They did mention that the girl with the boyfriend had taken the cat to a hospital. Presumably they were just tending it while it recovered.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Looks like this is a series for the kids, as such it probably won't stand up to most of us adults. It is pleasant enough, I can enjoy a good Shinto anime. Although Gintaro's appearance is kind of less human than I am used to, but I guess his appearance is something easy for children to like, kind of like a person in a costume.

First episode was straightforward, nothing special to say.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
Relaxed anime.
Kinda does reminds of Inuyasha.
This anime is kinda sweet.
Not what I usually like to watch, but I think I'll give it a try.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Between things like Kill La Kill, Coppelion, and Magi, this seems like something simple and pleasant to watch on the side. I liked it alright, and it did well enough to keep my interest. I'll stick with it for now
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I find it very hard not to like any series that features Hisako Kanemoto in the lead role, and it looks like this one won't be the exception. A rather pleasant first episode.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
Quite liked the first episode actually. I thought that the reason why Gintarou liked oranges was sweet (and no wonder that he won't tell her why he likes them so much).

Wonder when we'll be getting a reunion between Gintarou and his lost partner and finding out why he even left in the first place.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote
I guess it's possible he'll be getting a new partner as opposed to reuniting with his old one. And I agree, the backstory on the oranges was great.
NottJim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first episode, a nice mix of charm, some decent characters and a bit of mystery (the missing partner).

Reminded me of Red Data Girl which I really enjoyed but it also kind of fizzled out towards the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5