• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Forum Discussions Thread Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
Many things I would like to point out so I'll start with the basics:

1. This thread is designed to help you find popular or well discussed threads in the manga forum, similar to that of the anime forum. Threads included will be ones about name series, and about popular subjects that have to do with manga reading.

2. This thread will try to follow the design and model of the Anime Forum Discussions Thread, but will not have as much detail as the one in the anime forum. The manga forum is small compared to the anime forum, therefore I'm not going to try and make it a really fancy thread.

3. Thoroughly discussed threads will be posted here, as mentioned above. Series names definetly, and subjects of interest about manga reading. Threads posted here will be ones that have been posted in within the past 1-2 months. If you have found a title I may have missed, or would like to discuss a series in the manga forum, please feel free to post the link or create a new thread. When creating a new thread, please follow the forum's Teh Rules accordingly.

4. I will be working on this as hard as I can, and try to make sure that whatever was missed will be edited into this thread. Please be patient with me and thank you to those who will contribute to this thread in the future.

5. Lastly, though I have not spoken to him directly, I would like to express my gratitude and thanks to frentymon, for maintaining the anime forum version of this thread, and for the idea of how this thread can work. I would also like to thank Tony K. for allowing me to create this thread and what he will be doing with it later.

Manga Series by Name (Alphabetical Order):

20th Century Boys |Main Thread|

Akatsuki no Yona |Main Thread|

Alice 19th |Main Thread|

Attack on Titan |Main Thread|

Battle Angel Alita + Last Order |Main Thread|

Battle Vixens |Main Thread|

Berserk |Main Thread|

Bleach |Main Thread|

Busou Renkin |Main Thread|

Claymore |Main Thread|

D. Gray-Man |Main Thread|

Death Note |Main Thread|

Flame of Recca |Main Thread|

Fruits Basket |Main Thread|

Fullmetal Alchemist |Main Thread|

Gantz |Main Thread|

Genshiken |Main Thread|

Hanaotoko |Main Thread|

Hellsing |Main Thread|

Kaze Hikaru |Main Thread|

Lovely Complex |Main Thread|

Mushishi |Main Thread|

Naruto |Main Thread|

Nymphet |Main Thread|

Oh My Goddess! |Main Thread|

One Piece |One Piece - General Discussion, One Piece Rant, One Piece Manga V.s. One Piece Anime|

Oretama |Main Thread|

School Rumble |Main Thread|

Tokyo Babylon |Main Thread|

Train Man: Densha Otoko |Main Thread|

Welcome to the NHK! |Main Thread|

Vampire Knight |Main Thread|

Topics of Interest:

What do you read your manga on?
Worst Manga You've Ever Read
What was your first manga?
Which manga series do you have the most of?
What are you reading right now?
Your Manga: Reactions of Those You Know
How many chapters do you read a day? {your reading pace]
Manga that are on hiatus or cancel
Should Manga have official ratings like the ERSB?
Top 3 Favorite Manga
Manga series that you dropped?
OEL manga jumping the shark
Is the manga version always better than the anime version?
Best One-Shot Manga
The Shojo Beat discussion thread
The Shonen Jump Discussion thread
Korean Manga (manhwa) Anime smile

Edit: Once again, I thank all who will contribute to this thread.
{Changed title slightly -- hope you don't mind. ~nobahn}

Last edited by fighterholic on Tue May 12, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 17 times in total
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for doing this thread fighterholic! Much appreciated! I think that this will be a great help for veterans and newbies alike!
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Good idea, but how could you not include the thought-provoking discussion of "My Balls" on your list? In all seriousness, it would be nice if you could dig up the recent thread on "Hanaotoko," even if it isn't a terribly well-know series.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Good idea, but how could you not include the thought-provoking discussion of "My Balls" on your list? In all seriousness, it would be nice if you could dig up the recent thread on "Hanaotoko," even if it isn't a terribly well-know series.

Yeah, I thought about that one, but since it's being brought up, I'll take care of it Laughing And like I said, whatever you guys feel is missing, feel free to post here so I can add it.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Hoho. Anime catgrin

Make me proud! Anime hyper And make sure to have fun maintaining the thread and take long breaks (a month without even touching the thread, if necessary!) or otherwise it becomes a really tedious task...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote
I've been figuring this out, and threads of series have carried out two kinds of discussions. The first type talks about the subject matter and content of the series as well as characters. The second subject talks release related subjects concerning the volumes of the manga. Therefore when time permits me at the beginning of the month I'm going to read through the series currently listed in the thread, and sort the manga series into two categories.

This thread is starting to live up to it's purpose, people have been pming me Wink
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I must be the ONLY deviant out there who is enjoying My Balls! hahahahahahaha OH don't look at me like that! Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
mgrace7410

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Toshirodragon wrote:
I must be the ONLY deviant out there who is enjoying My Balls! hahahahahahaha OH don't look at me like that! Wink

lolz Mr. Green
braves

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
Would you mind adding the D. Gray-man and FMA ones? Even though they didn't get far. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Would you please add Battle Angel Alita? Even if it's pretty short and half the posts are mine.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Done, done, and done.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
Is there an Eden: It's an Endless World! Manga discussion thread up? If so, where can I find it? Thanks!
brad12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:17 am Reply with quote
may be it is stupid question, but I wanna know...could someone please explain the difference to me between Manga and Anime. Because I watch Naruto and Yumeiro and Pastissiere (or however you spell it) it is a Manga or Anime. Please tell me what the difference is.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quote
brad12 wrote:
may be it is stupid question, but I wanna know...could someone please explain the difference to me between Manga and Anime. Because I watch Naruto and Yumeiro and Pastissiere (or however you spell it) it is a Manga or Anime. Please tell me what the difference is.

Manga is drawn on paper or other static media; anime is animated and played on video-capable media.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
stephen12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Such a nice thread. I like your idea, thanks for sharing. I read some manga that is on your list and I really appreciate this post. Thanks again :) Looking forward for more of you..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2